PDA

View Full Version : Superheroes in 40k!

spaghettyhoop
07-06-2013, 22:49
First off, yes I have had some beer, so this thread seems like a good idea! This topic may end up containing super hero spoilers!

In a crazy crossover universe where the superheroes of our "world" were special characters in 40k what do you think their rules would be? I dont want this to be about balance, or if they would break the game, its just for fun!

Post a superhero and his stats and special rules! Along with justification. I will obviously go first, and since I watched Iron man 3 on Saturday, I will do him!

Iron Man! Jump and Jetpack infantry

Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
4 5 6 6 4 3 3 10 2+

Iron Man mk 42 Armour, Repulsor Rays, Pulse Bolts, Unibeam, Hit and Run, House party protocol

Iron man Mk 42 Armour - Gives a 2+ armour save and relentless
Repulsor rays - Twin linked Str 6 Ap5 Template. In close combat count as a pair of power fists that do not have the unwieldy rule.
Unibeam - Heavy 1, 18 inch range, Str 7 Ap2, Melta
Pulse bolts - Assault 4, str 4 Ap 5. Every 6 Inch range the shot is fired adds +1 to str and -1 to AP, to a maximum range of 30 inch.
House party protocol - The first time Iron man loses his last wound for any reason, roll a d6. If the result is equal to or lower than the game turn, then he is placed within 6 inch of his initial position with full wounds. If this roll is successful, roll a further d6 and consult the table below.

1-2 - Tony Stark has escaped into another suit of Mk 42 or similar armour and retains all abilities as above
3-4 - Tony has escaped into his Hulk buster armour. He loses the Unibeam and pulse bolts wargear, and loses Jump/jetpack. However he is now treat as a monstrous creature and increases his strength and toughness to 7.
5 - 6 - Tony escapes into his mark 3 armour. He reduces his Strength and toughness to 5, but gains the Iron Man missiles. Treat as a cyclone Missile launcher.

They are my rules! Here is the justification!

Stats - Iron man is still just a skilled man in a suit. Ws 4 shows he knows how to fight, but isnt a god at hand to hand. Bs 5 represents his advanced systems for targeting built into the suit. Str and Toughness 6 is simply because he is Iron man, and is extremely strong for a humanoid sized creature. The toughness I think represents the hardness of the suit better than an Inv save. His initiative is 3 because he always gets hit first, hes fast in the air, not in combat. 3 attacks (4 with gauntlets) simply make sense for a hero going by 40k rules. Ld 10 because he is a super hero. I didnt make him fearless as he tends to know when to run away.

Hit and run - Justified by the fact Iron man tends to fight close combat, but jumps back and fires his weapons a lot.
repulsor rays - I think a big strong blast wave that hits things hard but doesn't penetrate armour are best represented by a template. Twin linked because he obviously has 2 hands!
Unibeam - Speaks for itself. His big chest gun that causes massive damage at close range!
Pulse bolts - Best way I could think of to represent his other signature weapon!

His inv save been 6+ is meant to represent him using his repulsor rays to blast attacks out of the way. I know he gets a forcefield in some suits...but thats boring!

The house party special rule is just for fun. I loved it in iron man 3 where he was jumping from suit to suit. And on the tabletop I like the idea that the longer the game goes on the more time his suits have to fly there. The random d6 table is meant to show how he was jumping into random suits and didnt know what was going to happen!

So yeah, that killed 30 mins for me! Id be curious to see what people think other super heroes would be like in 40k, and how they would compare to our current "heroes" of the 41st millenium! :D

Lantern
07-06-2013, 23:10
Green Lantern would be in a large, mech construct. Very large.

Thorin
07-06-2013, 23:18
Thats actually pretty crazy...and darn it, it is cool!
Just a quick question: Marvel only or also DC?
Greetz
Thorin

spaghettyhoop
07-06-2013, 23:32
Anything, doesnt even have to be a super hero! I was just bored as hell looking at Iron man figures on ebay and wondering how hard he would be in 40k! haha.

ChaplainCharlie
07-06-2013, 23:45
Superman=Marneus Calgar, but with jump infantry.

Kakapo42
08-06-2013, 00:25
I actually thought of using Iron Man in apocalypse games. I would have had him as an XV-22 with dual plasma rifles and a one-shot railgun attack (the wrist missile-thing) at a reduced range (so not 72").

Drasanil
08-06-2013, 00:34
Hulk - 500 points, Jump Monstrous Creature.

WS:4 BS:4 S:8 T:8 W:10 I:4 A:d6+1 LD:10

Special Rules: Character, FnP (3+), EW, IWND, Rampage, Rage, Fearless, Hulk Smash, "Iz dat du Emprah dere?"

Hulk Smash: Instead of making his regular attacks Hulk may make a special attack in close combat, centre the ordanance blast on Hulk, every model under it takes a single S4 AP- Concusive hit.

"Iz dat du Emprah dere?": As the biggest, greenest, meanest humie around orks have come to believe that Hulk is the Emperor, all Orkz must issue to and accept challenges from Hulk to prove they are the best, in addition Hulk causes fear in orks. If Hulk is slain while fighting orks he is worth double the usual victory points.

spaghettyhoop
08-06-2013, 00:37
That last hulk rule is brilliant! haha.

aim
08-06-2013, 01:00
Now you hit a snag when you get to Thor or Silver Surfer, since their stat lines would just be;

WS:10 BS:10 S:10 T:10 W:10 I:1 A:1 LD:10 SV 1++

Haha, but yeah, very good idea!

Perth
08-06-2013, 02:09
Ok, I'll bite.

Batman (Beyond) 175 pts

WS 6 BS 5 S 4 T 4 I 6 A 8 W 3 Ld 10 Sv 4+

Weapons: Batarang: S 4 AP 4 Assault 1 18" Ricochet

Retractable claws: S user AP 5 Rending

Rules:

Ricochet: Successful batarang hits allow for a further hit roll, continue until he misses.

Cloaking: Has stealth and shrouded.

Quick Reflexes: 4+ invulnerable save.

Retractable Wings: Jump and Jet Infantry

Bolas: Upon successful charge, reduce target model's initiative to 1 for the rest of the phase.

Fleet, Fearless.

jakka
08-06-2013, 02:41
Matt Ward- 4 Pts
WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv
10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 2++

Special rules

Living God- as a powerful and omnipotent being your opponent must roll a D6 for every unit in his army individual, on any roll of 2 or higher that unit suffers instant death, on a roll of one that unit must reroll until they get a roll higher than one.

Justification- he is Matt Ward, and he is a real life super hero, the Emperor's true name is Matt Ward and all the chaos gods are just Matt Ward whenever he wishes to be bad.

sorry it had to be done.

Kakapo42
08-06-2013, 02:48
Matt Ward- 4 Pts
WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv

Special rules

Living God- as a powerful and omnipotent being your opponent must roll a D6 for every unit in his army individual, on any roll of 2 or higher that unit suffers instant death, on a roll of one that unit must reroll until they get a roll higher than one.

Justification- he is Matt Ward, and he is a real life super hero, the Emperor's true name is Matt Ward and all the chaos gods are just Matt Ward whenever he wishes to be bad.

sorry it had to be done.

I presume this option is Loyalist Marines only? :p

dooms33ker
08-06-2013, 08:05
Here is my (almost sensible) Juggernaut:

300 points

WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv
7 3 10 7 3 7 6 10 2++

Monstrous creature. Eternal Warrior. Hatred. Fearless. Character.

Unstoppable!:

The juggernaut is strength incarnate, and once he's bound on a course, nothing short of an immovable object will hinder his war-path. The juggernaut treats all difficult terrain as open ground, even when charging.

