PDA

View Full Version : Did your wishlisting come true?

Bergen Beerbelly
05-06-2013, 00:36
So now that we have a new codex for Eldar, did you get what you wanted? Did your wishlisting come true?

For me, I know I wanted BS 4 on all of the Eldar vehicles.

And I wanted the Wave Serpent to be able to fire it's shield as a weapon.

I also wanted dark reapers to be available in 10 man squads.

I wanted 20 man guardian squads to be able to take more than one weapon on a platform

And I wanted the warp spiders and the shadow weaver support platform to be similar to the night spinner.

And I got all that.

So how about you? What stuff did you get with the new eldar that you wanted? :p

Individual8580
05-06-2013, 00:39
I wished it to be viable while not being mind-boglingly broken. Seems like it's just that.

Zustiur
05-06-2013, 01:34
Nope. 12" catapults leaves me with no desire to play eldar.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

jakka
05-06-2013, 02:08
no, i was hoping for a new aspect, and we almost got that in the crimson hunter but not quite, also i hate wraith units and two new wraith units was not what i was hoping for, i loved pathfinders in the old codex when you rolled 5 or higher to hit its ap 1, plus the sniper rending rule, also i was excited to have a outcast HQ choice, illic himself is amazing, but he has no synergy, in order to take the now severely nerfed pathfinders you have to have illic, and the only bonus he gives them is the all percision shot bonus which interesting and fun is not very helpful after the second round of shooting, the other thing he does for them is to allow them to deep strike next to him, but now they can only fire snap shots for a turn so it would be almost better off infiltrating them near where you want then moving them later, although i could see it used to surprise a few newer players. all in all i do like the new codex and i dont want to sound overly bitter about the pathfinder nerf, the only other thing i have to say is that although the remnants of glory is a great idea, none of them are overly good, i was going to use them to make a jugger seer and will be posting an army list about it soon, but when i look at it nothing really stands out as amazing, unlike the chaos artifact list, everything is good, but with its draw back, like the mantle of the laughing god, yeah it lets you make a cool outcast autrach to have two awesome ranger leading units, but then they loose independent character and cant join units. i dont know its all good, but right off the bat nothing stands out as great, besides the fire prism, that thing turned into a one man army.

megatrons2nd
05-06-2013, 02:13
Banshee's didn't get a no overwatch against them rule, or a rule that allows them to assault after running, or assault from a vehicle.

I did get better shooting, an easier/cheaper way to get Wraithguard as a troops choice. I got a better Prism cannon. I got better Swooping Hawks, just not the way I wanted, I wanted them to be flying infantry that could assault fliers with their haywire grenades, but what I got is better than what I wanted, overall. I did not get a way to move some units to troops to better fit my ideal Swordwind army, but I can make do with what I have, I'm just a little short in the Troops choices, I can actually take all but 1 Aspect type in an army, and that is a Fast Attack choice, it's just not possible to take all 4 of them below 2000pts.

Overall, I got most of my minor wants, and a couple that I didn't even know I wanted, but didn't get a couple of things I did want.

I did get up to 3300 points in Eldar with a purchase of 3 kits, so can now play any set up of army that I want to.

Starchild
05-06-2013, 03:02
I wanted an option for BS 4 on Eldar vehicles. We already had a taste of that from Phil Kelly's Ulthwé Strike Force army list.

Phil gave us BS 4 on all vehicles as a standard stat. He has no complaints from me! :angel:

Shamana
05-06-2013, 09:19
Hmm, let me think, here are some of mine, big and small:

- I wanted conceal to be updated to give shrouded or stealth - check
- I wanted warlocks to attach to more units, i.e. aspects - nope
- I wanted Eldar to remain one of the armies with the best psychic defense around - nope
- I wanted guardians to get either a shoot+move like what that IG character (Al-Rahim or whatshisname) gives his platoon, and/or longer range to catapults, preferably the latter since vehicles get them too - check on the first, nope on the latter or both.
- I wanted options for more than one platform on guardians - check
- I wanted an option for veteran guardians - check, except that we lost the non-veteran ones :P
- I wanted brightlances and starcannons to become usable, ideally by becomming better- check, though by becoming cheaper
- I wanted most units to not become very cheap and the eldar army to still have a low-ish model count - check
- I wanted to see grenades on more units, especially plasma on storm guardians - check
- I wanted storms and scorpions to be able to purchase haywires - nope.
- I wanted better lasblasters that can also be taken by guardians: check on the first, nope on the latter
- I wanted more powerful D-weapons - check
- I wanted banshees to become more powerful and ideally a bit more versatile (i.e. a shock troop that hits hard all infantry, not just non-termy marines): nope
- I wanted a way to improve the war shout power - er... yes if you take Jain Zar, nope if you take anything else
- I wanted some of the pricier aspects, i.e. reapers and spears to become a bit cheaper and better: check
- I wanted more exotic and anti-daemon stuff on harlequins: nope, except possibly the new old VoTears.
- I wanted some way to mitigate/deny overwatch for our expensive and fragile units (banshees, harlequins): nope
- I wanted an option for BS 4 on vehicles - check
- I wanted more powerful farseers - check
- I wanted farseer traditions that let them act as warlock champions, spiritseers, bonesinger champions etc - eh, sorta via the spiritseer
- I wanted a warrior psyker that has a witchblade and 2+ base attack - er... death mission sort of does that
- I wanted a weaker, but serviceable RoWarding - check on the first part, not on the second part.
- I wanted a way to put 2 wounds on the wraithguard (which likely would have meant T5 and higher price) and range/shots on the gun - nope. Though they are cheap, at least
- I wanted to see special wargear on the autarch that is exarch-level or higher - yes, via remnants
- I wanted to see the option for a vyper used as chariot (nuadhu-style) - nope.
- I wanted to see an assault transport, either with a serpent upgrade or a new vehicle: nope.
- I wanted to see some of the Craftworld HQs like Nuadhu or Iyanna - nope... not yet at least

T10
05-06-2013, 10:11
I wanted the Eldar codex to come out, so I guess I got that.

