PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question about Characters in Chariots

Nargrakhan
29-05-2006, 08:10
Okay. This is a dumb question and I should know the answer to it, but I can't find it in the rulebook. Besides, everyone is allotted one stupid question a month, and I haven't used any this year. :p

If a Chariot is destroyed (i.e. someone just attacks the Chariot but not the Character), and it has a Lord/Hero riding it, that character is lost with the Chariot.

Yes? No?

Thanks for helping me in a retard moment. :)

LucTheVampire
29-05-2006, 08:52
Okay. This is a dumb question and I should know the answer to it, but I can't find it in the rulebook. Besides, everyone is allotted one stupid question a month, and I haven't used any this year. :p

If a Chariot is destroyed (i.e. someone just attacks the Chariot but not the Character), and it has a Lord/Hero riding it, that character is lost with the Chariot.

Yes? No?

Thanks for helping me in a retard moment. :)
NO, but you should have a model to repesent him.
For hero on monster, he will just fight on foot whe the mount is killed.
But i wonder if it was true that, in my memory, the chariot destroy, the character has to take a S5 hit when he fall off. I am sorry that i dont hv the book in hand and cant check for u. But it should be in the character or chariot section.

T10
29-05-2006, 09:40
The character is not killed along with the chariot and vice versa: a chariot is not destroyed just because the character is killed*.

As with characters on monsters you are dealing with a single model consisting of separate components. When subject to missile fire hits are randomaized between the character and his chariot. In close combat attacks are directed either at the character or his chariot.

-T10

*) Tomb King chariots, I believe, are handled as a special case.

g0ddy
30-05-2006, 22:48
Why would you randomize hits to the character riding along in a chariot? When you dont normally randomize hits onto the crew?

AFAIK, you dont - It is treated like a normal barded mount (eg +2 armour save), not a ridden monster. But I also vaguely remember something along the lines of the character takes a s5 or s6 hit when the chariot is destroyed as he 'falls off'.

NB. he also increases the unit strength of the chariot by one.

- g0ddy

ZomboCom
31-05-2006, 00:25
Why would you randomize hits to the character riding along in a chariot? When you dont normally randomize hits onto the crew?

AFAIK, you dont - It is treated like a normal barded mount (eg +2 armour save), not a ridden monster. But I also vaguely remember something along the lines of the character takes a s5 or s6 hit when the chariot is destroyed as he 'falls off'.

NB. he also increases the unit strength of the chariot by one.

- g0ddy

Check the rules. You randomize shooting onto the character, hitting him on a 6.