PDA

View Full Version : 2400 HE, too much core? almost 0 comp...

Oberon
04-06-2013, 11:10
So I learned today that the tournament I'm attending soon doesn't really have any composition requirements besides banning special characters and unpainted&unbased models. I begun by taking all my white lions (45 of them) and putting them in a single unit, filling my core with archers and then taking what characters I could with the basic rare selection I always take. After looking at the list for a while I decided not to and removed dragon princes and some white lions, leaving me with a list like this:

Loremaster: sword of might, shield of 4++ parryward, golden crown of 2++ ward, book of hoeth=330
noble: BSB,GW, armour of caledor=149

14 archers: musician, standard=160
14 archers: musician, standard=160
18 archers: musician, standard=200
37 spearmen: FC, flaming banner=373

36 white lions: FC, banner of world dragon=548

2x1 great eagle=50+50
2x1 bolt thrower=70+70
1 frostheart phoenix=240
=2400
I might have a bit too much core (893pts) but I don't know what I should take instead. Easiest change would be to remove 18 archers and take 6 dragon princes (FC) instead, with a bit of shifting I could get a magic banner for them as well. I'd much rather take 25 phoenix guard with the white lions, but that unit is quite expensive (450 with AP banner)...

Zwink
05-06-2013, 21:09
you know, if youre going to play with archers like this i would give your noble a Reaver Bow and Razor Banner and putting him in 1 block with lots of archers since you have martial prowes and 3 rankes of HE shooting, you can make blocks of 3x7 or 3x8 they will do a lot more dmg with the AP.

Shadeseraph
06-06-2013, 05:36
you know, if youre going to play with archers like this i would give your noble a Reaver Bow and Razor Banner and putting him in 1 block with lots of archers since you have martial prowes and 3 rankes of HE shooting, you can make blocks of 3x7 or 3x8 they will do a lot more dmg with the AP.

Razor banner was faqed to not apply to bows.

SaltGut
06-06-2013, 15:53
Looks like your going to get a lot of draws

everyone has a hardon for the lore master... Take a level 4 with lore of shadow instead and shred people with archers and toughness debuff, then when they get into hand to hand shred them with Mind razor.

thrawn
09-06-2013, 03:18
Looks like your going to get a lot of draws

everyone has a hardon for the lore master... Take a level 4 with lore of shadow instead and shred people with archers and toughness debuff, then when they get into hand to hand shred them with Mind razor.

i'm hearing that a lot, but with high armour saves being the new black I haven't had too much luck with it.

get rid of great eagles, take out archers, and take another phoenix.

get rid of loremaster, he's not good at anything, take a lvl 4 instead.