PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Word Bearer Land Raider

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 03:05
As the title of this topic says i need help. I just got a great deal on a CSM landraider unassembled and unpainted. Now I'd really like to make something special with it but can't really put my finger on it! You've all seen my wip's of the dreadnought(CSM dread + juggernaught head + penitent engine legs) and the Defiler(2 defiler kits and a hellcannon basically).

I still have the "support struts* from the hellcannon and could put it on top of the raider and put a bell in there and add some whfb banners to the sides(1 for each god). Basically I want to make it look dedicated to a pantheon of gods and be word bearer in feel but not "BLARGH! In your face chaos".

Any ideas would be most appreciated and if it involves the interior that'd be superb. I thank you all in advance.

devolutionary
29-05-2006, 03:09
Less spikes is better. I'd go for candles and braziers over damn spikes any day. Set up an altar with a book, scroll, or tome, add in a suitable daemonic preacher, call it a Dirge Caster.

Dammit I should do that for my WBs me thinks...

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 03:17
I saw a rhino with candles and it seemed odd. Yes I suppose there is a chaos power that keeps unholy candles lit but it's so oooglyboogly. Something more subtle but without a doubt Chaos. It has to be a land raider and yet there should be something horribly twisted on it, malevolent, forboding.

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 03:23
Thanks devolutionary. But immagine the loud roaring of a Landraider's engines it's demonic entity struggling to make itself heard. And the poor Apostle trying to keep balance while trying to read from the tome AND trying to overcome the engine roar. And word bearers do not read litanies while going into battle only drumming is played over their suit amplifiers.(which I found odd but hey)

Yarick Zan
29-05-2006, 03:25
how about a sacrifice chained to the walls on the inside. somthing along the lines of a corpse or still slightly alive guardsman or somthing having his organs hanging out inside seems evil and chaos to me. maybe even the torturer inside it too. maybe even if you really want detailed go so far as to put chaotic runes carved into his skin.

maybe even a spike coming through his chest to provide a way he is hanging on the wall or somthing.

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 03:33
how about a sacrifice chained to the walls on the inside. somthing along the lines of a corpse or still slightly alive guardsman or somthing having his organs hanging out inside seems evil and chaos to me. maybe even the torturer inside it too. maybe even if you really want detailed go so far as to put chaotic runes carved into his skin.

maybe even a spike coming through his chest to provide a way he is hanging on the wall or somthing.
Not to keen on this one it's a military transport of a Legion dedicated to a faith(like the BTs). I doubt they'd use one of their best transports as a experimentation chamber. And besides torture is a trait associated with the Emperors Children, Fabious Bile and the Night Lords and their terror tactics.:(

The Word Bearers tend to brood in the Maelstrom but when they go to war they use their trump ards to maximum efficiency.

Yarick Zan
29-05-2006, 03:37
yea well you have to consider they are also blood worshipping crazed lot. dont you think they would sacrifice somone before or during a battle to help them out a little? sounded like a great idea to me. in the end its your vehicle you do what you want with it.

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 03:39
yea well you have to consider they are also blood worshipping crazed lot. dont you think they would sacrifice somone before or during a battle to help them out a little? sounded like a great idea to me. in the end its your vehicle you do what you want with it.
The blood crazed ones are the World Eaters. The sacrifice would take place yes, but not in a place like that. Word bearers believe in ritual and ceremony. So a "proper" place is used. Btu for getting that extra bloodletter I guess they would use an insitu sacrifice. :)

And your idea isn't bad, but it just doesn't appeal to me. But if I played World Eaters I'd grab that idea in a heart beat turning the landraider into a gory bloody mess.

Yarick Zan
29-05-2006, 03:41
well depending on what you want to use it for it might be a good idea it might not. and im going to check the GW website to make sure your right. cause as far as i know the world eaters had a totaly diffrent method.

Edit: my bad your right and i was wrong (enters shame mode) anyways its up to you what you do. i think generally all of chaos likes sacrifices though. thats usually how daemons are summoned so i figure thats what might happen.

or maybe you could have the sacrifice (already done and dead and stuff) be chained accross the front of the vehicle.

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 03:45
well depending on what you want to use it for it might be a good idea it might not. and im going to check the GW website to make sure your right. cause as far as i know the world eaters had a totaly diffrent method.
Are you sure you're not confusing World Eaters with Word Bearers?

World Eaters=Khorne Berserkers and dedicated to Khorne only

Word Bearers= Turned traitors before Horus himself and worship the gods of chaos as a pantheon and have Fallen Chaplains called Dark Appostles.

Edit: Sorry just saw your edit. The chained sacrifice has been done to death, almost every CSM army showcased anywhere has some poor schlub strapped to the front getting his last "chicken" ride. So I want to steer away from that. Subty chaotic, think the new chaos possesed only FAR FAR away from that concept.

bluebugs
29-05-2006, 05:21
Well I personally am theming my army around the sacred femine. My army worships the chaos gods, but only becasue they want to revert back to a more natural-magical way, not to be evil. anyway on that case I'm having a naked chick just chillin on one of my vehicles with candels and pagan symbols all around her. Just an idea. But if your going to reject other people's advice don't ask for it, just be creative.

Light of the Emperor
29-05-2006, 05:39
The wordbearers are known for their faith and their ability to field many daemons and cultists of every chaos god. You could either:

a) make the landraider a chaplain (apostle) themed vehicle. This would mean tons of (im)purity seals, parchments, writings etc. You can go extreme with candles that sport eerie daemonic glows, or hanging bells etc.

b) dedicate the vehicle to all four powers. Quarter it and paint each part in homage to the particular god...you can have the colors "blend" into one another or into the word bearer color scheme. Maybe get a daemon from each god (daemonette, screamer, plaguebearer, bloodletter) and make them statues on top...

Wraithbored
29-05-2006, 13:57
Well I personally am theming my army around the sacred femine. My army worships the chaos gods, but only becasue they want to revert back to a more natural-magical way, not to be evil. anyway on that case I'm having a naked chick just chillin on one of my vehicles with candels and pagan symbols all around her. Just an idea. But if your going to reject other people's advice don't ask for it, just be creative.
Of course I will reject other peoples advices if I don't like them or find them not to my liking, i am out of ideas not out of oppinions.

What army are you fielding the idea is interesting do you have any pictures up?:)

a) make the landraider a chaplain (apostle) themed vehicle. This would mean tons of (im)purity seals, parchments, writings etc. You can go extreme with candles that sport eerie daemonic glows, or hanging bells etc.
The idea of a bell on top suspended between the support struts of the hellcannon has crossed my mind would you find a bell to be a good word bearer "theme"? And I did think about putting some daemons there(blu taced em into place) the daemonettes and the bloodletters look ok on the vehicle but the flamers, horrors and plaguebearers looks silly. Perhaps I should remodel them heavily to fit on.

Oh and I was also considering putting spikes on but ONLY on the tracksNot accross the hull.