-T10

Dragannia
05-06-2013, 14:43
I wanted Shadow Spectres, because I think they fulfill a great niche in the Aspects: long range AT power. So no on that. Apart from that I wanted Banshees to be good, which is a definite NO. Apart from that all the other Aspects are looking good, though not too keen on the new Avengers (they're good but their exarch upgrade is mostly redundant, moreso than the old Fire Dragon exarchs). Generally pretty happy. Hoping for Supplement: Biel-Tan to address some Aspect issues.

Loqe
05-06-2013, 15:14
I wanted new interesting units like the rumoured chariots, everguard and exodite dragon riders
I wanted webway gate fortifications
I wanted new farseer powers with diverse applications similar to fortune and doom
I wanted howling banshees not to suck, perhaps getting acrobatics to become "assault out of vehicles"
I wanted exciting new items and exarch powers that allowed me to use old HQ choices and units in ways that hadn't been possible before
I wanted FOC changing shenaniganry via Autarchs/Phoenix Lords making aspects troops

So no I didn't get anything I wanted. This codex is on par with 4ed CSM as the most disappointing codex ever for me. We got wacky random psychic powers and 2 wraithlords taped together for a new unit. The only silver lining is that the codex supplements might fix things, assuming we get more than the Iyanden supplement for Eldar.

Overall it feels like a lazy copy-paste of the old codex, like Kelly was handed a work order saying "update Eldar so that their psychic powers conform to the main rulebook, give rules for the new wraithknight and flyer models, and give them their new mandatory army-wide rule" and that's exactly what he did and no more. It was just a day at the office for him, not an opportunity to rewrite the codex in a new and exciting way.

Bubble Ghost
05-06-2013, 15:36
I called Battle Focus in February 2011. Just sayin'. :angel:

I then changed my mind and thought it would be stupid, of course, so obviously I'm not that clever.

Apart from that, a lot of my wishlist items were anti-wishlisting against other people's wishlists - I didn't want assault Serpents, I didn't want unstoppable ninja Banshees, I didn't want extra range on shuriken catapults, I didn't want Eldar to arbitrarily opt out of the 6th ed psychic system - so in that sense I'm super happy.:D

Poseidal
05-06-2013, 15:48
As for 'wishlisting', it seems the 'Farseer Tax' has been alleviated on most units.

Comparing with my 'fandex', the way Guardian Heavy weapon platforms work is almost the same as how I had it for a while. Some of the psychic powers are very similar (in fact, the new Doom is the same, almost vertabim), and I guessed Fortune would be a two Warp Charge power.

Shamana
05-06-2013, 23:00
I wanted Shadow Spectres, because I think they fulfill a great niche in the Aspects: long range AT power.

That would have been nice, but imo Spectres had a somewhat niche role as the mobile long-range aspect to the reapers' more static role. On the upside, reapers have the option to cover that with what are essentially krak missiles. I'm not sure they are very cost-effective at the job (compared to, say, all devastator-equivalents after C: SM), but the combination of S8 long-range missiles with a way to deny jinx saves is pretty nice against skimmers, and helps solidify their role as a heavy fire support unit.

Minsc
05-06-2013, 23:41
It's quite ironic.
I wished for alot of things for Eldar, and most of it came true.

My biggest wish however was for Howling Banshee's (my favorite aspect) to become viable again... :rolleyes:

Dragannia
06-06-2013, 01:31
That would have been nice, but imo Spectres had a somewhat niche role as the mobile long-range aspect to the reapers' more static role. On the upside, reapers have the option to cover that with what are essentially krak missiles. I'm not sure they are very cost-effective at the job (compared to, say, all devastator-equivalents after C: SM), but the combination of S8 long-range missiles with a way to deny jinx saves is pretty nice against skimmers, and helps solidify their role as a heavy fire support unit.

Well, I don't think they're best for anti-vehicle. Would have been happier if say, they had Skyfire and Flakk missiles and Spectres, if included, could combine for a Prism shot (str 9-10, AP1 lance). Would have split their roles up pretty nicely.

wanderingblade
06-06-2013, 01:32
My wishlisting, such as it was...

Keep open the Farseer and Seer Council option offering psychic defence and a small hardnut unit as allies to Dark Eldar - No and no.
Give Guardians a longer range so they fit how I see them in the fluff - No.
Make Howling Banshees as awesome as I think they are, or even more usable - Gods no.
Exciting new units! Aspect Warriors, Exodite allies, something else - Not really, although that's my taste rather than no attempt at all.
Make Jetbikes even better - I'll take it

So... I pretty much emphatically didn't get what I wanted. But am still getting an Eldar army anyway.

gwarsh41
06-06-2013, 14:34
It's quite ironic.
I wished for alot of things for Eldar, and most of it came true.

My biggest wish however was for Howling Banshee's (my favorite aspect) to become viable again... :rolleyes:

Give it time. Necron Deathmarks were "the worst unit in the game" when the book came out. Now they are the hot cheese of the tabletop. No changes, people just started trying using them.

El_Machinae
06-06-2013, 15:04
I wanted to be able to make the individual Eldar tougher, legally. I guess making the jetbikes cheaper basically did that. To me, Eldar should be kitted out to maximize their odds of surviving a fight.