PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Bell challenge question

Zoolander
30-05-2013, 15:30
If the Grey Seer on a Bell gets into a challenge, I'm assuming the Bell works just like any other mount. IE: the Bell is in the challenge also, meaning that while in the challenge neither the Bell or the Seer can be attacked by other models, and the ogre fights in the challenge as well. Does anyone have an opinion opposite of this? There was nothing in the FAQ (naturally) regarding this.

underscore
30-05-2013, 16:02
That sounds right to me.

What sounds wrong is the fact that you accepted the challenge in the first place! :)

Zoolander
30-05-2013, 19:40
That sounds right to me.

What sounds wrong is the fact that you accepted the challenge in the first place! :)

It sounds crazy, but after many battles, I find the using the challenge system to my advantage really helps. It keeps the Seer from being pummeled by 6 chaos warriors because the base is so big. My rat has the fencers blades, which means everyone is hitting on 4's if not 5's, and combined with the 4+ward and the Skalm, I am very hard to kill. Then I only have to fight one guy, not 6 or so. But you are not the first person to say that. I'm may be crazy, but only like a fox...

theunwantedbeing
30-05-2013, 19:51
It sounds crazy, but after many battles, I find the using the challenge system to my advantage really helps. It keeps the Seer from being pummeled by 6 chaos warriors because the base is so big.

More importantly, it keeps the Bell itself from getting pummelled :P

Zoolander
30-05-2013, 20:34
More importantly, it keeps the Bell itself from getting pummelled :P

Exactly. Why do so many people find that hard to see? LOL.

Clowater
31-05-2013, 01:33
Unless you have another Character in the unit, you can just say no to any challenge the chaos champions issue

Normal unit champions aren't elegible to go to the back ranks, so your grey seer would always be the one.

Just another option for other players really

wyvirn
31-05-2013, 03:32
Isn't there something about how the GS can scamper up the bell to avoid a challenge?

Zoolander
31-05-2013, 06:33
Isn't there something about how the GS can scamper up the bell to avoid a challenge?

Indeed he can, but then they'll just strike the bell. It's often a sly tactic to disallow either target (but this does vary greatly depending on the enemy).

underscore
31-05-2013, 10:41
Exactly. Why do so many people find that hard to see? LOL.
Funnily enough I did start to think of that after I posted my response. I guess the problem is that most Chaos Warrior units I've faced have come along with a beefy character and, Fencing Blades or not, it seemed like a step too far for the GS!

Sounds like a decent idea for a unit with just a champion, mind.

Zoolander
31-05-2013, 20:18
Funnily enough I did start to think of that after I posted my response. I guess the problem is that most Chaos Warrior units I've faced have come along with a beefy character and, Fencing Blades or not, it seemed like a step too far for the GS!

Sounds like a decent idea for a unit with just a champion, mind.

Yeah for sure. You definitely have to choose your times to accept carefully, you're correct.