PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Tournament High Elves

Citadel97501
01-06-2013, 00:37
Hello all,

I have been paying around with a Dragon mage lately but I have a tournament coming up tomorrow and I was hoping to get some opinions on this list which trades him out for the BSB and the shooting.

Expected Turn Out
Dwarves (Artillery and 2 Blocks of GW Warriors)
Empire (10 Inner Circle Knights, 2 huge blocks of 30+ Swordsmen, & a Pope Mobile)
High Elves (Very Inexperienced)
Dark Elves (double Hydra)
Nurgle WOC (with Demon Prince.)
VC (Ghoul Horde, Grave Guard Horde, Zombie Block with little Manfred, and 2 other vampires)
Wood Elves (2 sets of 3 Tree Kin, 20 Glade Guard, Tree Man, 20 Dryads)
Nurgle Demons (with Epidemius and two nasty units with 3d6+3 attacks.)

My intent is to have a good amount of magic, & shooting, followed up by decent close combat. I like the dependability of the Lore Master, since he has so many spells, I always get something off. He also does reasonably well at anti-magic but I do expect to be out classed in that department by the Vampires.

(I have access to 30+ Phoenix Guard but their not painted :(....)

Lore Master
-Book of Hoeth
-Sword of Anti Heroes
-Shield of the Myrwyrm

Noble
-BSB
-Dragon Armor
-Enchanted Shield
-Reaver Bow
-Potion of Strength

Spear Men x 20
-Banner
-Musician
-Shields
-Banner of Discipline

Silver Helms x 10
-Banner
-Musician
-Shields

White Lions x 15
-Banner
-Musician
-Champion
-Banner of Eternal Flame

Sword Masters x 15
-Banner
-Musician
-Champion
-Banner of the World Dragon

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Sisters of Avelorn x 10

Forsworn
01-06-2013, 05:09
On the Loremaster, I prefer making him a combat lord. My build for him (it worked wonders the game I tried it out) was: Leaping Blade, Golden Crown, Shield of the Merwyrm, Potion of Foolhardiness. On the charge you use the potion, that is 7 S4 attacks with re-rolls. If you get Wildform off, that is 7 S5 attacks. Nothing to scoff at, especially with the rending.

The Noble is OKAY. . . . but it could be better. Personally, I'd make him a mounted Noble, with the Star Lance, Opal Amulet, Dragon Armor, and Luckstone. 2+ reroll first fail, 4++ vs first wound. Star Lance makes him S7 ignore armor. Seems good, right? Plop him in with the Silver Helms and profit.

I am guessing that the SIsters and Bolt Throwers are to take out Hydras and similar monsters? Honestly, I prefer going with bigger units of Lions or Masters (as is, you lose attacks as soon as you take casualties. I prefer units of 20, personally, but that's just me.
I'd change out the characters, but aside from those, it looks quite good. :)

Citadel97501
01-06-2013, 05:14
Thank you, my reasoning behind the units of 15 is to make sure I get the most number of attacks at the lowest cost, but you are right that I lose attacks as soon as some of them start dying, however I have final finished painting all of those models.

Forsworn
01-06-2013, 05:23
The other question was, do you have enough to put down Phoenix Guard? A unit of 15 of them is decently survivable, at least. I figure if you can go with those, then it might not be a bad idea to use them thanks to their save.

Citadel97501
01-06-2013, 12:27
I had a slightly different list I wanted to get everyone's opinion on? Basically I dropped the White Lions for 10 more Sisters, and a Hand Maiden? This gives me an even stronger shooting phase but I lose out on the anti-heavy armor? I am concerned it would not work very well in a tournament environment.

Lore Master
-Book of Hoeth
-Sword of Anti Heroes
-Shield of the Myrwyrm

Noble
-BSB
-Dragon Armor
-Enchanted Shield
-Reaver Bow
-Potion of Strength

Hand Maiden of the Everqueen

Spear Men x 20