PDA

View Full Version : Unit Hero move (lack of better desription)

Dunk
16-05-2013, 13:06

At my last battle I had this Night Goblin unit with a Black Orc Hero in it, but since it do not have the same base size as the Night Goblins I had to place him at the corner.

When in combat I wanted to move the Back Orc into combat, since he did absolutely nothing on the side.... but how?

We agreed the he obviously couldn't move into combat with the single dryad (i think) in the front, because of the different base sizes. Would I however be able to somehow get him into combat with the treekin (i think) in the flank?

Thanks

T10
16-05-2013, 13:34
Characters in combined units cannot use the Make Way rule if they have a base footprint that is not compatible with the rest of the unit.

After the first round of close combat you may have the opportunity to perform a Combat Reform. However, notice that you have a few restrictions you need to adhere to. You should check the FAQ for the full details, but here's the most important stuff.

1. Models may not move more than twice their Move while performing a Combat Reform.
2. It's debatable wether or not you can perform a combat reform without turning the unit to face a flanking enemy.

You can't simply swap your Orc Character into contact with the Dryads in place of a Night Goblin: For the Orc Character to get into contact you need to turn to face the Dryads and move the Orc Character to the left or right of front rank of the new formation. However, this may be impossible to achieve if the ORc is more than 8" away from its desired new position. If so you will not even be able to use the combat reform to turn since you cannot achieve a legal formation.

-T10

Dunk
16-05-2013, 13:44
Me no like da rulez!

But thanks :)

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2013, 14:03
If those treekin charged, they haven't maximised properly...

thesoundofmusica
16-05-2013, 14:36
If those treekin charged, they haven't maximised properly...

Unless something was in the way at the time of the charge... fanatics perhaps? Who knows...

yeknoMehT
16-05-2013, 14:48
After the first round of close combat you may have the opportunity to perform a Combat Reform. However, notice that you have a few restrictions you need to adhere to. You should check the FAQ for the full details, but here's the most important stuff.

1. Models may not move more than twice their Move while performing a Combat Reform.
2. It's debatable wether or not you can perform a combat reform without turning the unit to face a flanking enemy.

Also, remember that you cannot combat reform if you are engaged on more than one facing (so in the case here, no combat reform until you've killed the dryad!)

Dunk
16-05-2013, 15:13
noted... that stinky dryad somehow managed to stay alive until turn 6, so never had the opportunity anyway - and we actually plays the combat by the rules it seem :P

Artiee
16-05-2013, 18:58
That fanatic on edge of the forest would be dead as soon as he touched the forest.

Lord Inquisitor
16-05-2013, 19:03
You've pretty much hit upon the issue of orcs in goblin units. You can get stuck on the side and unable to move into contact.

Your best bet in this unpalatable situation is to challenge, assuming there is an enemy character on the other side.

Dunk
17-05-2013, 12:48
@ Artiee - The forest was moved by a spell afterwards ;)

@ Lord Inquisitor - Well that sucks... Was going to march the Black Orc out of the unit before casting hand of Gork on it - but forgot :/