PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell not Tzeentch daemons of chaos 1000Pts army

Xaric
20-05-2013, 20:28
Hero (not allowed to say due to it would give away the cost of the blue scribe)
Core (585Pts)
Specal (not allowed to say due to it would give away the cost of the flamer)
Rare (170Pts)
Total (997Pts)

The Blue scribes

2x Horror's (11) (8 per rank formation)
Upgrade's
Iridescent
Musician
Banner of Eternal Flame

1x Horror's (15) (5 per rank formation)
Upgrade's
Lichebone

Flamer (4)

Burning Chariot
Upgrade's
Blue Horror Crew

The layout in most battles 2 groups of horrors with the 8 rank's in a V shape in front of the horrors in the 5 rank following them in the middle with the blue scribes in front of the 5 rank of horrors when confronted the 2 ranks of 8 are made to tarpit the enemy wile the rank of 5 is to keep feeding more horrors into the melee horrors with the Fire of Change lore attribute if one dies they simply turn into evil little blue horror's :D as for the flamers they will be guarding the chariot in close formation to attack any heavily armored unit's with this attack plan warpflame rule does not have a big effect on enemy's due to the melee horror's have the flaming attack special rule. This is for the 1000 point game's if it was higher I would add heralds into the melee units and give them transmogrification for the chance of 3 blue horror's and take advantage of some gift's from the daemon's of chaos book.

Juicy21
22-05-2013, 07:44
Core (585Pts)
Rare (170Pts)
Total (997Pts)

The Blue scribes

Upgrade's
Iridescent
Musician
Banner of Eternal Flame

Upgrade's
Lichebone

Flamer (4)

Burning Chariot
Upgrade's
Blue Horror Crew

The layout in most battles 2 groups of horrors with the 8 rank's in a V shape in front of the horrors in the 5 rank following them in the middle with the blue scribes in front of the 5 rank of horrors when confronted the 2 ranks of 8 are made to tarpit the enemy wile the rank of 5 is to keep feeding more horrors into the melee horrors with the Fire of Change lore attribute if one dies they simply turn into evil little blue horror's :D as for the flamers they will be guarding the chariot in close formation to attack any heavily armored unit's with this attack plan warpflame rule does not have a big effect on enemy's due to the melee horror's have the flaming attack special rule. This is for the 1000 point game's if it was higher I would add heralds into the melee units and give them transmogrification for the chance of 3 blue horror's and take advantage of some gift's from the daemon's of chaos book.

I like it !! My brother playtests the same kind of list (but with herald on disc and without the blue scribes) and had 20/0 massacre last week vs my brets.. and won vs 1000points vc yesterday. He is a bit lucky with dice rolls tho;) let me know how your games went cheers

yeknoMehT
23-05-2013, 08:14
Core (585Pts)
Rare (170Pts)
Total (997Pts)

The Blue scribes

Upgrade's
Iridescent
Musician
Banner of Eternal Flame

Upgrade's
Lichebone

Flamer (4)

Burning Chariot
Upgrade's
Blue Horror Crew

Those units of horrors are probably too small - although I'm not clear on exactly how many you have in each unit (is it two units of 11 and one unit of 15?), and what upgrades (for example, does your larger unit have any command upgrades - you need a standard bearer for the banner)
You are unlikely to pump out that many extra horrors from spells (it's not like VCs where you can start with a small unit and grow it big enough - remember each horror unit only gets one spell!) - you need enough in the units to start with so that they actually survive and do something other than die to enemy chaff.

I would recommend dropping to maybe two units of horrors (maybe 20 each?) and just have them support each other.

Xaric
26-05-2013, 12:28
Signature spell = d6 strength d6 hit's so there is a chance to get 6 horrors per spell also its a 1000 point game i would put more but i want to optimize there spell point bracket as much as possible 15 being max

yeknoMehT
27-05-2013, 17:39
Signature spell = d6 strength d6 hit's so there is a chance to get 6 horrors per spell also its a 1000 point game i would put more but i want to optimize there spell point bracket as much as possible 15 being max

If you are realistically expecting to get six horrors from a single casting, I might suggest you pick up a few dice and try it.

Against T3 enemy units (ignoring any armour for the sake of simplicity), on average you will get 3-4 hits, wounding on very slightly better than 4s, so say 2 wounds. Then you need to roll a 4+ for each to get a horror. So on average against pitifully weak enemy units you will get one horror. There's a greater variability than normal, but that means a realistic estimate would be between 0 and 3 horrors per cast.

Xaric
28-05-2013, 08:30
i agree with the fact of saying that but realistically there is one turn you could roll all 6-5 and 1 turn roll all 1's people cant say a dice will roll more on 1 side then the other 5 sides due to each side is the same just the number of dot's are different it depends also on how you roll the dice where some people may just drop the dice some may side roll and others just low roll will determine the roll's