PDA

View Full Version : Forces of Nurgle 2400 pts

saruon
21-05-2013, 18:22
Hi!

I need some opinion according my future armylist, haven't bought everything yet and that us why I am planning beforehand. But first I need to explain some of my groups "house" rules.

The lord most always be the same, unless you pay for a change. It is allowed to take one special rule from the Warhammer Rule Book, but nothing too owerpowered. It's allowed to raise his magical item restrictions with 20 points, for example a Chaos Lord is allowed to take 120 points of magical item instead of 100 points. If you're lord is a wizard you must choose all your spells minus one when creating him and one before every games, a lvl4 wizard must then take 3 spells first and one before the game. Other Wizards may not use the same lore as the lord.

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Lvl 4 Wizard (Nurgle)
Daemonic Flight
Chaos Armour

Mutations:
Flaming Breath
Chaos Familiar
Scaled Skin
Burning Body
Soul Feeder

Magic Items:
Sword of Strife
Charmed Shield

Special Rule:
Always Strike First

Spells:
Rancid Visitations
Curse of the Leper
Blades of Putrefaction
Plague Wind

585 pts

Exalted Hero of Nurgle
Battle Standard Bearer
Shield
Dragon Helm
Talisman of Endurance
Barded Daemonic Mount

244 pts

Chaos Warriors of Nurgle x17
Full Command
Gleaming Pennant
Great Weapons
Shields

375 pts

Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame
Halberd
Shields

380 pts

Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle 140 pts

Bile Trolls 300 pts

Mutalith Vortex Beast 240 pts (or Giant, other suggestions..)

Total Point Value: 2398 pts

Thank you for your opinions :)

Blitzgundam
22-05-2013, 06:10
Hi!

I need some opinion according my future armylist, haven't bought everything yet and that us why I am planning beforehand. But first I need to explain some of my groups "house" rules.

The lord most always be the same, unless you pay for a change. It is allowed to take one special rule from the Warhammer Rule Book, but nothing too owerpowered. It's allowed to raise his magical item restrictions with 20 points, for example a Chaos Lord is allowed to take 120 points of magical item instead of 100 points. If you're lord is a wizard you must choose all your spells minus one when creating him and one before every games, a lvl4 wizard must then take 3 spells first and one before the game. Other Wizards may not use the same lore as the lord.

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Lvl 4 Wizard (Nurgle)
Daemonic Flight
Chaos Armour

Mutations:
Flaming Breath
Chaos Familiar
Scaled Skin
Burning Body
Soul Feeder

Magic Items:
Sword of Strife
Charmed Shield

Special Rule:
Always Strike First

Spells:
Rancid Visitations
Curse of the Leper
Blades of Putrefaction
Plague Wind

585 pts

Wow. Just way too much stuff on this guy. A Daemon Prince is a fighty lord, and will almost always be where the fighting is the heaviest which is exactly where a wizard has no place at. House rules aside, which suffice to say seem a little imbalanced, you can make him better for cheaper: Chaos Armor, Scaled Skin, Dragonhelm, Sword of Swift Striking is usually how I run mine. It saves you points as well, which is always nice. Soul Feeder is also nice, as you will be doing a lot of damage.

Exalted Hero of Nurgle
Battle Standard Bearer
Shield
Dragon Helm
Talisman of Endurance
Barded Daemonic Mount

This guy is actually not bad. I say this a lot and it usually holds, but don't bother with a Ward sv on a BSB unless he is outside of a unit. If he gets into a fight where he needs it, he's probably already dead. Try out Armor of Silvered Steel or Enchanted Shield instead. Also, he has to challenge, so I would give him a magic weapon. Nothing spectacular, sword of might maybe?

244 pts

Full Command
Gleaming Pennant
Great Weapons
Shields

375 pts

Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame
Halberd
Shields

380 pts

Ok, this may sound crazy, but drop the Magic Banners and boost the warrior counts up to 20. In addition, I hate Great Weapons on warriors. Chosen yes, Warriors no. It robs them of one of their best attributes, I5. I see the Nurgle theme, and I run a 20 man unit with Nurgle and Halberds myself sometimes. I will say Tzeentch is better, but I understand the theme.

YES. YES. And another YES. These are always MVP's.

Bile Trolls 300 pts

Mutalith Vortex Beast 240 pts (or Giant, other suggestions..)

Eh. These two entries are less so. Since Trolls lost the mutant regeneration they are not worth it. I can suggest Dragon Ogres with either 2 hand weapons or great weapons. They won't take down rank and file, but they will definitely make great flankers. They are very fast and hit decently hard.

Almost all the big monsters in the WoC book are terrible. The Chimera, I feel, is an exception. I couldn't tell you how well it fights. This is due to most opponents throwing everything they have at it to kill it. 6 attacks, d3 poisoned attacks, breath weapon, regen, 4+ Scaly Skin, Fly, and thunderstomp is pretty beefy.

I will make this suggestion, if you dropped the trolls and the Beast, you should have enough points for either more Warriors, another Gorebeast Chariot, or some Chaos Spawn.

Total Point Value: 2398 pts

Thank you for your opinions :)

So as I said, those seem like the best options. You can also give the Spawn MoN to fit the theme. Barring that, Chaos Knights w MoN are also very effective flank riders. If you want bodies, you can go the Forsaken route, though they are best with MoK. Hope that helps!

zielonkak
22-05-2013, 09:19
On DP, kit as follows: charmed shield, sword of striking, dragon bane gem, chaos armor, scaled skin and whatever else you want to add. The warriors are just right. I might add a 18 th warrior for the unit without the bsb. If I run two units of warriors, and I keep both nurgle, then I run one unit with gw, and another with shields. Preferably, I only run one and add festus, but due to your house rules, we have to make due. On your bsb, if you run a ward, just run talisman of preservation, and enchanted shield. Everything else is ok I guess.

saruon
22-05-2013, 20:56
The trolls are staying because I think think they are very durable. Also they are not regular Chaos Trolls but Bile Trolls from the Tamurkhan book which has +1 Toughness +1 Wound +1 LD, Poisoned Attacks and Mark of Nurgle, but they have -1 WS and only 5+
Regeneration. They are also 60 pts each.

The BSB will babysit them and thats why I wanted the Dragon Helm on him. He also already has +1 Armour Save thanks to the shield, chaos armour and the barded mount.

I will drop the Mutalith and considering other choices. I have thought of Dragon Ogres but I dont think they can deal enough damage, maybe a Chimera then..

I might drop one or two wizard levels on the DP but I want a wizard, should I drop all the wizard levels and instead go with a sorcerer with the chaos familiar?

Why Sword of Swift Slaying when I can choose the ASF rule for free? Should I instead of the rule take +1 Wound?

If I take outh the Beast, drop Wizard Levels and some mutations it will give me 445 points to play with.

Fighting Newfoundlander
22-05-2013, 21:11
I think you're right to take trolls over Dragon ogres. Not sure on Bile trolls. I think the warrior units look great, and GW is deadlyon MoN warriors.