Furthermore, the juggernaut does not need to be at least one inch away from enemy models when he moves. After you have determined where the juggernaut will end his movement, move any enemy models out of the way by the shortest distance possible to make space for the Juggernaut. If the Juggernaut is within 1" of a model from an enemy unit at the beginning of the assault phase, he automatically counts as having charged that unit and no overwatch may be made.

The juggernaut may always move in the movement phase, even if previously engaged in close combat. If he moves out of base to base contact, he no longer counts as being in combat and the engaged unit will be free to move, shoot, etc as normal.

Helmet Crush:

When the Juggernaut charges into battle, he does so with the force of a creature many times his own size. The juggernaut counts as having assault grenades on the turn he charges. Because of the sheer power of his assault, the Juggernaut receives a number of bonus attacks equal to distance in inches he moved during the charge sequence of the assault phase. For example: if rolling a 7 for the charge distance, and subsequently moving 7" to make it into base to base contact with the enemy unit, the Juggernaut will receive an additional 7 attacks.

"My mind is impenetrable!":

If the juggernaut is ever affected by a psychic power, he may make a deny the witch save on a roll of 2+. Should he fail the save, his psychic defenses are broken and he may not make any further deny the witch rolls for the rest of the game.

Hellebore
08-06-2013, 08:23
Hulk - 500 points, Jump Monstrous Creature.

Special Rules: Character, FnP (3+), EW, IWND, Rampage, Rage, Fearless, Hulk Smash, "Iz dat du Emprah dere?"

Hulk Smash: Instead of making his regular attacks Hulk may make a special attack in close combat, centre the ordanance blast on Hulk, every model under it takes a single S4 AP- Concusive hit.

"Iz dat du Emprah dere?": As the biggest, greenest, meanest humie around orks have come to believe that Hulk is the Emperor, all Orkz must issue to and accept challenges from Hulk to prove they are the best, in addition Hulk causes fear in orks. If Hulk is slain while fighting orks he is worth double the usual victory points.

He needs a 'don't make me angry' rule where he gets +1 attack for every wound he takes. Gains +1 Strength when he's at 8 wounds, +2 at 6 and becomes strength D when at 4.

Hellebore

dangerboyjim
08-06-2013, 09:20
Rorschach
WS BS S T W I A Sv
5 4 4 3 2 5 3 -

Fearless, Counter Attack, Furious Charge, Hatred, Rage

Outcast - Rorschach may only join units that already contain the Night Owl, he always deploys by infiltration.

Improvisation - Rorschach is used to fighting a number of enemies at once and can utilise household object and battlefield debris to his advantage, he gains a number of additional attacks equal to the models in base to base combat, his close combat attacks are also rending.

Grappling hook - Rorschach can chose a terrain piece within 18" and in his movement phase move to any part of it (within 18") he chooses. Or use it as a shooting weapon with a R18", S4, AP6, Assault 1 weapon.

I'm not in here with you, you're in here with me! - Rorschach causes Fear.

Never Compromise - If Rorschach is slain, lay him on his side at the beginning of the controlling players side roll a dice, on a 4+ Rorschach get back up, with the preferred enemy (unit that killed him) special rule

If you could get him in something more substantial than a trenchcoat he could be quite useful

Worldeaters
08-06-2013, 10:07
Meh, superheroes suck, chuck Norris is da bomb.
All stats would be 10, special rule : roundhouse kick of doom. After deployment chuck may perform his roundhouse kick of doom, your opponent must put all his mini's away and concede defeat to the master.

spaghettyhoop
08-06-2013, 10:26
I like the juggernaught one. Its a bit like a hellpit abomination from fantasy, but much cooler! Ha

buddy_revell
08-06-2013, 10:30
Wolverine

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 3 4 5 4 3 3 10 5+

special rules;
It Will Not Die (3+)
Shred
Fleet
Stealth
Rage
Eternal Warrior

wargear;
Adamantine Claws; Wolverine's close combat attacks rend on a roll of a 5+, rather than a 6+, in addition, they have the Fleshbane and Armourbane special rules. They only count as a single close combat weapon, and do not confer a bonus attack dice.

Adamantine Skeleton; Wolverine's Saving throw is invulnerable.

Prowler; Wolverine's Stealth special rule can never be taken away by special wargear ie; markerlights, the Reveal psychic power etc. the cover Wolverine is IN may be ignored by these rules, but Wolverine will always have, at worst, a 6+ cover save against ranged attacks. template weapons are not affected by the Prowler special rule

Brawler; on a turn in which Wolverine charges the enemy, Wolverine receives a number of bonus against enemies with a higher initiative, equal to the number of hits they strike against him. Note that these hits do not have to wound, only hit.

Justifications;

the claws have shred, armourbane and fleshbane to represent their sharpness
the stealth rule, for me represents Wolverine stalking about, in that hunched pose. he would, in my opinion make use of as much cover as possible before getting into combat
the brawler rule represents Wolverine's tenacity in combat; that while perhaps being outclassed in a fight, it would simply drive him onwards into a rage.

the stat line represent that while Wolverine is a close combat-orientated fighter, he has no real training. his rage and pugnacity is what carries him onwards. hes not unkillable, but fairly tough. you would have to hit him frequently, rather than rely on, say, a monstrous creature to instant-death him.

BooTMGSG
08-06-2013, 10:45
Green Lantern would be in a large, mech construct. Very large.

He would also be easily defeated by the Imperial Fist.

Coyote81
08-06-2013, 11:12
Iceman 190pts

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 6 4 5 3 5 3 10 2+

Equipment:X-men Outfit, X-Communicator

X-men Outfit: Anyone wearing an X-men Outfit allows all IG infantry units within 12" to reroll morale checks (pass or fail). The men feel protected when these heroes are around, and know to run when told to get out of the area.

X-Communicator: If a model with a X-Communicator joins a unit with another model with a X-communicator, all models with a X-Communicator receive +1 to hit, and +1 to their Invunable saves. When working as a team, they can coordinate their attacks and protect each others backs.

Special Rules: Harder then Ice, Below Zero, Ice from the Air, Freeze Beam, Freezing Rain.

Harder then Ice: Iceman has a 2+ armor save and +1 Toughness. Harder then an Iceberg.

Below Zero: All model in CC with Iceman receive -2I. Iceman receives a 5+ invunerable save in Close combat. Increased to 4+ against ranged attacks. The temperature near him is nigh unbearable at times. Iceman's CC attacks have concussive.

Ice From Air: Iceman is treated as a Jump Infantry Character. In addition he can perform all the movement actions as if he were a jump monstrous creature. Riding on ice, sailing through the air. Fighting for mutants and humanity alike.

Freeze Beam: Ranged Attack, Assault 1, 18" range S8 AP3 Concussive

Freezing Rain: Ranged Attack, Assault 1, Range 18" S5 AP- Large Blast Rending (If a hit is rolled on the scatter, the unit also counts as going through difficult and dangerous terrain next turn. As they make their way through a forest of razor sharp ice shards)

BooTMGSG
08-06-2013, 11:22
Iceman 190pts

X-men Outfit: Anyone wearing an X-men Outfit allows all IG infantry units within 12" to reroll morale checks (pass or fail). The men feel protected when these heroes are around, and know to run when told to get out of the area.

Wouldn't IG infantry feel compelled to shoot him down. His is a Mutant after all.

BigbyWolf
08-06-2013, 11:22
Matt Ward- 4 Pts
WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv

Special rules

sorry it had to be done.

Thank goodness you chose the imposter, Matt Ward...everyone knows that the devine Mat Ward would be too powerful to even consider writing stats for. :):yes:

Verm1s
08-06-2013, 11:38
Pff. Just what 40K needs - more overpowered characters. :p

Lothlanathorian
08-06-2013, 12:16
I like this thread because you can tell who reads comics and who just has a passing knowledge of characters and wanted to be the first to post a stat line for them.

