PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur Warherd, 2000pts Lizardmen

Spiney Norman
29-05-2013, 09:06
The concept for this army was to fit in as many monsters as I could at 2k, personally I still think the EotG is a good option in the absence of a slann. Let me know your thoughts.

Lords
Saurus Oldblood,
Light Armour, Burning Blade of Chotec, Charmed Shield, Talisman of preservation, Carnosaur

Heroes
Skink Priest
Level 2 wizard, lore of heavens, plaque of Tepok, Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the gods

Core
20 Saurus
Hand weapons & shields, full command

20 Saurus
Spears & shields, full command

10 Skink Skirmishers

Special
Stegadon
5 chameleon skinks

Rare
Stegadon Ancient

I will cluster the monsters around the EotG for the ward save until the skinks have had a chance to deal with any enemy artillery (or until they get in range to charge).

maze ironheart
30-05-2013, 15:36
I really can't pick much wrong here it is good too see someone build something that dose not rely on Jubba the huts cousin the only thing is the saurus need to be 24 strong in my oppinuion I would turn the ancient steg into another normal stegadon.The reason is a stegadon should charge not be shooting IMHO.

Moss
30-05-2013, 18:25
The point of the ancient is his higher strength, not necessarily the blowpipes. Besides, he can't fit any more into special.

I don't know if it works points-wise, but maybe drop the second saurus unit for more chameleons or terradons to protect against warmachines - make up the core points by increasing the size of the remaining unit.

Spiney Norman
30-05-2013, 18:27
I really can't pick much wrong here it is good too see someone build something that dose not rely on Jubba the huts cousin the only thing is the saurus need to be 24 strong in my oppinuion I would turn the ancient steg into another normal stegadon.The reason is a stegadon should charge not be shooting IMHO.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to bolster the Saurus without losing the skinks or one of the monsters, I'm slightly nervous about putting them all in one big unit because of spells like PSX and pit of shades that will nuke the lot of them.

Also the reason the ancient steg is more than the regular one is because of the increased armour save and St6 impact hits and thunderstomp, which for me are more than worth it. Howdah weapons are pretty irrelevant IMHO since I almost never use either variety, if I could take two ancients at this points level I would.

maze ironheart
30-05-2013, 21:49
I'm not sure how easy it would be to bolster the Saurus without losing the skinks or one of the monsters, I'm slightly nervous about putting them all in one big unit because of spells like PSX and pit of shades that will nuke the lot of them.

Also the reason the ancient steg is more than the regular one is because of the increased armour save and St6 impact hits and thunderstomp, which for me are more than worth it. Howdah weapons are pretty irrelevant IMHO since I almost never use either variety, if I could take two ancients at this points level I would.

Then their is not much to change except for spears on the saurus as they will need all the protection they can get in combat.