PDA

View Full Version : new greater daemons

Lord of Change
29-05-2006, 13:47
don't worry, just the models. i reckon the lord of change is looking dated. does anyone have any thoughts on how the new 7th ed ones should be sculpted?

Reabe
29-05-2006, 13:54
This should be moved to Fantasy Discussion if it isn't a "Hey, I went to GW HQ and saw plans for new Greater Daemon Models" or the dreaded "A red-shirt told me..." tale.

7th edition ones shouldn't be scultped. The ones now are fine. If you want new ones, buy the ones being made by ForgeWorld.

Lord of Change
29-05-2006, 14:11
there is no lord of change made by forgeworld fool. the GW looks awful

RobC
29-05-2006, 14:12
Forgeworld fool? I don't think I'm familiar with that particular institution.

Lord of Change
29-05-2006, 14:16
that was some pretty low intellect sarcasm. fool.

RobC
29-05-2006, 14:19
I was trying to suggest that you should be a little more polite. There's no need to insult other board members. It will only divert the thread from its original purpose.

Brendon
29-05-2006, 14:43
Like this now.
Those we have now are just fine.

TrollTyg
29-05-2006, 14:44
that was some pretty low intellect sarcasm. fool.

I think your aiming at being banned from this forum with your namecalling, am i right?
And dont worry if you dont like the current one, forgeworld have plans for making one.

Senbei
29-05-2006, 14:49
Eventualy..... Im hoping that they'll start making more WFB stuff.... I quite like the giant but if they did some trolls it would be cool too...

Avian
29-05-2006, 14:56
Please quit that kind of behaviour or you will be banned from these forums rather quickly.

- The Moderators

Neknoh
29-05-2006, 15:04
Forgeworld has stated that they WILL release all of the Greater Daemons, IIRC, the one they are working on at the moment is actually the Lord of Change Greater Deamon of Tzeentch, although, don't expect it to be all too different from the Lord of Change currently released by Games Workshop, people love it (more times than not) and it is very character-setting for Tzeentch, just like Bloodthirsters are for Khorne, Daemonettes for Slaanesh and Great Unclean Ones for Nurgle.

Reabe
29-05-2006, 15:10

If you'd actually look at the rumours and the ForgeWorld website, you’d see that they are making resin models of all of the greater daemons. If you’d look, you’d see that they’ve already made the Khorne and Slaanesh daemons already. Who’s the fool now?

The Games Workshop models of them may “look awful”, but I know many other models which look worse which should be re-made before GW showers their Cash Cow once again.

SlaaneshSlave
29-05-2006, 15:10
The GW Greater Deamons are horrible. We all know it. The new heads were even worse that the previous.

But the Forgeworld stuff is beautiful. Even worth the price.

On the whole... Nothing to complain about.

The Judge
29-05-2006, 17:45
Whoa there... the new Great Unclean One looks pretty good, and I prefer the the new Lord of Change, especially his staff. Of course, the Forgeworld Papa Nurgle will be pretty amazing.

Leonous2006
29-05-2006, 17:59
Hang on a minute, the greater daemons are definatley some of GW's better models, the GD of T is definatley the best one IMO and its defiantley NOT dated.... there a damn site better than Galrauch, Ork wyvern and come to think of it most of the other stuff which is that sort of size......

Hideous Loon
29-05-2006, 18:30
What I like about the Greater Daemon models is that they look so timeless. A Nurgle G. Daemon will ALWAYS look fat and bloated, and a Khornate Greater Daemon will always be big, red and angry. Therefore, I completely disagree with Lord of Change.

Of course, Forgeworld Fool makes better models (one-off, but still...) than GW, but judging from GW's perspective of having to create shedloads of models, I think they look rather swell.

yerpo
29-05-2006, 18:32
GDs are OK, except for the new egg-head Keeper of Secrets. Honestly, what was the sculptor thinking about?

Luckily, I own the old one, I just hope I don't screw it up when I convert it (in more than one sense :p ).

dax
29-05-2006, 18:57
Don't worry Yerpo the old original head is still available:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99119915011&orignav=13

P/C 9947020110801 cost £3

Hideous Loon
29-05-2006, 18:58
Yeah, there's that... It's IMO a large improvment from the old horsey-face that used to be. Forgeworld makes a be-e-a-you-tiful Keeper of Secrets, however.

Kjell
29-05-2006, 20:24
The newer GUO and LoC models are, in my opinion, much better than the previous ones. The other two are pretty much up to your personal opinion. Now, that said, I'd still like to see plastic models for them all. Mind you, there's a lot of things that should be updated before the Greater Daemons.

I do wonder what the FW LoC is going to look like. Hopefully it'll look a little more like the Horrors, Flamers and Screamers than it does now.

Lord of Change
30-05-2006, 08:18
ok sorry. actually i was in a pretty bad mood anyway and i din't mean to insult anyone.

so FW have plans for a new lord of change? cool! where did you find that out?

Kjell
30-05-2006, 08:31
so FW have plans for a new lord of change? cool! where did you find that out?

They've been doing all of the Greater Daemons, actually. First there was the Bloodthirster, then the Keeper of Secrets, now the Great Unclean One is being worked on and the Lord of Change is (relatively) soon to follow.

I have no idea about release schedules for the last two, though.

StarFyreXXX
02-06-2006, 10:11
Forgeworld told me at GD Paris that they were planning NUrgle daemon next...

Maybe he meant they were planning it, but Tzeentch demon is actually releasing this year *shrug*

It sounded like nurlge will release this year...

Sanjay

jansenm
03-06-2006, 00:42
they are taking their sweet A time
slaanesh daemon came out ages ago

StarFyreXXX
03-06-2006, 04:59
It's 1/year....slannesh came out at UK games day (well, I got mine there, before it was avail for regular order cause they had a few).

Sanjay