PDA

View Full Version : 2,400 Tomb Kings Light Council tournament list

Waywatch
25-05-2013, 10:31
The army plays fairly defensive. The tomb guard are in horde formation with the necrotect at the far end of the unit, hopefully away from enemy bases. Core is at exactly 600pts so I can't really mess around there. Let me know what you all think and feel free to critique. Thanks in advance!

LORDS: 20%

Liche high priest (hierophant, lore of nehekhara)
- level 4, Earthing Rod [235]

Liche high priest (army general, lore of light)
- level 4, Dispel Scroll [235]

HEROES: 9%

Liche Priest (lore of light) [70]

Liche Priest (lore of light) [70]

Necrotect
-Ironcurse Icon [65]

CORE: 25%

Archers (25)
- musician [160]

Archers (25)
- musician [160]

Horse Archers (5) [70]

Horse Archers (5) [70]

Horse Archers (5) [70]

Horse Archers (5) [70]

SPECIAL: 41%

Tomb Guard (30)
- halberds, musician, standard bearer, champion, banner of eternal flame [430]

Necropolis Knights (4)
- musician, standard bearer [280]

Necropolis Knights (4)
- musician, standard bearer [280]

RARE: 6%

Casket of Souls [135]

ewar
26-05-2013, 00:45
Looks good. Unless there is a comp reason, I'd drop the screaming skull for another lvl 1 light. You're going for the banishment spam, might as well make it S7 as S6 is sometimes not enough (e.g. against stanks). Do you really need 6 knights in one unit? No point paying so much for ranks, better to drop one or two and maybe one horsemen unit which would let you take a Hierotitan to boost your casting.

I find the big guy very useful for the additional D3 - having him means I can one dice cast Shems from all the level 1s, plus he has bound shems power level 3. Against VC or undead this can be quite powerful, just repeatedly hitting them with 2D6 missiles.

Zoolander
26-05-2013, 04:27
I think the list is a one trick pony, to be honest, and very decent in certain situations, while being terrible in others. A fast army will overrun your army very quickly and you have only two fighting units, for example. But it should be fun to play at least once or twice. I wouldn't take a heirotitan. With only one Nehekharan caster, it'a not worth the points.

KingFerret
26-05-2013, 20:48
The Heirotitan boosts all magic, not just Nehekran and is extremely effective with a light council. I play a similar list and I find it to be very fun (not a one trick pony).

Waywatch
12-06-2013, 05:05
alright, I updated the list. Thanks for the input, I'd really like to hear what you think about the finished product.

ewar
15-06-2013, 15:22
Looks almost identical to the tournament list I'm painting towards at the moment, so I think it definitely seems better. The only difference is that mine has fewer archers and horse archers and fits in 2 tomb scorpions for burrowing. Some people hate them but I've had nothing but good stuff from mine.

Folomo
19-06-2013, 17:11
I don't see much point to the TG.
Without a prince and with only 30 bodies their option is to work as a anvil (5x6).
And for that, the halberds wont be work well.

For the 430 points they cost I think a simple 60 skeleton horde led by a prince will do better, and it would give greater flexibility to your list, letting you have carrions instead of Horse archers for example.