PDA

View Full Version : Whats the nastiest High Elf list one can make? (at 2500pts)

astorre
19-05-2013, 00:23
I'll be playing MSU but for kicks I'm trying to think of the best list with the new book... Here's my take on it, whats yours?

Alarielle

Noble BSB - GW, Armor of Caledor
Lv1 High Mage - Dispel Scroll, Ring of Fury, Barded Steed

15 Silver Helms - FC, Shields
15 Silver Helms - FC, Shields

30 White Lions - FC, Banner of the World Dragon
30 Phoenix Guard - FC, Razor Standard

Eagle
Eagle

2488 total.

I still have some points left & I'm over pts in core so there's still some tweaking that can be done. Alarielle goes with White Lions, and will probably use High Magic. Getting just two spells off a turn with her gives the lions a 3++ against non-magical attacks, and a 2++ against magical attacks.
BSB goes with the Phoenix Guard, who come stock with 4++, and the Silver Helms have 2+ armor.

Kahadras
19-05-2013, 00:34
Unit of White Lions + Alarielle + Banner of the World Dragon + BSB with Armour of Caledor

Unit of Phoenix Guard + Mage with High Magic and Talisman of Preservation

Multiple units of Silver Helms for Core

Two Frostheart Phoenix and two Eagles for Rare

The list has two big infantry units that are going to be difficult to take off the table. Get off a single spell with the Mage and he and the Phoenix Guard have a 3+ ward save. Alarielle can get her unit up to a 3+ ward save against mundane attacks (obviously enjoying the 2+ ward save against magical attacks from BotWD). The Silver Helms provide a mobile, well armoured core to the army. The Frostheart Phoenix are there to support the big infantry blocks in combat and the Eagles can provide mobile chaff. Any points left over could go on a couple of small units of Ellyrion Reavers to provide the list with extra mobile chaff.

Kahadras

SteveW
19-05-2013, 01:07
If it doesnt have a loremaster you're doing it wrong.

Asuryan's Spear
19-05-2013, 03:58
a minor point but i'd go for a halberd on the bsb... personal choice but i'd rather have 3 reroll str 5 than 3 ws 6(?) str6

Kahadras
19-05-2013, 10:06
I had a bit more of a thnk about the list and actualy worked out the whole thing...

Alarielle

BSB + Dragon armour and Enchanted Shield
Mage + Extra level and Talisman of Protection

15 Silver Helms + FC and shields
10 Silver Helms + FC and shields

19 White Lions + FC and Banner of the World Dragon
20 Phoenix Guard + FC

Frostheart Phoenix
Frostheart Phoenix
Eagle
Eagle

Alarielle and the BSB join the White Lions. Mage joins the Phoenix Guard. Both magic casters choose from the Lore of High Magic. Both special infantry blocks run 7x3.

Kahadras

pippin_nl
19-05-2013, 11:29
It seems like a list that would face an uphill struggle versus for instance an empire list with:

Lvl 4 ligt mage

Lvl 2 light mage
Lvl 2 light mage
BSB with banner of discipline mounted
Mounted WP

20 IC Knights FC
Swordsmen mage bunker

3 DG Knights
3 cannons

1 Steamtank
2 Hellblasters with Engineers

Or a Skaven list with

Grey Seer with power scroll
Grey Seer with 2 extra warpstones & dispel scroll

BSB
Warlock Engineer with doomrocket
LVL 2 Warlock Engineer with Condenser

3 x 70 slaves
25 Stormvermin with Stormbanner

2 x 10 Gutter Runners

2 Abominations
1 Doomwheel

Elyeva
19-05-2013, 12:42
I always take Reavers because I like the fast cavalry frustration of my opponents. They are in one turn behind their lines, shoot at all things they see and can support when needed in close combat with a rear or flank charge.

I play often against ogres. They dislike small units because then they have to split up their attention. That is btw something that a big ogre block dislikes ;) Phoenix Guards are always good, against every army.

Kahadras
20-05-2013, 00:02
It seems like a list that would face an uphill struggle

Care to construct your own nasty HE list?

I always take Reavers because I like the fast cavalry frustration of my opponents.

Yeah fast cavalry is pretty sweet. One of the possible alternative builds I was concidering for the 'nasty HE list' was to break one of the Silver Helm blocks down into three units of five Ellyrion Reavers. It would be a nice counter to the forementioned 'I have all the war machines' Empire army.

Kahadras

Bladelord
20-05-2013, 00:26
Okay I'll give it a go, an infantry based army when you're unable to take special characters:

Lords:
Loremaster of Hoeth, Book of Hoeth, Amour of Silvered Steel.
330pts.
Total: 330pts.

Heroes:
Noble, BSB, heavy armour, Shield of the Merwyrm, Khaine's Ring of Fury.
139pts.
Total: 139pts.

Core Units:
35 Spearmen, FC, Banner of the Eternal Flame.
355pts.
5 Reavers Knights of Ellyrion, Musician.
90pts.
90pts.
90pts.
Total: 625pts.

Special Units:
27 White Lions of Chrace, FC, Standard of Discipline.
396pts.
27 Phoenix Guard, FC, Razor Standard.
480pts.
Total: 876pts.

Rare Units:
Frostheart Phoenix.
240pts.
Frostheart Phoenix.
240pts.
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Total: 530pts.

Total: 2500pts.

I did not include Banner of the World Dragon because I boycott it due to the Daemonic ''immunity''.

pippin_nl
20-05-2013, 00:27
Care to construct your own nasty HE list?

Yeah fast cavalry is pretty sweet. One of the possible alternative builds I was concidering for the 'nasty HE list' was to break one of the Silver Helm blocks down into three units of five Ellyrion Reavers. It would be a nice counter to the forementioned 'I have all the war machines' Empire army.

Kahadras

I would prefer larger infantry units 30+ and breaking up one of the silverhelm units into smaller units or small reaver units.

Kahadras
20-05-2013, 01:08
Okay I'll give it a go, an infantry based army when you're unable to take special characters

No special characters, no Banner of the World Dragon would be interesting extra rules to add to the proceedings.

I'd probably go for...

Archmage with Book of Hoeth and Talisman of Preservation

BSB + Dragon Armour, Enchanted Shield and Talisman of Endurance
Mage + extra level and steed

Silver Helm unit
Reaver units

Unit of Phoenix Guard + Banner of Swiftness
Unit of Dragon Princes

x2 Frostheart Phoenix
x2 Eagles

Kahadras