PDA

View Full Version : Special Character Pack from my club

Chapters Unwritten
12-06-2013, 17:13
Not too long ago we generated some special characters for a club campaign. I just thought it would be fun to post them here and see what Warseer thinks of them.

Download is here (http://www.evildice40k.com/files/vault/[Club]%20Special%20Character%20Pack.pdf) (please note, it was created on short notice and was intended for the club only, so the images I used are borrowed from Google Image Search...if you happen to be one of the owners of the models depicted, I mean no offense!).

What do you all think? I'd like to do this for a lot of the club's more famous models.

Menthak
12-06-2013, 17:21
It's nice to see a sister's special character. Although I think the beastmen might be a tad powerful for their points cost. Maybe.

8 points a model
Furious Charge.
Rending.
Assault 2 lasguns.
Scouts.
Fleet.
Stubborn
And an Extra close combat weapon.

So, always 3 attacks on the first turn of combat. (With two Lasgun shots as well if they charge)
And any sixes are terminator killers?

Just a small thing. Especially considering the 5+ save.

Otherwise they're looking good.

Chapters Unwritten
12-06-2013, 17:28
There's a funny story behind that: the player who uses those guys is an older fellow named Frank, who playted an old foot Guard list that just always got it's face beat in. So we made those guys to sort of "help him out" a bit. He ended up losing the campaign quite badly!

Menthak
12-06-2013, 17:29
There's a funny story behind that: the player who uses those guys is an older fellow named Frank, who playted an old foot Guard list that just always got it's face beat in. So we made those guys to sort of "help him out" a bit. He ended up losing the campaign quite badly!

Well bugger me. I would think that with those I could topple Tactical Terminators with ease. So long as I got the charge and had more than one squad.

Chapters Unwritten
12-06-2013, 17:35
Well, we ruled that he could only have the one, originally. The campaign was written in 5E, so these guys got really pounded on for not having a transport. I could do a much better version with 6th Ed rules, probably; there is more stuff in the game that better represents such a unit.

Theocracity
12-06-2013, 18:12
Neat! I like them. I'm generally of the opinion that the best special characters are the underpowered ones, but I can see the logic for the Guard guy.

My group has a handful of special characters, too - maybe I'll post them later if there's some interest.

Chapters Unwritten
12-06-2013, 18:55
That'd be great, to have a whole post full of them!

We have another who isn't listed here who is an Ork Warboss that can steal wargear from other models if he kills them (and can make a power klaw attack against a model in his own unit to take their stuff, as well, heh). I should probably find that page and add it, the fluff is hilarious.

Menthak
12-06-2013, 20:41
I haven't come up with a PDF for them, but I do have models for our DH characters on the tabletop.

Inquisitor Sercius: 155 Points.

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv+
6 6 4 3 3 4 3 10 4++

Wargear: Carapace Armour, Hot-shot laspistol. Master Crafted Relic Blade. Frag Grenades.

Special Rules: Duelist. (Must throw out a challenge). Adamantium Will. Eternal Warrior. Hatred (Tau, Tyranids, Ecclisiarchy).

Marcus: 55 Points.

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv+
4 5 4 4 2 3 2 9 4+

Wargear: Carapace Armour. Arbites Shotgun. Chainsword. Frag and Krak Grenades.

Special Rules: Leader of men. (can give orders) Know when to flee and when to fight (If forced to flee and is caught by a sweeping advance, you can choose to roll a leadership test, if you succeed, you keep fighting next turn as usual). FNP 5+.

Magos Jurun. 130 Points.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 4 4 5 3 3 D3+2 8 3+

Wargear. Combi-melta. Frag Grenades. Mono molecular hammer (I know it doesn't make sense ap 5 +1 S (already included)). Powered Armour. Servo-arm. Blessings of the Omnissiah.

Special Rules: Relentless. It will not die. Rending. Rampage. Rage. Fearless.

These are just a few, but I thought I'd better not clutter the thread too much.