Brolaski
01-06-2013, 16:00
LORD:
Supreme Sorc
-lvl 4
-Shadow
-Tome of Furion
-Seal of Ghrond
-Biting Blade (Cause I had points left over)

HEROES:
Sorc
-lvl 1
-Metal
-Dispel Scroll

Cauldron
-BSB

CORE:
Corsairs x30
-St, Musc.
-Sea Serpent Standard

xbows x19
-Musc.

xbows x10
-Musc.

Harpies x5 (x2)

SPECIAL:
Black Guard x20
- St, Musc.
-Banner o' Murder

Shades x8
- AHW
- Assasin
= Rending Star
= Manbane

So what does everyone think? Strong list? What can I add/remove and why? Thank you for any and all help!

Time of Madness
02-06-2013, 15:47
If you really want to make it a tough list here is what I'd do.

- Drop the Assassin/Shades (which saves you 281pts), drop the biting blade (5pts) and 7 X-bows from the larger unit (70pts)

This gives you 356pts left over.

Here's what I'd pick up

- 2 Hydras

The hydra's will really help this combat style list out and support the corsairs and black guard well. You still have the harpies to chase down war machines and small units (same role as the shades).

Make the X-bow units each 11 strong (12 when you add the wizards).

Hope this helps.

time of madness

Cobra
13-06-2013, 04:27
I would get a sac dagger on that sorceress and I would drop the stuff that the other guy mentioned but I think a DE army needs at least one of the two cold ones or executioners. I would try and get a unit of one of those two in there.

BattleofLund
13-06-2013, 20:47
Here's what I'd pick up

- 2 Hydras

The hydra's will really help this combat style list out and support the corsairs and black guard well. You still have the harpies to chase down war machines and small units (same role as the shades).

I would get a sac dagger on that sorceress and I would drop the stuff that the other guy mentioned but I think a DE army needs at least one of the two cold ones or executioners. I would try and get a unit of one of those two in there.

If you want to keep the Shades, I would give them a strong 'yes'-vote. While not as strong as a Hydra, they will work well with your other shooters and the Shadow lady. Also, Scout gives you a deployment advantage. That said, yes the Hydra Twins is a stronger choice.

The Big Knife is near an auto-include, whether I run a single lvl2 or a lvl4 plus support. It's very nice, especially with the recent clarification (sacrifice can turn a Loss of Concentration into a success).

I've found no particular need for Str6, even if my Cold Ones do very well when they get to come along. Str5 (Hydras and Chariots) and the torrent of Armour Piercing Str3 attacks (rxb, and people with Banner of Murder in close combat) make lots of painful holes in armour. Combined with Lore of Shadow hexes it's even better.

Cobra
13-06-2013, 21:15
If you want to keep the Shades, I would give them a strong 'yes'-vote. While not as strong as a Hydra, they will work well with your other shooters and the Shadow lady. Also, Scout gives you a deployment advantage. That said, yes the Hydra Twins is a stronger choice.

The Big Knife is near an auto-include, whether I run a single lvl2 or a lvl4 plus support. It's very nice, especially with the recent clarification (sacrifice can turn a Loss of Concentration into a success).

I've found no particular need for Str6, even if my Cold Ones do very well when they get to come along. Str5 (Hydras and Chariots) and the torrent of Armour Piercing Str3 attacks (rxb, and people with Banner of Murder in close combat) make lots of painful holes in armour. Combined with Lore of Shadow hexes it's even better.

I actually really like the shades as well. Maybe the S6 isnt an absolute must but nice to have imo the black guard might do alright as the heavy hitters but you are right if you dont have them you at least need some hydras.