PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2400 pts

Gharnukk
28-05-2013, 11:18
Greetings.

I was sitting here and thought to myself that Lizardmen are getting a new book.
And I felt the urge to make a list, probably the last I will do with the current one.
Please let me know what you think.

Slann mage priest.
- Level 4 (Lore of Heavens)
- BSB
- Focus of mystery
- Focused rumination
- Soul of stone
- Divine plague of protection
- Itxi grubs

Saurus Scar-veteran.
- Cold one
- Light armour
- Sword of Might
- Charmed Shield
- Dawn Stone

Saurus Scar-veteran.
- Cold one
- Light armour
- Great weapon
- Venom of the firefly frog
- Amulet of Itzl
- Dragonhelm

Skink priest.
- Level 1 (Lore of Heavens)
- Cube of Darkness

30 Saurus warriors.
- Full command

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

5 Terradon riders.

20 Temple guards.
- Full command

6 Chameleon Skinks.

6 Chameleon Skinks.

3 Salamander hunting packs.
- Handlers

Total: 2400

Thank you for watching.

Moss
28-05-2013, 22:41
Looks good for the most part, but i have some fine-tuning suggestions.
1- drop soul of stone on the slann and replace it with cupped hands for miscast protection-its just better
2- terradons work best in threes-either drop two or find points for two units of three
3-split the salamanders up into two groups-this protects you from having them all killed or tied up at the same time

Like i said, you should do well as-is, but if you want to be slightly more competetive, my advice should help.

Spiney Norman
29-05-2013, 09:16
The scar veterans are joining the infantry units I take it? Or is the charmed shield one running solo? For me stupidity makes these guys unreliable, esp when they are so vulnerable to being shot, perhaps consider the magic carpet as an alternative mode of transport?

The Slann is good, although as has been pointed out soul of stone is a terribly expensive upgrade for what you get. No spell in heavens is so good that you should be 6 dicing it and hoping for IF so actual miscasts should be fairly rare, cupped hands is probably all you need here, however that does mean you'll need to drop the ixti grubs to free up the arcane slot (no eat loss because they're really not that good anyway). If you're still wanting a 3rd discipline I can recommend becalming cogitation, it plays absolute havoc with the enemy casting phase esp if they're the kind of player that likes to 6 dice spells like PSX or dwellers.

Gharnukk
29-05-2013, 09:49
Thank you for the help guys. And yep Scar-veterans in infantry unit. I will loose soul of stone and the itxi grub.

Gharnukk
29-05-2013, 10:18
New list looks like this. The changes on the Slann opened up for two units of three Terradon riders.

Slann mage priest.
- Level 4 (Lore of Heavens)
- BSB
- Focus of mystery
- Focused rumination
- Cupped hands of the old ones
- Divine plague of protection

Saurus Scar-veteran.
- Cold one
- Light armor
- Sword of Might
- Charmed Shield
- Dawn Stone

Saurus Scar-veteran.
- Cold one
- Great weapon
- Light armor
- Venom of the firefly frog
- Amulet of Itzl
- Dragonhelm

Skink priest.
- Level 1 (Lore of Heavens)
- Cube of Darkness

30 Saurus warriors.
- Full command

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

10 Skink skirmishers.
- Blowpipe

3 Terradon riders.

3 Terradon riders.

20 Temple guards.
- Full command

6 Chameleon Skinks.

6 Chameleon Skinks.

3 Salamander hunting packs. (Two separate units)
- Handlers

Spiney Norman
29-05-2013, 11:11
If the scar veterans join the infantry unit, why buy them cold ones? Its not that hard to get a decent Armour save on a scar vet on foot, and putting them on a mount means they won't get to make Look out Sir, which will be a major problem if you come up against cannons, pit of shades or purple sun.

Gharnukk
29-05-2013, 12:36
True, true :) Maybe have them single or drop the mounts.

Moss
29-05-2013, 14:49
I usually mount mine with the intention of going solo, but sometimes throw them in units if deployment indicates it might be better. basically, i like the flexibility afforded by the mount, but that's just me.

Gharnukk
29-05-2013, 21:59
Yeah I think that it will be the case for me aswell. Let's just hope stupidity play nice ;)

Moss
30-05-2013, 00:31
After playing a game or two with this list, let us know how it goes - i'd like to hear how the lore of heavens works out. my usual list isn't too far off, except that i almost always use light.

jarbo
30-05-2013, 06:16
The only time I run my heavens slann is with tetto eko, but I would like to see how it goes. Second list looks good, but as mentioned I'd run the vets on foot for the los.