PDA

View Full Version : Regrowth Spell

Niezck
09-06-2013, 14:31
This came up last time I played and in the end we just diced off for it but I was wondering if anybody could shed some light:

Temple Guard Champion has The Other Trickster's Shard.
Warriors Daemon Prince targets him specifically, kills him.
Lore of Life Slann then casts Regrowth on the unit, and the champion is returned first.

Would the champion return with his magic item?

We ended up getting into a mostly fluff debate, but I figure there has to be something rulesy to support it somewhere. All I've really found online is one of the comp systems' FAQ stating that Regrowth does return magic items to champion, but that's less than useful for a friendly game with no comp.

Thanks in advance!

theunwantedbeing
09-06-2013, 15:05
There's nothing in the rules so suggest that you would lose your magical items after being resurrected.
That said, one use only items that have been used already won't magically be usable again.

Unlike a standard bearer that was lost from the unit breaking from combat earlier, the item wouldn't be considered to be lost or destroyed so would still exist on the champion as would his regular equipment.

FAQ page 12 (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180060a_WARHAMMER_RULEBOOK_v1.8_APRIL13.pdf)
Top right hand corner.

yeknoMehT
09-06-2013, 15:54
Can temple guard champions take magic items?

thesoundofmusica
09-06-2013, 16:00
Can temple guard champions take magic items?

Yes.

L e t t e r s

yeknoMehT
09-06-2013, 17:04
Yes.

Well you learn something new every day. Sadly today it was not what I'm supposed to be learning about...