PDA

View Full Version : The Wandering Orc Tournament Report

Jwk47
24-05-2013, 04:03
Hello Everyone,
I've got a new tournament report up from an event I went to last weekend.

http://littlewaaagh.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/the-wandering-orc-2013-tournament.html

Day 1 is up and I should have the wrap-up done soon.

Cheers. Jeff

Jwk47
25-05-2013, 00:09
Day 2 and Results:

http://littlewaaagh.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/the-wandering-orc-tournament-report-day.html

Sexiest_hero
25-05-2013, 04:25
Ugh, you tricked me. I was expecting orcs! Don't take this the wrong way but everything boiled down to 6 dice slann nonsense, and double flees. There is nothing for a reader to read.

Jwk47
25-05-2013, 05:16
Ugh, you tricked me. I was expecting orcs! Don't take this the wrong way but everything boiled down to 6 dice slann nonsense, and double flees. There is nothing for a reader to read.

Orcs will be next time mate, The Wandering Orc was the name of the tourney as I'm sure you figured out.

No offense taken at all (unless you're just out and out saying my play had nothing to do with winning in which case I take heaps of it, but I don't think that's what you're saying), and while I double-fled my heart out I hardly ever 6-diced anything. When you have focussed rumination you don't want to miscast, you want to draw out dispel dice using your power dice advantage so you can get more spells off, it's all part of presenting your opponent with a dilemna. If you miscast, it pretty much means you only get that one spell off by the time you lose d6 power dice and your opponent still has all of his dispel dice left. So yeah, six dicing with a Party Slann is actually pretty amateur.

SevenSins
27-05-2013, 09:49
Congrtulations are in order! Well done, and #11 in the country? Not bad at all :)

I like the color scheme your aiming for with your witch elves, light dark elves, who'd have thunk

Jwk47
27-05-2013, 23:58
Congrtulations are in order! Well done, and #11 in the country? Not bad at all :)

I like the color scheme your aiming for with your witch elves, light dark elves, who'd have thunk

Cheers, it is a small country though. We're hoping to expand the player base by teaching all of the sheep to play. My thought with the dark elves is that in reality evil forces are rarely so over the top evil so I'm just trying to be a bit subtle and paint up lots of skin.

Cheers. Jeff

SevenSins
28-05-2013, 18:19
If you succeed in teaching sheep to play you'll have the largest (and dumbest) gathering of gamers in the world :)

I'm from a smaller country and being #11 here is not bad at all