PDA

View Full Version : High Elves, 2,500. The King's Warriors

Forsworn
15-05-2013, 17:35
Lord:
- Loremaster of Hoeth: Blade of Leaping Gold, Shield of the Merwyrm, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Potion of Foolhardiness

Heroes:
- Noble: BSB, Barded Steed, Shield, Dragon Armor, Halberd, Star lance, Opal Amulet
- Mage: lvl 2, Dispel Scroll

Core:
- Silver Helms x15: Full Command
- Spearmen x25: Full Command

Rare:
- Frostheart Phoenix

Special:
- Phoenix Guard x20: Full Command, War Banner
- White Lions x20: Full Command, Banner of Discipline
- Dragon Princes x6: Full Command, Rampager's Standard, Charmed Shield, Ogre Blade

I played this list against the Forgeworld Chaos Dwarves, and managed to squeak out a win. It was a VERY fun game. The only big mistake I made was putting my Noble with my Silver Helms and sending them against his Lord instead of my Dragon Princes (who would have had a much better time against him, because he was on the monster with Flaming attacks and would have been able to wreck his Lord on turn 1). Thoughts on the list?

Kahadras
15-05-2013, 22:55
List looks interesting. I'd look to find some points for a couple of Eagle in the list just on the fact that they are so damn useful for their points cost.

Kahadras

KingFerret
16-05-2013, 13:53
Sorry I don't have the new book so correct me if I'm wrong but don't all standard units have a magic standard points limit of 50? While your dragon princes are sporting the rampager's standard which is 55 points if I'm not mistaken. Apologies if I'm wrong, perhaps dragon princes can take up to 100 points of magic standard in the new book...

thrawn
16-05-2013, 20:41
no bolt throwers? i'm thinking they're just such a great buy now, well worth their points.

Texhnolyze
16-05-2013, 21:13
Sorry I don't have the new book so correct me if I'm wrong but don't all standard units have a magic standard points limit of 50? While your dragon princes are sporting the rampager's standard which is 55 points if I'm not mistaken. Apologies if I'm wrong, perhaps dragon princes can take up to 100 points of magic standard in the new book...

You are wrong, they can take a 75 pts standard :D

KingFerret
16-05-2013, 22:55
Wow that's great. My blood knights can still only take up to a 50 point magic banner (except for their own) and they're rare 50 points a piece...and my tomb kings chariots can only take a 25 point banner ;(

*grumble* lucky bloody elves *grumble* favouritism... *grumble*

Kahadras
16-05-2013, 23:00
Wow that's great. My blood knights can still only take up to a 50 point magic banner (except for their own) and they're rare 50 points a piece...and my tomb kings chariots can only take a 25 point banner ;(

*grumble* lucky bloody elves *grumble* favouritism... *grumble*

Well all it really does is give them access to the Rampager's standard so it's kinda useless. My theory behind the increase was that GW origianlly were going to cost the Banner of the Wolrd Dragon in such a way that you'd need a BSB to carry it unless you put it with the Princes (so 55 points plus).

Kahadras