Coyote81
08-06-2013, 12:27
Loving
Wouldn't IG infantry feel compelled to shoot him down. His is a Mutant after all.
The x-men always have their supporters and their haters. The army always end up loving the fact that the x-men saved their butts.

aim
08-06-2013, 13:41
I like this thread because you can tell who reads comics and who just has a passing knowledge of characters and wanted to be the first to post a stat line for them.

Hopefully that's not aimed at me, considering I was off to bed at the time and only posted because I know the OP in rl and its a good idea, hence it being very short :P

buddy_revell
08-06-2013, 13:47
maybe you should write in your diary about that. seems like an important issue.

stainawarjar
08-06-2013, 16:15
maybe you should write in your diary about that. seems like an important issue.

Haha, what the hell man? :D

jakka
08-06-2013, 18:59
Thank goodness you chose the imposter, Matt Ward...everyone knows that the devine Mat Ward would be too powerful to even consider writing stats for. :):yes:

of course, should i write the real Mat Ward stats the world would be ripped asunder by the massive amount of awesomeness, this poor sap only gets such amazing stats by having a name close to the real thing.

Lothlanathorian
08-06-2013, 20:28
of course, should i write the real Mat Ward stats the world would be ripped asunder by the massive amount of awesomeness, this poor sap only gets such amazing stats by having a name close to the real thing.

:D:yes:*

*closet thing we have to a 'like' button :shifty:

Hengist
08-06-2013, 22:05
Dogwelder

WS3...BS...S...T...I...A...W...Ld...Sv
..3......3....3...3...3...1....1....7....6+

Wargear:
Welding Mask (counts as flak armour)
Welding Torch (Str 4, Ap 6)

Special Rules:
Aaargh! He's Welding a ####### Dog to My Face!: if Dogwelder inflicts an unsaved wound in hand-to-hand combat, he immediately inflicts Terror on all enemy models with a radius of 12". He has, after all, just welded a dog to somebody's ####### face, which is quite unnerving.

(From the pages of Garth Ennis' vastly amusing DC series, Hitman.)

Drasanil
08-06-2013, 22:12
He needs a 'don't make me angry' rule where he gets +1 attack for every wound he takes. Gains +1 Strength when he's at 8 wounds, +2 at 6 and becomes strength D when at 4.

Hellebore

I should have also put in "Hulk is strongest there is!" If Hulk is engaged in close combat against a unit with a higher strength value then him, immediately raise Hulk's strength so that it is 1 point higher than his opponents. If his opponent is Strength 10, he becomes Strength D.

dangerboyjim
08-06-2013, 22:48
Let's not forget supervillains:

The Joker

WS BS S T I W A LD Sv
4 3 3 3 3 2 2 10 3++

Armed with autopistol and handshake buzzer, counts as close combat weapon.

Fearless, Preferred enemy (Batman), Hit and Run.

Prankster - At each turn in the joker's shooting phase. Randomly determine 3 units (friend or foe) within 18" They are subject to the Jokers pranks. One of them is subject to an explosive blast each model is hit by a s4 hit, one is subject to dose of smilex gas which his a poisoned (2+) hit, the other disappear briefly in a shower of glitter and confetti but otherwise unharmed, randomly determine which that unit is pinned and blind.

The last laugh - When joker dies place the large blast template over him, every model is hit with a s4 hit. Do the same for an objective marker of the owner players choice.

The joke's on you - The Joker is an insane genius of destruction, he meticulously plans for every eventuality or possibly is just really lucky. He has a 3+ invulnerable save, and very every save he makes the unit that caused the wound is automatically hit with the weapon that caused the wound, this applies to shooting and close combat attacks. Any unit engaged in close combat when the Joker makes a hit and run move is pinned, as they are left dealing with a cloud of toxic smoke, a giant lethal jack in the box or a suddenly avalanche of chattering joke teeth.

A bit of a giggle.

Menthak
08-06-2013, 23:30
First off, yes I have had some beer, so this thread seems like a good idea! This topic may end up containing super hero spoilers!

In a crazy crossover universe where the superheroes of our "world" were special characters in 40k what do you think their rules would be? I dont want this to be about balance, or if they would break the game, its just for fun!

Post a superhero and his stats and special rules! Along with justification. I will obviously go first, and since I watched Iron man 3 on Saturday, I will do him!

Iron Man! Jump and Jetpack infantry

Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Sv
4 5 6 6 4 3 3 10 2+

Iron Man mk 42 Armour, Repulsor Rays, Pulse Bolts, Unibeam, Hit and Run, House party protocol

Iron man Mk 42 Armour - Gives a 2+ armour save and relentless
Repulsor rays - Twin linked Str 6 Ap5 Template. In close combat count as a pair of power fists that do not have the unwieldy rule.
Unibeam - Heavy 1, 18 inch range, Str 7 Ap2, Melta
Pulse bolts - Assault 4, str 4 Ap 5. Every 6 Inch range the shot is fired adds +1 to str and -1 to AP, to a maximum range of 30 inch.
House party protocol - The first time Iron man loses his last wound for any reason, roll a d6. If the result is equal to or lower than the game turn, then he is placed within 6 inch of his initial position with full wounds. If this roll is successful, roll a further d6 and consult the table below.

1-2 - Tony Stark has escaped into another suit of Mk 42 or similar armour and retains all abilities as above
3-4 - Tony has escaped into his Hulk buster armour. He loses the Unibeam and pulse bolts wargear, and loses Jump/jetpack. However he is now treat as a monstrous creature and increases his strength and toughness to 7.
5 - 6 - Tony escapes into his mark 3 armour. He reduces his Strength and toughness to 5, but gains the Iron Man missiles. Treat as a cyclone Missile launcher.

They are my rules! Here is the justification!

Stats - Iron man is still just a skilled man in a suit. Ws 4 shows he knows how to fight, but isnt a god at hand to hand. Bs 5 represents his advanced systems for targeting built into the suit. Str and Toughness 6 is simply because he is Iron man, and is extremely strong for a humanoid sized creature. The toughness I think represents the hardness of the suit better than an Inv save. His initiative is 3 because he always gets hit first, hes fast in the air, not in combat. 3 attacks (4 with gauntlets) simply make sense for a hero going by 40k rules. Ld 10 because he is a super hero. I didnt make him fearless as he tends to know when to run away.

Hit and run - Justified by the fact Iron man tends to fight close combat, but jumps back and fires his weapons a lot.
repulsor rays - I think a big strong blast wave that hits things hard but doesn't penetrate armour are best represented by a template. Twin linked because he obviously has 2 hands!
Unibeam - Speaks for itself. His big chest gun that causes massive damage at close range!
Pulse bolts - Best way I could think of to represent his other signature weapon!

His inv save been 6+ is meant to represent him using his repulsor rays to blast attacks out of the way. I know he gets a forcefield in some suits...but thats boring!

The house party special rule is just for fun. I loved it in iron man 3 where he was jumping from suit to suit. And on the tabletop I like the idea that the longer the game goes on the more time his suits have to fly there. The random d6 table is meant to show how he was jumping into random suits and didnt know what was going to happen!

So yeah, that killed 30 mins for me! Id be curious to see what people think other super heroes would be like in 40k, and how they would compare to our current "heroes" of the 41st millenium! :D

Sure, I'm absolutely certain that Iron mans suit makes him much stronger and tougher than a space marine.

QUOTE=Drasanil;6802010]Hulk - 500 points, Jump Monstrous Creature.

