PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point goblin army

outbreak
10-06-2013, 22:45
Was hoping to get some advice on the below list for my goblin led army. Not looking for a power house (i'm playing goblins :P) but would like it to be semi decent and not a complete walk over.

LORDS:
night goblin warboss
armour of destiny
great weapon

night goblin great shaman
level 3

HEROES:
night goblin big boss
bsb
standard of discipline
great weapon

night goblin shaman
lvl 1
dispel scroll

night goblin shaman
lvl 1
ruby ring of ruin

CORE:
50 night goblins (5 wide for ranks)
hand weapons and shields
standard and music
nets
1 fanatic

50 night goblins (5 wide for ranks)
hand weapons and shields
standard and music
nets
1 fanatic

50 night goblins (horde for shooting)
standard and music
bows

5 spider riders (I don't own any wolf riders)
music

5 spider riders
music

SPECIAL:
6 trolls

30 squig herd (21 squigs 9 handlers)

2 spear chukkas

RARE:
2 doom divers

1 rock lobber

TOTAL: 1997

outbreak
13-06-2013, 22:12
any advice?

howie
14-06-2013, 00:02
I no it's not themeatic but I'd take a goblin warboss for the +1LD instead of a night gobbo.

I'd probably go 10 wide on your units as 5 wide and 10 long you're asking to be flanked.

I'd drop the ruby ring and standard of discipline, take the crown of command and give yourbsb some better armour.

Regards,
Howie.

Wharfrat1979
14-06-2013, 00:56
Hmmmmm. More ng big bosses with great weapons for 36 points. Six trolls will be hammers but NGs by them selves will kill nothing. Max out on bbs. Drop a unit of spiders two get two bbs. Maybe drop the units down to 40 instead of fifty for points. It would be nice to add a few fanatics as well but the points are hard with this list. I am not sure what u want to do with the ruby ring. Is there a chance u going to be up against ethereal and u need some type of magic attacks?

madival
14-06-2013, 01:07
Night goblin shaman as your main caster is a little risky. I have lost entire magic phases where I rolled a 1 on that magic mushroom and failed to cast breaking my concentraion and not being able to cast after that. As for your melee lord, run glittering scales and fencer blades. Most people need 6s to hit him. I would say go big on fanatics or go home. I ran 3 in one unit and that was it and they just dont do enough for the army unless you really max.

outbreak
14-06-2013, 01:09
I had ruby ring of ruin so I had something flaming to knock off regen as I might play a-bombs.
Wharfrat I was considering dropping the 2 spear chukkas (bolt throwers never do much for me) and dropping my 2 combat units down to 40 - with the left over points I'd add in 2 big bosses with gw and light armour and beef the combat units up to 2 fanatics each. Does that sound better? I kept the 2 spider units as I like having 2 quick units to hit warmachines and re direct.
I'm not sure I wanted to horde the fighters as I would have though ng's need the ranks to not run away. The archers I would horde for lots of shooting with the hope to reform if they look like seeing combat.