PDA

View Full Version : Red Dwarf Rpg interest?

C. Langana
30-05-2006, 10:32
Me & Rathgar were thinking about an Rpg set in the Red Dwarf universe and I wanted to guage interest.
Some points:
1. plot would involve a simple 'investigate X derelict'.
2. The more cutting/witty/or terribly punnish your answer the more likely you are to succeed.
3. I'll only allow two skutters.

Goq Gar
30-05-2006, 12:49
yes yes yes

I get to be lister O.o

Rathgar
30-05-2006, 12:59
Just for clarity. It's going to be Red Dwarf, but with Warseers! Me and C are GMing as the ships computer (think Holly) only with a very severe spilt personality…

So rather than characters direct from the show, we want characters in the spirit of the show. And we’ll fit the plot around what you guys choose:

Currently it involves mutant sandwiches, curry and a certain rock n’ roll legend. But nothing is fixed.

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2006, 13:08
Can I be a Sloth version of 'the cat'?

Or I will be a skutter?

"Hello my name is hilly"
Hello hilly my name is holly"
"I think im in there"

slaaneshes_own
30-05-2006, 16:29
sign me up! I'll be a hologram "a la Rimmer" but I'll come up with a character spec later on today if approved.

Joe

vforvenator
30-05-2006, 18:50
Me & Rathgar were thinking about an Rpg set in the Red Dwarf universe and I wanted to guage interest.
Some points:
1. plot would involve a simple 'investigate X derelict'.
2. The more cutting/witty/or terribly punnish your answer the more likely you are to succeed.
3. I'll only allow two skutters.Hmm.. this reminds me of an idea I had once. Could've been exactly the same idea, in fact... unless this is deja vu I'm having now. Or unless it was a dream I had then... or some combination thereof. Or unless this is all a dream I'm having now... d'you ever get that feeling? Remind me to tell you about sometime. Although it really isn't as interesting as it sounds.
But anyway, can I play?
I'll wait and see what everybody else wants to be, and try to be the exact opposite of that.

C. Langana
01-06-2006, 16:10
Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I've been busy*
I'm glad to see some interest, all character suggestions are welcome, I think this thing will run sometime next week. I haven't talked to Rathgar yet, but a character creation thread ought to appear soon.

vforvenator: that sort of rambling would be perfect for a slightly deranged mechanoid, just a thought...

*on a drinking binge in Edinburgh.

Goq Gar
02-06-2006, 21:51
No idea what job i could have on the ship, but my character would be like:
Tiller, the self proclaimed lord of the skutters. Controlling them to do my evil bidding... or just fetch me a lager. Generally the mischevious, yet kind bloke who loves a laugh. Handy with ship computers and mechanics, he could make the doors play stairway to heaven, but as a cook has been known to cause more involuntary muscle spasms than a stun gun. Always game to be a part of something, and always there to lend a hand, or give some comforting advice.

slaaneshes_own
04-06-2006, 23:53
Like I said, I'm still up for a Red Dwarf RPG if it's going to continue.

If it is, I will post up a character tomorrow at some point.

Joe

Alco Engineer
07-06-2006, 05:10
I reckon I'd be in on this.

I'm a bit rusty, but it'd be good for a laugh

I'd like to be a ships officer. In command but unaware of anything going on around me. I've got to my postition by everyone failing above me and rising through the top through meadiocraty and ignorance. I'm not very technical and can be easily manipulated. I do strongly beleive I have a loyal and trustworthy team working below me, even if this isn't neccessarily the case.

Chuffy
07-06-2006, 20:32
Would it be okay if I joined?

I have two ideas, one being a very eccentric guy who can't spell and confuses spoons and knives. The other is some sort of mechanic with a chronic smoking problem.

C. Langana
09-06-2006, 15:43
Yeah on you go chuffy, just post in the other red dwarf thread.