"Iz dat du Emprah dere?": As the biggest, greenest, meanest humie around orks have come to believe that Hulk is the Emperor, all Orkz must issue to and accept challenges from Hulk to prove they are the best, in addition Hulk causes fear in orks. If Hulk is slain while fighting orks he is worth double the usual victory points.[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm sure the Hulk is much stronger and tougher than a Carnifex. Also braver and more skilled at arms than a space marine.

Wolverine

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 3 4 5 4 3 3 10 5+

special rules;
It Will Not Die (3+)
Shred
Fleet
Stealth
Rage
Eternal Warrior

wargear;
Adamantine Claws; Wolverine's close combat attacks rend on a roll of a 5+, rather than a 6+, in addition, they have the Fleshbane and Armourbane special rules. They only count as a single close combat weapon, and do not confer a bonus attack dice.

Adamantine Skeleton; Wolverine's Saving throw is invulnerable.

Prowler; Wolverine's Stealth special rule can never be taken away by special wargear ie; markerlights, the Reveal psychic power etc. the cover Wolverine is IN may be ignored by these rules, but Wolverine will always have, at worst, a 6+ cover save against ranged attacks. template weapons are not affected by the Prowler special rule

Brawler; on a turn in which Wolverine charges the enemy, Wolverine receives a number of bonus against enemies with a higher initiative, equal to the number of hits they strike against him. Note that these hits do not have to wound, only hit.

Justifications;

the claws have shred, armourbane and fleshbane to represent their sharpness
the stealth rule, for me represents Wolverine stalking about, in that hunched pose. he would, in my opinion make use of as much cover as possible before getting into combat
the brawler rule represents Wolverine's tenacity in combat; that while perhaps being outclassed in a fight, it would simply drive him onwards into a rage.

the stat line represent that while Wolverine is a close combat-orientated fighter, he has no real training. his rage and pugnacity is what carries him onwards. hes not unkillable, but fairly tough. you would have to hit him frequently, rather than rely on, say, a monstrous creature to instant-death him.

Yet again, tougher than space marines, with better claws and better armour (despite only having an skeleton of adamantium, rather than an armour of adamantium (alongside black carapace and everything else)

Plus more attacks than Kharn.

Ok, I'll bite.

Batman (Beyond) 175 pts

WS 6 BS 5 S 4 T 4 I 6 A 8 W 3 Ld 10 Sv 4+

Weapons: Batarang: S 4 AP 4 Assault 1 18" Ricochet

Retractable claws: S user AP 5 Rending

Rules:

Ricochet: Successful batarang hits allow for a further hit roll, continue until he misses.

Cloaking: Has stealth and shrouded.

Quick Reflexes: 4+ invulnerable save.

Retractable Wings: Jump and Jet Infantry

Bolas: Upon successful charge, reduce target model's initiative to 1 for the rest of the phase.

Fleet, Fearless.

Probably the most realistic, but still, tough and as strong as a space marine.

Look, IMHO super heroes are absolute rubbish, 40k still has 'super heroes' so why would you cram the crap from other universes into it?

Kakapo42
09-06-2013, 03:49
Look, IMHO super heroes are absolute rubbish, 40k still has 'super heroes' so why would you cram the crap from other universes into it?

I think this is more just a fun exercise to see what stats for super heroes might be like, rather than any serious initiative to include them.

Anyway, something I've been tinkering with.

V

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
6 4 3 3 3 9 3 10 5+

Equipment:

Knives (counts as two close combat weapons), tear gas grenades (counts as having assault, defensive and blind grenades).

Special rules: Hit and run, stealth, infiltrate, knife throw, explosive device, faceless, ideas are bulletproof!

Knife throw: During the shooting phase V may throw a knife at a single enemy, counting as a strength 3 AP 6 rending shooting attack with a 12" range.

Explosive device: Before deployment, secretly nominate one (and only one) terrain feature or objective not in the enemy's deployment zone. This terrain feature or objective has had powerful explosives wired to it, ready to be detonated on command. Once per game, you may choose to detonate the feature or objective. When doing so, place the large blast marker over the feature, any models (friend or foe) caught under it are hit by a strength 10 AP 2 attack. If a terrain feature was wired, it is then removed afterwards.

Faceless: Should a shooting attack successfully hit V, roll a D6. On a 1-5 it is the real V, resolve the attack as normal. On a 6, it is in fact a cleverly disguised decoy. The model is removed and a randomly determined character (friend or foe) is replaced with V. This may not be an independent character. If replacing an enemy character, V counts as having successfully charged the unit.

Ideas are bulletproof!: V has a 4+ invulnerable save. In addition, should V be reduced to 0 wounds, place the model on it's side and roll a D6. On a 3+, V is revived with 1 wound and no longer has an invulnerable save.

I get the feeling that someone will rip this to shreds shortly, but it's a start if nothing else.

Drasanil
09-06-2013, 04:21
Again, I'm sure the Hulk is much stronger and tougher than a Carnifex. Also braver and more skilled at arms than a space marine.

Pretty much yes on both counts.

Lmao. Sounds more like you're getting prissy over the fact people aren't giving Space Marines enough deference.

bittick
09-06-2013, 04:34
Superheroes are better than genetically engineered soldiers. It's just the way it is. Wolverine was able to slaughter The Brood, I don't see why he couldn't do the same to Tyranids. And Marvel's Adamantium is certainly different than 40K's Adamantium.

Characters like the Silver Surfer are just really beyond the scale of 40K. The guy can fly through a star, cross the galaxy in minutes, and blow up planets if he has to. You really can't hurt him with a chainsword.

But... just for fun, a toned down version of the Man of Steel. I'm still a little bit 6th edition illiterate, so I might get a few of the rules wrong.

Superman
1000 pts

WS 8 BS 8 (reasoning - he has superspeed, and I've never ever ever seen him miss)
Str 10 T 8 (these are kept artificially low to make him kinda fit in 40K)
W 8 I 8 A 6 Ld 10 (also keeping it low to make it kinda playable)
Sv 2+ 3++

Character, Fearless, Eternal Warrior
Warlord Trait - Inspiring Presence (24")

Special rules:

"Look! Up in the sky!": 36" jump pack, Deep Strike

"Faster than a speeding bullet!": Hit and Run, Ignores Difficult and Dangerous Terrain, Fleet, Outflank

"Super-senses": Night Vision, all successful hits (ranged and HTH) are Precision Shots

"Heat Vision": 48" Str 8 AP 1 assault 1 melta, Interceptor, Skyfire

"Super-Breath": Template Str 6 AP 4 assault 1, Strikedown

"More powerful than a locomotive": Monstrous Creature, Superman may also use a no range Lifta-Droppa in HTH (see Ork Stompa)

"Vulnerable to Kryptonite": Would lose his Invulnerable Save and the above special rules if you had Kryptonite. If only you had it.

"Code against killing": Humanoids 'killed' in combat with Superman are actually only knocked unconscious, tied up with a steel girder, or are otherwise incapacitated. No blood for the blood god. Tyranids and Necrons are not so lucky.

Kakapo42
09-06-2013, 04:43
Characters like the Silver Surfer are just really beyond the scale of 40K. The guy can fly through a star, cross the galaxy in minutes, and blow up planets if he has to. You really can't hurt him with a chainsword.

So the Silver Surfer is a C'tan? :p

bittick
09-06-2013, 04:47
Sure, I'm absolutely certain that Iron mans suit makes him much stronger and tougher than a space marine.

So am I. Space Marines have super-strength in the sense that they can flip over a car.

Here's Iron Man holding up a toppling skyscraper, and then towing 5 battleships out to sea.

And here's the Hulk holding up a mountain.

Drasanil
09-06-2013, 04:47
Eheh, @ bittick, you forgot one rule.

