PDA

View Full Version : TOMB KING`s 2500 pts for total beginner

Hunter_SWC
07-06-2013, 18:57
Hi
I would like to build 2,5 k Tomb Kings army - just for fun , not much competitive list . Maybe play few game and learn from them . Problem is - i have never played a Warhammer game before :/ I`ve read many battle reports , watch dozens of them but never played . I need YOUR help to check is this list , have any chance and what I can change . Thx for support !

Lords & Heroes

Liche High Priest - lvl4,Earthing Rod
Tomb Prince - gw,dragon helm,talisman of pres
Liche Priest - lvl2,Dispel Scroll

Core

50 x Warriors - music,standard
30 x Archers - music,standard
6 x Chariots - music,standard,BoEF

Special

Warphinx - fiery roar
3 x Sepuchral Stalkers
30 x Tomb Guard - full,halberds,BoU

Rare

Casket
2 x SSC

Round 2480 .Should leave me some points for some magical item`s alteration.
Thx

iamthedarkconjuror
07-06-2013, 20:56
Looks pretty good, actually. You might want to try out a hierotitan. Could drop the LP and some archers to fit him in. Just a thought. You'll also want a champion to take challenges wherever you are slotting the HLP and/or LP in.

SteveW
08-06-2013, 00:42
You need some sort of ward save on the Liche High Priest, hes somewhat important. So id take it from the Tomb Prince seeing as how you've gone over his allowance anyway.

Hunter_SWC
09-06-2013, 11:51
Thx for help .I have come up with this list :

Lords & Heroes

Liche High Priest - lvl4,talisman of pres,dispel
Tomb Prince - gw,dragon helm,shield,enchanted shield,Opal amulet

Core

30 x Archers - full com
5 x Chariots - music,standard,BoEF

Special (865)

Warphinx - fiery roar
3 x Sepuchral Stalkers

Rare

Casket
2 x SSC
Hierotitan

Total - 2496

LHP goes with Archers (should I use - dispel or earthing rod ? or both) . Prince with warriors ( or TG ? ) How should I use Hierotitan ? ( close to LHP ,cast spells ??) Maybe I can drop one CSS and put more units ? ( like 2x20 archers or 1 block of 40 ) or Tomb Scorpion ? 1 chariot back ( up to 6) or different magic items ?

Any help will be a lot appreciated . Cheers

lethlis
09-06-2013, 12:31
Remember hieroglyphics and unit have 6 + Regen hiero you want in a unit that will be able to Los and won't be in combat so ward is not as big a worthwhile investment

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Methios
09-06-2013, 13:11
You cant have both an enchanted shield and a dragon helm.
I usualy go for the GW, armor of fortune, dragonbane gem on prince.

Hunter_SWC
09-06-2013, 13:47
Thx for help

How about now :

Lords & Heroes

Liche High Priest - lvl4,dispel
Tomb Prince - gw,armor of fortune, dragonbane gem

Core

30 x Archers - com,music
5 x Chariots - music,standard,BoEF

Special

Warphinx - fiery roar
3 x Sepuchral Stalkers

Rare

Casket
2 x SSC
Hierotitan

Total - 2459

Should I put more protection on HLP (if yes, then what ) or maybe squizze another Chariot ?
Thx

lethlis
10-06-2013, 12:08
I would get the earthing rod on the hiero. You really don't want a miscast to blow him up. Personally i think your magic phase is going to be a little weak with just the one level 4. But i have not played in awhile so.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

TheSpid
10-06-2013, 12:37
Your list is more or less fine. I'd do some slight modifications, but honestly it's pretty decent and i think it's more important for you to play a bit. Get some battles under your skin and don't swap out anything from your army until you have.

A lvl 4 with both heirotitan and casket is plenty magic.

The only thing you are truly missing is some chaff/redirectors. Small expendable units that can get in the way of your opponent's more dangerous units. 5 horse archers/horsemen and/or 10 archers works well for this.