PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Vampire Counts - Another bite

iLLiTHiD
03-06-2013, 15:16
2500 Vampire Counts

LORDS - 553

Master Vampire - Mathias Cronqvist (Lore of Vampires)
Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Nighmare, lvl 4, Red Fury, Quickblood, Beguile,
Talisman of Preservation, Sword of the Anti-Hero, Dragonhelm, Other Trickster's Shard

HEROES

Necromancer - Agahnim (Lore of Vampires)
Book of Arkhan

Necromancer - Azarias (Lore of Vampires)
Dispel scroll

Cairn Wraith

Cairn Wraith

CORE

Skeleton Warriors x 68 (Wraiths here)
spears, FC, Lichebone Pennant

Zombies x 20
Musician, Standard

Zombies x 20
Musician, Standard

Dire Wolves x 5
Champion

Dire Wolves x 5
Champion

SPECIAL

Spirit Host

Spirit Host

Crypt Horrors x 6

Black Knights x 10
barding, lances, FC, Banner of the Barrows

Vargiests x 3

RARE

Blood Knights x 5 [Mathias here]
Standard, Gleaming Pendant

TACTICS:
Skeletons deploy slightly offcentre of the middle of the battlefield. Necros bunker in a zombie unit behind the skeletons, and the 2nd zombie unit picks the closest side of the board to tarpit. Spirit swarms tarpit/protect flanks of main anvil units. Crypt horrors are moved via book of arkhan to act as the army's "hinge", pushing the battle line forward. Bk and BlK ride on a flank to sweep enemy army, with wolves screening the knights. Vargiests fly opposite side (moonwalking them).

KingFerret
03-06-2013, 15:51
You'd be better off putting your vampire lord in the black knights rather than the blood knights. The blood knights don't need any more killy goodness but the black knights - while durable and fast - do lack the punch that a vampire lord can bring to them.

Other than that the list is fairly solid, i prefer the ogre blade to the sword of anti-heroes personally, but only because I know that my ogre blade will always be useful, whereas in many fights the sword of anti-heroes will have no effect.

I would also drop the banner of the barrows, with your vampire lord in with them, they don't nee that boost, they'll murder everything you put in front of them either way. You could spend the points on lvl 2 for a necromancer and musician for the blood knights.

I generally like the list a lot though - pretty nifty.

Moss
03-06-2013, 18:10
I second the above poster's ideas - the bks need character support to get kills far more than the blood knights. either way though, i like what you've done there.

iLLiTHiD
18-06-2013, 08:02
You'd be better off putting your vampire lord in the black knights rather than the blood knights. The blood knights don't need any more killy goodness but the black knights - while durable and fast - do lack the punch that a vampire lord can bring to them.

Other than that the list is fairly solid, i prefer the ogre blade to the sword of anti-heroes personally, but only because I know that my ogre blade will always be useful, whereas in many fights the sword of anti-heroes will have no effect.

I would also drop the banner of the barrows, with your vampire lord in with them, they don't nee that boost, they'll murder everything you put in front of them either way. You could spend the points on lvl 2 for a necromancer and musician for the blood knights.

I generally like the list a lot though - pretty nifty.

2500 Vampire Counts

LORDS
---------------------------------------

Master Vampire - Mathias Cronqvist (Lore of Vampires)
heavy armour, shield, Barded Nightmare, lvl 4, red fury, quickblood, Beguile, Talisman of Preservation, Sword of the Anti-Hero, Dragonhelm, Other Trickster's Shard

HEROES

Necromancer - Agahnim (Lore of Vampires)
Book of Arkhan/Ruby Ring of Ruin

Necromancer - Azariah (Lore of Vampires)
Dispel scroll

Cairn Wraith

CORE

Skeleton Warriors x 69 (Wraith)
FC, Banner of the Eternal Flame

Zombies x 20 (Necro bunker)
Musician, Standard

Zombies x 20
Musician, Standard

Dire Wolves x 5
Champion

Dire Wolves x 5
Champion

SPECIAL
--------------------------------------

Spirit Host

Spirit Host

Crypt Horrors x 6

Black Knights x 09
barding, lances, FC, Standard of Swiftness

Vargiests x 3

RARE

Blood Knights x 5
Standard, Gleaming Pendant

TOTAL
2444 (56 spare)

OPTION 1
Drop vargiests, take 5 hex wraiths with 44 points spare.

OPTION 2
Upgrade the Wraith to a Banshee with 21 points spare.

OPTION 3
Drop vargiests, take a vargulf with 19 points spare.

Thoughts:
- Fel bats?
- Replace the blood knights? (possibly with a vargulf?)
- Anything else?

KingFerret
18-06-2013, 10:50
Only change I would make would be flaming banner on the blood knights instead of the gleaming pennant, they're fantastic monster hunters. As for the spare points I would probably add another vargheist to the unit.

iLLiTHiD
18-06-2013, 15:44
Only change I would make would be flaming banner on the blood knights instead of the gleaming pennant, they're fantastic monster hunters. As for the spare points I would probably add another vargheist to the unit.

The reason why I gave the Blood Knights the Gleaming pennant was to give them operational flexibility - they can run around outside of the general's range and have a reroll for their frenzy test if needed. As you can see, the skeleton unit has the flaming banner equipped, so I have my flaming attacks covered.