"Dang, we got Smallville Superman: At the start of the battle roll a D6, on 4+ everything is fine, on a 3 or less terrible writing and poorly thought out plots have struck! Somehow for, no particular reason, every enemy of even remote significance has a chunk of kryptonite on their person. All enemy characters and monstrous creatures have Kryptonite."

bittick
09-06-2013, 04:59
So the Silver Surfer is a C'tan? :p

Probably the best way to describe him. :)

Lothlanathorian
09-06-2013, 06:09
Probably the best way to describe him. :)

About the best way. Humorously enough, when the 5th Ed Necron codex came out, I toyed with the thought of building a small force and using a Silver Surfer action figure or HeroClix model as a C'tan :D

Freman Bloodglaive
09-06-2013, 08:01
Shadowcat, Kitty Pryde

WS 5 (ninja trained by Ogun and Wolverine)
BS 4
S 3
T 3
W 2
I 5
A 3
Sv 2+

Power, phasing. Weapons and attacks pass straight through her, her saving throw is invulnerable. Her close combat attacks ignore saves as she phases straight through armour and shields. She ignores all terrain when moving, and can walk through the air allowing her to move up levels in buildings without rolling.

Whilst she's hard to kill she can't really do a lot of damage.

Anyone have a rocket they need phased through a planet?

Dr Manhattan
WS 10
BS 10
S 10
T 10
W 10
I 10
A 10
Ld 10
Sv 2+

I don't care: although Dr Manhattan has the power of a god, he is completely indifferent to the human condition. At the start of each game turn roll a dice, on a 2+ he simply can't be bothered and will simply stand there.

Beam of annihilation: when Dr Manhattan can be bothered he is among the most powerful beings in existence. Each turn that Dr Manhattan can be bothered pick a unit, vehicle or piece of terrain (including buildings). They simply cease to exist as Dr Manhattan wills them to dust.

Harwammer
09-06-2013, 08:38
Deadpool.

Ws Bs s t w i a Ld Sv
4, 4, 3,3,5,4,2,5, 6++

Eternal Warrior, Feel No Pain, It Will Not Die 2+, NOT Independant Character, Move Through Cover,

autopistol
Master crafted close combat weapon (pair)

Where Does he Get Them From?
If Deadpool can pass a leadership test at the start of his shooting phase he may roll a d66 (that is 1 d6 for the 'tens' and a second d6 for the units). For a roll of 1-49 he gets a weapon from the Ranged Weapons of the 41st millenium section of the corresponding number (1=autopistol, 2= autogun, etc 49= sniper rifle) for that shooting phase only. Rolls of 50-66 are wasted.

bittick
09-06-2013, 13:25
When Kitty Pryde phases through electronics, it malfunctions and shorts out. She should have some way to attack vehicles.

Angry SisterOfBattle Nerd
09-06-2013, 22:38
Spaceman Spiff :

WS 3
BS 3
S 3
T 3
W 2
I 3
A 3
Ld 10
Svg 6+

Death ray :
24", wound/pen on 4+, PA 1d6

Fearless, Independent character,
It's all fiction : at the start of any turn, you can take a leadership test to wake up. If Spiff ever dies, you automatically wake up. When you wake up, you and your opponent can start packing up your model : you are actually at the blackboard and your opponent is asking you some simple math or history question !

Menthak
10-06-2013, 01:03
So am I. Space Marines have super-strength in the sense that they can flip over a car.

Here's Iron Man holding up a toppling skyscraper, and then towing 5 battleships out to sea.

And here's the Hulk holding up a mountain.

^ This is everything I despise about comics, it's completely unrealistic. I know what you're thinking, but I mean it's 100% insane, what's the point having a character so overpowered that enemies are pointless

Soldado
10-06-2013, 01:27
LoBo
character (monstruous creature)

WS7 BS6 S6 T7 W4 I5 A5 Ld 10

Wargear: Jetbike, hitech twinlinked bolter (assault 8, rending), chain & hook (ranged: 12" S user, assault 1, sniper, rending: if hit pull the model in base contact with Bo and and roll to wound as normal. Bo counts as having charged; can be fired in addition to its TL bolter. CCW S user, shred, AP 4)

Special Rules: Zealot, EW, Counter-attack, Rampage, IWND 4+, FnP, FC, fear, skilled rider, scout, hit & run, smash, "crazed" (as per chaos dreadnought rule)

n_n

Angry SisterOfBattle Nerd
10-06-2013, 01:37
what's the point having a character so overpowered that enemies are pointless
Problem : Hero is overpowered.
Solution : Make enemy overpowered too !
I think the real problem is having characters like, say, the Punisher “sharing” the same universe as, say, Galactus. That, and having brands instead of fleshed-out characters, and “continuity” instead of real, well thought-out stories with relevance and internal consistency.
But that's a result of how the comic industry evolved in the US. French/Belgian bande dessinée and Japanese manga don't have this kind of things (edit : I meant brand instead of characters, common universe for very different and unrelated characters and this continuity stuff, because Japanese manga especially have quite a fair share of overpowered characters !). I think it's in bande-dessiné that the artists have the more control over the story, which has obvious advantages, but also the default that, well, it means way less money in the industry, so fewer production, more expensive books, fewer promotion…

unwanted
10-06-2013, 01:39
^ This is everything I despise about comics, it's completely unrealistic. I know what you're thinking, but I mean it's 100% insane, what's the point having a character so overpowered that enemies are pointless

...really?

I seriously think you've missed that the entire point here is to have a little fun with thinking up rules for characters from other settings (kudos on all the downright hilarious special rules, people!). Put bluntly, if you don't like comic-book heroes, don't read the thread. As it is, you're not adding anything to the conversation, merely venting your personal distaste for a specific genre.

bittick
10-06-2013, 02:26

The enemies are generally that powerful too. It's a power fantasy, after all. It's not supposed to be realistic.

I don't like anime, but I will concede that Space Ninja Robot 5000 can use his Atomic Chop or something to vaporize an Imperator Titan. It's all about being true to the source material. Yeah, Space Marines are really really not going to be a problem for Iron Man.

Drasanil
10-06-2013, 03:29

Kaldor Draigo.

--- --- ---

Any ways, super villains tend to be as equally overpowered as their hero counter parts, meaning enemies aren't 'pointless'. If you don't like comics fair game, but why do you keep budding in with nothing relevant to say? The 'point' you just made is much more easily levelled at 40k and marine pr0n than it is at comic books. At least villains in those generally tend to have a chance at winning, even if they rarely do, as opposed to Marines roflstomping their way through everything even when they loose.

Kakapo42
10-06-2013, 04:32
I seriously think you've missed that the entire point here is to have a little fun with thinking up rules for characters from other settings (kudos on all the downright hilarious special rules, people!). Put bluntly, if you don't like comic-book heroes, don't read the thread. As it is, you're not adding anything to the conversation, merely venting your personal distaste for a specific genre.

Well, if it's other settings, then I had been working on these guys. They have featured in comics before, I guess they count.

Optimus Prime

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 5 6 8 6 4 4 10 2+

Type: Monsterous Creature

Equpment: Power axe, energy pistol (Range 50", str8 AP 1 assault2/heavy4)

Special rules: Preferred Enemy (Decepticons) Transformer (transport), More than meets the eye, skilled shot

Transformer: Before deployment, choose one unit in your army's codex of the type specified in brackets. This is the transformer's alternate mode for the game. At the start of any player turn you may elect to transform the transformer. The model is removed and replaced with one of the appropriate alternate mode, and follows all it's rules until transformed back into robot mode. Note that a transformer can be deployed on the table in vehicle mode.

More than meets they eye: When in alternate mode all of the unit's weapons have +2 strength and -2 AP, to a maximum of 10 and 1 respectively. Additionally, if the alternate mode is a vehicle, it receives +2 AV on all facings (to a maximum of 14) and an extra hull point.

