PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Charge Question

Figment187
05-06-2013, 04:00
When a unit of ogres charge they get impact hits. They also get +1 to the strength for every rank. What I would like to know is do you only get an impact hit from the ogres in the front rank that charge, or from every ogre in the entire unit? We have been playing it that only the ogres in the front rank that hit the charged unit cause impact hits(usually 3). If it's all the ogres in the unit can someone please point me to the ruling on it ( book and page number). Thanks all.

3eland
05-06-2013, 04:07
You get 1 impact hit from each Ogre in base to base contact with the enemy unit (D3 if rolled 10+), the extra Ogres just add to the strength of the hit (+1 Strength per rank).

EDIT: So yes the way you were playing it is right.

bigbiggles
05-06-2013, 05:30
Also note that corner to corner also counts for impacts. So 4 wide can fit against 5 wide 20mm bases

reddevil18
06-06-2013, 03:10
As an ogre player i have always played it as just models in B2B but now that ive seen the question written down wasnt there something about the 2nd rank counting as B2B in the WoC troll FAQ. Not trying to gain another advantage to what in the UK is considered the most powerful army but unless what im thinking of was a change to the troll vomit wording it changes alot in the game.

RejjeN
06-06-2013, 11:59
As an ogre player i have always played it as just models in B2B but now that ive seen the question written down wasnt there something about the 2nd rank counting as B2B in the WoC troll FAQ. Not trying to gain another advantage to what in the UK is considered the most powerful army but unless what im thinking of was a change to the troll vomit wording it changes alot in the game.
Hey, I'll give you your extra 3 impact hits, if it will give my chariots an extra 3d6 S5 impact hits ;)

theunwantedbeing
06-06-2013, 12:22

This is the Warriors of Chaos FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180073a_Warriors_of_Chaos_v1.0_APRIL13.pdf).
It doesn't say anything about the second rank being considered to be in base to base contact.

Artiee
06-06-2013, 12:51
What you are thinking about reddevil18 is the FAQ for last WOC. It changed the Troll Vomit from "in base contact" to "that is able to fight or make a supporting attack".

reddevil18
06-06-2013, 20:00
What you are thinking about reddevil18 is the FAQ for last WOC. It changed the Troll Vomit from "in base contact" to "that is able to fight or make a supporting attack".

Ah thank you, thought it would of been a change to that rule in particular otherwise someone would of pointed it out way before i thought of it :p