PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2,400 fast attack

Waywatch
11-06-2013, 16:15
Hey guys. Here's my non traditional Empire list which I recently signed up for a tournament with. Arch lector and battle standard bearer join the halberdieres who are in 5 rank horde formation. The light council juggle between the two archer skirmishers. Let me know what y'all think!

LORDS:

Arch lector (army general)
- additional weapon, the armour of meteoric iron, crown of command [187]

Battle wizard lord (lore of light)
- level 4, talisman of preservation, earthing rod [270]

HEROES:

Captain (battle standard bearer)
- bsb, full plate armour, biting blade, enchanted shield, dawnstone [131]

Captain
- imperial pegasus, lance, full plate armour, shield, white cloak of ulric [170]

Battle wizard (lore of light)
- dispel scroll [90]

Battle wizard (lore of light) ]65]

CORE:

Halberdiers (48)
- musician, standard bearer, sergeant [318]

Archers (20)
- musician [150]

Archers (20)
- musician [150]

SPECIAL:

Demigryph Knights (4)
- musician, standard bearer [252]

Demigryph Knights (4)
- musician, standard bearer [252]

Pistoliers (5)
- musician [100]

Pistoliers (5)
- musician [100]

Reiksguard Knights (5)
- musician, standard bearer, Banner of eternal flame [165]

total points= 2,400

Lord Solar Plexus
12-06-2013, 07:21
Looks quite interesting. I would probably split up the archers into even smaller units - 4*10 gives you lots of drops. I don't think they need musicians. They're certainly good for rallying outside of the Ld bubbles but hey, they're just archers. That buys you some kind of weapon for the Captasus. A simple lance is the least he should carry. A ward for the AL would be really good while the additional weapon is kind of meh. At least it's cheap.

Waywatch
13-06-2013, 06:54
ahh thanks Solar, you're right about the weapon. I actually had a lance calculated in the points already I just forgot to write it. Oops! It's edited now. The only other change I made was giving the Arch Lector the armour of meteroic iron instead of the armour of silvered steel and luckstone. I like the archer units in bigger squads, make my light council feel a bit safer. Thanks again!

Lord Solar Plexus
13-06-2013, 07:52
Good thinking. You're probably going to play around with the list anyways. In my experience, I always fiddle and tweak or get bored with the odd unit. :) I see the utility of a bigger bunker but you could for example get a unit of 20 for the L4, one of 10 for both hero wizards and 2*5 detachments to anything to run interference.