Skilled shot: Due to powerful optic sensors and an adept aim, Optimus makes all precision shots on a 5+, rather than the usual 6.

Megatron

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 5 7 8 6 7 5 10 2+

Type: Monsterous Creature

Equipment: arm cannon (range 48" strenth 10 AP 1 large blast)

Special rules: Preferred enemy (Autobots), transform to gun, we attack at sundown!

Transform to gun: Instead of transforming into a vehicle or large creature, Megatron's alternate mode is a simple pistol. If Megatron is within 6" of a friendly character, he may transform into a gun, falling into the character's hands. Nominate the character to receive him. Megatron is then removed and the character gains a 48" strength D AP1 shooting attack. Additionally, the combination of Megatron's and the character's aiming means that any precision shots with this attack hit on a 4+.

We attack at sundown!: Any scenario with Megatron present always has the Dusk and Dawn special rule.

Starscream

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
4 4 6 6 6 5 3 9 2+

Type: Monsterous creature

Equipment: two launchers (cluster bomb: 48", strength 5 AP 4 large blast, ignores cover Null ray: 48" strength X Ap1 haywire). Note that these are not twin-linked and fire separately.

Special rules: Transformer (flier), More than meets the eye, Seeker, Backstabber

Seeker: As the Decepticon's air commander and leader of the seekers, Starscream is adept at engaging enemy fliers. In any shooting phase he may choose to count his weapons as skyfire.

Backstabber: Starscream is constantly seeking leadership and power. Should the army's warlord suffer an unsaved wound, Starscream must take a leadership check, with a negative LD modifier of 1 for every unsaved wound inflicted. If failed, Starscream automatically makes a shooting attack on the warlord in a bid to seize power for himself. Should the army warlord be slain, Starscream will make an automatic shooting attack against the nearest friendly independent character to secure his authority as the new leader.

bittick
10-06-2013, 05:02
Backstabber: Starscream is constantly seeking leadership and power. Should the army's warlord suffer an unsaved wound, Starscream must take a leadership check, with a negative LD modifier of 1 for every unsaved wound inflicted. If failed, Starscream automatically makes a shooting attack on the warlord in a bid to seize power for himself. Should the army warlord be slain, Starscream will make an automatic shooting attack against the nearest friendly independent character to secure his authority as the new leader.

I love this. :D

Spell_of_Destruction
10-06-2013, 06:11
Matt Ward- 4 Pts
WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv

Special rules

sorry it had to be done.

LOL, I feel inclined to expand upon this.

Special rule: Your Fluff is Mine!
At the beginning of his movement phase, the player who controls Matt Ward may nominate a single model, friend or foe. The player may rewrite the model's fluff and rules as he sees fit.
Every time this rule is used, the opposing player generates 2D6 nerd rage counters. At the beginning of every turn, make a reserves roll for the nerd rage counters as if they are a unit. If the reserves roll is passed, convert each nerd rage counter into a single Ward Hater. The Ward Haters form a single unit that enters the table from reserves as normal. Each Ward Hater has the two profiles shown below:-

WS1 BS1 S2 T2 W1 I2 A1 Ld4
WS8 BS8 S8 T8 W8 I8 A8 Ld10

Unit Type: Infantry

Weapons: Nerd phlegm (any unit that moves to within 2" of the Ward Hater unit suffers D6 S1 AP- hits per Ward Hater. This represents the constant stream of spit and obscenities streaming from the mouths of the Ward Haters)

Special Rules: Nerd Rage
So long as Matt Ward remains on the table, the Ward Haters have the Fleet, Rage, Feel no Pain, Rending and Fearless special rules. The Ward Haters must always move towards Matt Ward in the movement phase, taking the most direct possible route and ignoring any terrain. The Ward Haters start with the first profile detailed above changing to the second profile if they successfully assault Matt Ward. If Matt Ward is killed by the Ward Haters they are also removed from play - they spend the rest of the game chewing over his remains and play no further part in the battle.

dooms33ker
10-06-2013, 07:26
Mat Ward has a 2++ "Ward" save, re-rollable of course.

Freman Bloodglaive
10-06-2013, 08:11
When Kitty Pryde phases through electronics, it malfunctions and shorts out. She should have some way to attack vehicles.

Good point. She counts as having haywire grenades.

I forgot Dr Manhattan's excessive nudity. Every male unit within six inches of Dr Manhattan suffers a -5 penalty to their leadership due to... envy issues. This penalty does not apply to female, or non-human units.

BigbyWolf
10-06-2013, 08:43
LOL, I feel inclined to expand upon this.

Special rule: Your Fluff is Mine!
At the beginning of his movement phase, the player who controls Matt Ward may nominate a single model, friend or foe. The player may rewrite the model's fluff and rules as he sees fit.
Every time this rule is used, the opposing player generates 2D6 nerd rage counters. At the beginning of every turn, make a reserves roll for the nerd rage counters as if they are a unit. If the reserves roll is passed, convert each nerd rage counter into a single Ward Hater. The Ward Haters form a single unit that enters the table from reserves as normal. Each Ward Hater has the two profiles shown below:-

WS1 BS1 S2 T2 W1 I2 A1 Ld4
WS8 BS8 S8 T8 W8 I8 A8 Ld10

Unit Type: Infantry

Weapons: Nerd phlegm (any unit that moves to within 2" of the Ward Hater unit suffers D6 S1 AP- hits per Ward Hater. This represents the constant stream of spit and obscenities streaming from the mouths of the Ward Haters)

Special Rules: Nerd Rage
So long as Matt Ward remains on the table, the Ward Haters have the Fleet, Rage, Feel no Pain, Rending and Fearless special rules. The Ward Haters must always move towards Matt Ward in the movement phase, taking the most direct possible route and ignoring any terrain. The Ward Haters start with the first profile detailed above changing to the second profile if they successfully assault Matt Ward. If Matt Ward is killed by the Ward Haters they are also removed from play - they spend the rest of the game chewing over his remains and play no further part in the battle.

Rumour has it, if you remove Matt Ward's face, it's really Jervis Johnson underneath, using his influence to turn the world against the loveable rogue that is Mat Ward.:yes:

Luckily we're all too smart to be fooled by an imposter using an extra "t", aren't we? :shifty:

Mat Ward has a 2++ "Ward" save, re-rollable of course.

*salutes*

Also, don't forget that as the true Ward, he also adds +1 to his Ward save, and a roll of a "1" is not an automatic failure.

HereComesTomorrow
10-06-2013, 08:59
Batman is S4?
He's just a Guardsman in a suit with better training.

Anywho:

Cyclops:

140pts

WS4 BS6 S3 T3 W2 I4 A2 Ld10

Wargear:
Eye beams:
Focussed: 36" S6 AP-

Special Rules:
Full Power: Once per game Cyclops can remove his visor to unleash his full power. This attack hits all models in his front 90 degree arc at S10 AP-. Cover saves can be taken against this attack.

Ricochet: Cyclop can bounce his eye beams from different surfaces, his basic eye beam attacks Ignore Cover, always use the rear AV of vehicles and can hit models out of his LoS.

Born leader: units within 12" of Cyclop can use his Ld, he can also choose his Warlord trait. Wolverine can use Cyclops' Ld but never benefit from his Warlord trait.

Justification:

Stat: he just a guy with eye beams. He's a skilled hand to hand fighter and very skilled shooter however. He's also been a leader most of his adult life.

Rules: his beams are concussive force, so no cutting power, hence AP-. He's also very skilled at bouncing his eye beams around to the point where he's a mathematical genius.

Also, for fun:

Dark Phoenix:
3000pts
When this model is deployed, the game automatically ends in a draw, with all of both players models destroyed as the world is wiped clean.

And it's not a comic but:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan:
5000pts
Auto-win due to awesome. Also for being the size of a galaxy.

Lothlanathorian
10-06-2013, 09:40
Did someone call for the Mat Ward Defence League?! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?316731-The-Mat-Ward-Defence-League!)

He's also very skilled at bouncing his eye beams around to the point where he's a mathematical genius.

It's actually one of his 'mutant abilities'. He has superior spatial awareness and instinctively knows where and how to shoot/throw things to hit his target. If you've watched Alphas, he's like the one guy (Hicks) from that show. Only with a face-laser.

Love the Dark Phoenix rules.

BigbyWolf
10-06-2013, 09:57
Did someone call for the Mat Ward Defence League?! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?316731-The-Mat-Ward-Defence-League!)

Wheresoever the name of the Hallowed be taken in vain, we shall be there to shield Him.
Should someone utter His name incorrectly, we shall be there to pedantically point out the error.
Should someone spam drivel about Him and otherwise lead discussions off-topic, we shall be there to spam right back.

In His name we do serve.

However, I see no credentials, how do I know you are a Brother? :shifty:

Ricochet: Cyclop can bounce his eye beams from different surfaces, his basic eye beam attacks Ignore Cover, always use the rear AV of vehicles and can hit models out of his LoS.

I'm not sure on this, it should be a bit more situational. I don't think he can bounce them off everything.

Lothlanathorian
10-06-2013, 12:02
Wheresoever the name of the Hallowed be taken in vain, we shall be there to shield Him.
Should someone utter His name incorrectly, we shall be there to pedantically point out the error.
Should someone spam drivel about Him and otherwise lead discussions off-topic, we shall be there to spam right back.

In His name we do serve.

However, I see no credentials, how do I know you are a Brother? :shifty:

Don't even pull that stunt, mister :mad:

I'm not sure on this, it should be a bit more situational. I don't think he can bounce them off everything.

Either you are attempting to goad my pedantry or you are implying that there may not be enough reflective surfaces on the battlefield.

BigbyWolf
10-06-2013, 13:59
Either you are attempting to goad my pedantry or you are implying that there may not be enough reflective surfaces on the battlefield.

I'm implying that there may not be enough reflective surfaces on the battlefield. I can't see him being able to reflect much in the middle of a jungle.

bittick
10-06-2013, 14:13
Every one of these guys should have at least 3 wounds. They are main characters. Cyclops is certainly of more importance to the plot than a generic Chaplain. I'd say his optic blast is just about Demolisher Cannon level of power. I've seen him use it to tunnel through rock at a dead run. Can't do that with Str 6 AP -.

And I'd put Batman around Imperial Assassin stats (but with 3 wounds). He's Batman. :)

Denny
10-06-2013, 14:13
Dogwelder

Awesome.

How about adding some rules for the rest of Section 8?
Bueno Excellente could have some . . . interesting . . . special rules. :angel:

HereComesTomorrow
10-06-2013, 18:42
Every one of these guys should have at least 3 wounds. They are main characters. Cyclops is certainly of more importance to the plot than a generic Chaplain. I'd say his optic blast is just about Demolisher Cannon level of power. I've seen him use it to tunnel through rock at a dead run. Can't do that with Str 6 AP -.

And I'd put Batman around Imperial Assassin stats (but with 3 wounds). He's Batman. :)

Most of them are still just human though, with no invulnerability rating. Cyclops may be X-leader of the X-Men but he not got any sort of enhanced resistance to injury like, say, Spider-Man would. Speaking of which:

Spider-Man:
Jump Infantry
210pts
WS5 BS4 S6 T5 W3 I8 A4

Wargear:
Web shooters
Spider Tracers

Special Rules: Move Through Cover, Armorbane, Fleet, Fearless, Scout, Deep Strike, Hit And Run, Independant Character, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Spider Senses, Annoying Insect!, Great Responsibility, Wall Crawling Menace, Holding Back

Web Shooter - Counts as offensive and defensive grenades. If used as a shooting attack, models must a S test. If they fail, the model is reduced to I1 and is hit automaticall in close combat until Spider-Man's next Shooting Phase

Spider Tracers - After Deployment, nominate an enemy character. Spider-Man can ignore restriction for Scouting distance if deploying and does not scatter when Deep Striking within 6" of that character.

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man - Spider-Man gains Shrouded and Stealth while in Cover. Spider-Man must always accept challenges.

Spider Senses - 4+ Inv vs Ranged Attacks, 3+ Inv in Close Combat

Annoying Insect! - In a challenge, enemies are at -1 To Hit, as Spidey taunts them and reminds that spiders are arachnids.

Great Responsibility - Spider-Man never kills. As such, any unit destroyed or broken by Spider-Man do not count towards victory points. However, for each challenge Spider-Man wins, each unit he subsequently fights in close combat will be at -1Ld. Also, Spider-Man may never attempt a Look Out Sir!

Wall Crawling Menace - Spider-Man is the victim of bad press within the Imperium, as such any unit he joins must take a Ld test. If they fail, Spider-Man must immediately move 6" away towards the nearest cover.

Holding Back - Spider-Man always holds back most of his strength against opponents but knows when and how much strength to apply to an opponent to disable them, to represent this, his opponent must always use his lowest Armor save value, however this does not mean Spider-Man ignores armor. Against anything with an AV value, he has Armorbane as he can use his strength to its fullest extent to tear open hatches, shoot webbing into exhaust vents etc.

Yeah, I like Spider-Man.

dooms33ker
14-06-2013, 08:00
Most of them are still just human though, with no invulnerability rating. Cyclops may be X-leader of the X-Men but he not got any sort of enhanced resistance to injury like, say, Spider-Man would. Speaking of which:

Spider-Man:
Jump Infantry
210pts
WS5 BS4 S6 T5 W3 I8 A4

Wargear:
Web shooters
Spider Tracers

Special Rules: Move Through Cover, Armorbane, Fleet, Fearless, Scout, Deep Strike, Hit And Run, Independant Character, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Spider Senses, Annoying Insect!, Great Responsibility, Wall Crawling Menace, Holding Back

Web Shooter - Counts as offensive and defensive grenades. If used as a shooting attack, models must a S test. If they fail, the model is reduced to I1 and is hit automaticall in close combat until Spider-Man's next Shooting Phase

Spider Tracers - After Deployment, nominate an enemy character. Spider-Man can ignore restriction for Scouting distance if deploying and does not scatter when Deep Striking within 6" of that character.

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man - Spider-Man gains Shrouded and Stealth while in Cover. Spider-Man must always accept challenges.

Spider Senses - 4+ Inv vs Ranged Attacks, 3+ Inv in Close Combat

Annoying Insect! - In a challenge, enemies are at -1 To Hit, as Spidey taunts them and reminds that spiders are arachnids.

Great Responsibility - Spider-Man never kills. As such, any unit destroyed or broken by Spider-Man do not count towards victory points. However, for each challenge Spider-Man wins, each unit he subsequently fights in close combat will be at -1Ld. Also, Spider-Man may never attempt a Look Out Sir!

Wall Crawling Menace - Spider-Man is the victim of bad press within the Imperium, as such any unit he joins must take a Ld test. If they fail, Spider-Man must immediately move 6" away towards the nearest cover.

Holding Back - Spider-Man always holds back most of his strength against opponents but knows when and how much strength to apply to an opponent to disable them, to represent this, his opponent must always use his lowest Armor save value, however this does not mean Spider-Man ignores armor. Against anything with an AV value, he has Armorbane as he can use his strength to its fullest extent to tear open hatches, shoot webbing into exhaust vents etc.

Yeah, I like Spider-Man.

As far as character creation goes, your spiderman has way too many rules. Most 40k characters have about two or three unique rules plus a handful of BRB rules at a maximum. You've given him 14 different rules, which is about as many as space marines have for the whole army, special characters non-withstanding :)

As much as I think spiderman is strong, he is not stronger and tougher than an Ork Warboss. I think S5 and T4 would suffice. And being the lone hero sort, he also wouldn't be the type to join a squad of any kind. In fact a cool rule would be to lower Spider-man's cost to about 150 points and instead give him a rule where if he is within 6" of a friendly unit, it must roll a dice at the start of the shooting phase. On a one the unit decides to take down the heretical mutant and must shoot at him as if he were an enemy model, kind of how the police have a love hate relationship with spidey.

Kakapo42
14-06-2013, 08:59
Spider Jerusalem

Spider: WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 3 2 3 2 10 6+

Filthy assistant: WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 3 2 3 1 10 6+

Wargear: Bowel disrupter (range 12" strength X AP 6 pistol, rending, auto-wounds on 4+). Filthy assistants have a pistol (counts as bolt-pistol).

Options: May be accompanied by 1-2 filthy assistants for +10pts each. Up to one Filthy Assistant may take a large intimidating weapon (Range 30" strength 6 AP 3 heavy 1, blast) for +10 points.

Special rules: Hatred (society), #%*@ this, I'm out of here, obscene snarker, talk-down, one percent

#%*@ this, I'm out of here: Should a unit be wiped out (friend or foe), Spider immediately takes a leadership check. If failed, he decides he really just doesn't care about this battle, or both sides make him sick. He is removed from play as he moves on to other pursuits.

Obscene snarker: Any unit (friend or foe) within 6" of Spider has -1 LD as their self-esteem is disrupted by the constant stream of sneering remarks and profanities Spider frequently emits.

Talk-down: At the start of the player turn, nominate one enemy character. This character has been contacted by Spider and will likely receive a long-winded rant on all their various failings and why they should feel bad about themselves. The target character rolls 1D6 and adds their leadership. Spider rolls 2D6+LD. If Spider's result is higher the character is instantly removed as a casualty as Spider convinces them to kill themselves.

One percent: Should Spider Jerusalem suffer an unsaved wound from a poisoned attack, either shooting or close combat, roll 3D6. On the result of an 18 Spider is immediately restored to full wounds and gains a 3+ invulnerable save for the rest of the game. One percent, hah!

Lothlanathorian
14-06-2013, 09:00
Spider Man can lift 5 tons with ease and is on The Avengers, I'm failing to see how he's not strong and is a lone hero.

Although, I do like the 'maybe they shoot at him, maybe they don't' idea.

The Flash

Ws 3
Bs 5
S 3
T 4
W 3
I 10
A 8
Ld. 9
Sv 3++

Special Rules: Scout, Infiltrate

Fastest Man Alive: When moving The Flash, pick a spot on the board not within 1" of an enemy model and place him. The Flash ignores all terrain but can not end his movie on/in impassible terrain. When the Flash Assaults an enemy unit, he ignores the effect of Defensive Grenades and counts as having Offensive Grenades.

Catch!: If The Flash is in Area Terrain, he has a shooting attack with a range of 12" at strength 3, AP6 and it is Assault 3D3.

Edinairas
14-06-2013, 09:50
How often have you seen a Hero die? I belive all them should have a form of Eternal Warrior.
"After a failed Save from an attack which would Instant Kill the Hero, roll a die. On a roll of 3+ (or 2+ for the very tough ones), the Hero just loses a wound."
They are not just soldiers or even normal heroes, they are Super Heroes for a reason ;)

Also, as a side effect, if the Hero doesn't pass the test, all of their friends/team mates must take a Morale Check. If the check is failed they are Pinned (shocked by the unexpeted loss). If it is passed they gain Prefered Enemy versus the killer (YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!).

Sthenio
14-06-2013, 11:16
Bah! I really wanted to make Spider...

Beaten to the punch by someone who did a much better job than I would have done. I just wanted to use "Bowel Disruptor".

Lothlanathorian
14-06-2013, 11:51
The Mad Titan, Thanos

Ws 8
Bs 7
S 7
T 9
W 5
I 5
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 3+/4++

Wargear: None

Special Rules:

Eternal Enhancements: Thanos's already impressive Titanian physique has been enhanced using highly advanced technologies. He counts as a monstrous creature.

Teleport Technology: Thanos may be deployed using the Deep Strike rules. At the beginning of his controlling player's turn, Thanos may be removed from the table and placed in Reserves. At the beginning of his player's next turn, Thanos may deploy back onto the table using the Deep Strike rules or come onto the board normally.

Rejected By Death: Thanos has been spurned by Death. He ignores instant death and every time Thanos would normally suffer a wound, instead, he doesn't.

:evilgrin:

Sthenio
14-06-2013, 12:41
Wormwood, Gentleman Corpse

WS / 4
BS / 4
S / 3
T / 4
W / 2
I / 5
A / 1
Ld / 10
Sv / 4++

Wargear: None

I Have Feasted On The Corpses of The Elder Gods: Wormwood is worm. Ancient and wise beyond all recognition, he lives in the eye socket of an embalmed corpse which he psychically controls. Wormwood is a Mastery level 3 Psyker who may free mix powers from the Biomancy, Divination and Telepathy schools. Also, his zombie-esq body grants him Feel No Pain

People Like You Are A Little Harder To ********: Wormwood's body is protected by powerful magical wards that make him appear as Brad Pitt to the ordinary observer. As such, he may only be targeted by a fellow Psyker or a unit with the Daemon special rule. Wormwood may still be destroyed if he is part of a unit that is caught after losing combat or template/blast weapons.

Mr. Pendulum: Wormwood is always accompanied by his robotic clockwork drinking buddy and shotgun enthusiast: Mr. Pendulum. Should Wormwood fail a Look Out Sir! roll, you may elect to take the hit on Mr. Pendulum instead. Mr Pendulum is equipped with a Shotgun with Hellfire Rounds and has the following profile:

WS / 4
BS / 4
S / 4
T / 5
W / 3
I / 2
A / 2
Ld / 10
Sv / 3+/6++

Carlosophy
14-06-2013, 21:08
Scott Pilgrim

WS/BS/S/T/W/I/A/Ld/Vs
4/3/4/4/3/4/5/8/-

Weapons: Bare Fists

Special Rules: Furious charge, counter attack, crusader, Eternal Warrior, FIGHT!, Preferred Enemy (Evil Ex's), High Score, Vs. The Universe

FIGHT!: Scott must issue and accept challenges. When fighting a challenge the enemy character may not claim moral support or benefit from look out sir saves.

High Score: For every enemy character Scott defeats in a challenge he gains an extra wound. This may take him above his starting total.

Vs. The universe: For every additional game turn beyond the first Scott gains +1A and +1I cumulatively.

bittick
15-06-2013, 04:18
As much as I think spiderman is strong, he is not stronger and tougher than an Ork Warboss. I think S5 and T4 would suffice.

I want to see an Ork Warboss pick up a train and hit somebody with it. I've also seen Spidey hold a city bus above his head.

Freman Bloodglaive
15-06-2013, 14:54
According to his spec sheet Spiderman can lift about 10 tons, although while he was supernaturally powered he could lift about 25 (although they retconned that with One More Day).

HereComesTomorrow
15-06-2013, 21:46

I want to see an Ork Warboss pick up a train and hit somebody with it. I've also seen Spidey hold a city bus above his head.

I love seeing this image.
because I was the one who scanned it and posted it on 4chan yeeeeeeeears ago. It makes me feel fuzzy to know its in circulation.

but yeah, the reason I stated his strength low was because as he's saying, he holds back. Otherwise he'd be caving in heads left and right. That's not what Spidey is about.