PDA

View Full Version : 2400 WoC Steamroller Army

sigmarus
14-06-2013, 21:46
This is a super fast and hard hitting army. It is tough, and you have to choose what to shoot at very quickly. The downside is a horde with steadfast. But I feel like it can still come out victorious. Please give C&C.

Daemon Prince, MoN, lvl4, charmed sheild, sword of striking, chaos armor, daemonic flight, scaled skin, flaming breath, soul feeder.

Exalted Hero, MoT, BSB, talisman of protection, enchanted shield, third eye of tzeentch, disc of tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer, MoN, lvl1, dispel scroll, chaos familiar, daemonic mount, barding

Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

6 Chaos Trolls

4 Skullcrushers, Standard, Mus, Lances Banner of Swiftness
3 Skullcrushers, Standard, Lances, Banner of Eternal Flame

Total: 2397 points

Wash
15-06-2013, 11:00
I think this list would be pretty effective, however I am not sure what role the trolls will play in it, they need to rely on generals leadership to keep moving, and while a demon prince has a large range, hes much faster than the trolls and will probably be out of range. I think replacing these guys with knights or a chimerae would fit your theme better

Ossirian
15-06-2013, 11:54
This is a super fast and hard hitting army. It is tough, and you have to choose what to shoot at very quickly. The downside is a horde with steadfast. But I feel like it can still come out victorious. Please give C&C.

Daemon Prince, MoN, lvl4, charmed sheild, sword of striking, chaos armor, daemonic flight, scaled skin, flaming breath, soul feeder.

Exalted Hero, MoT, BSB, talisman of protection, enchanted shield, third eye of tzeentch, disc of tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer, MoN, lvl1, dispel scroll, chaos familiar, daemonic mount, barding

Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

6 Chaos Trolls

Total: 2397 points

whilst a very snazzy looking army, your sorcerer cannot have a familiar and a dispel scroll, and putting him on a demonic mount is making him a big target for an easy kill, why not drop him on one of the chariots? also is the DP for combat or for magic?, you can get alot of dogs for those wiz levels, or alternatively, if hes a caster, lose the fly (only 2" on move) and get vanguard for those dogs to tie up warmachines quickly?

just my 2 cents
:)

lordlorien
15-06-2013, 13:08
I can't really see what you want to do with your characters. Well Demon Prince is obvious but the other 2 guys are pretty easy to snipe of the table. For the BSB you ain't got no infantry unit to stick him into. Well maybe he is riding one of the chariots but I can't see that from your list ;). I used BSB in gorebeast chariot and he is great as long as you don't get cannon sniped. The scorcerer is even easier to take down. He has to ride solo on his daemonic mount on the table since you can't mix marks in units since 8th ed. army book. Maybe switch really switch the trolls, even though they are a great choice, for some MoN Knights and put your scorcerer on a regular mount and stick him in there. IMO he is too expensive to ride solo but that might just be me ;).

Have fun Steamrollering !

sigmarus
15-06-2013, 13:44
The trolls i could exchange for knights, thats not a bad idea.

The BSB is tzeentch, so really he only dies on a roll of a 2 for ward saves and has a 1+ armor save. I think he should be fine. Him being on a disc will let him get to combat very quickly

The chaos sorcerer has a 2+ armor, but no ward, this is true. So he is weak vs heavy shooting. If i switch the trolls to knights, I could indeed put him in there.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Fighting Newfoundlander
15-06-2013, 16:35
I'm not so sure about the sorcerer. Is he needed? You could lose him and the trolls and addanother chariot and a chimera and maybe even some more hounds. Or I also like the idea of 6 knights and another chariot instead of the sorcerer and trolls. You could just put the familiar over on the DP instead.

Artinam
15-06-2013, 18:16
Mark of Slaanesh on the chariots. Face that one, he used his dogs to block my movement off and then fled them true his chariots.
Also having a nearby chariot get killed doesn't doesn't mean he has to take a test.

Rufus
16-06-2013, 03:27
I run a similar list, your disk BSB is solid, give the chariots the MoS, maybe add a gorebeast chariot MoN? Drop the chaos trolls to make room for a gorebeast, and perhaps make the sorceror a tank by giving him MoT, Disk, and the dawnstone? With the extra points round off the crushers to two 4 strong units? Have fun!:skull:

MyNameDidntFit
16-06-2013, 03:47
Do whatever you have to to get a Dragonbane Gem on your DP. Without it he's one Searing Doom away from being 600 point of melted goo. Metal is a common lore these days, at least in my area, and the DBG also helps against Dwarf/Daemon cannons with Flaming Attacks.

Morax
17-06-2013, 13:38
Steadfast is a much bigger problem than I think you credit it for. 6 Chaos Chariots seems like a good deal on paper, but they start to fail when they come up against a unit big enough to eat those impact hits. It gets even more dicey when that unit can strike back with some hitting power after it does, or if that unit has a supporting unit that can go into the flank of a chariot on his next turn. You are suddenly looking at a very tricky situation.

I suggest you find yourself a fast moving unit that can have atleast some ranks for taking out steadfast. I'm not saying you need 10 ranks of Marauders, maybe 3 ranks of Horsemen or hounds or Ogres/trolls will do. This will give you the chance to break them on the first turn and keep steamrolling like you hope to. Seeing as you already have 6 trolls in the list, I'd take another 3. You could drop a chariot/the unit of 3 Skullcrushers/the level 1 mage to pay for it. I think you will find the list plays more to your liking with that smallish change.

rydhus
17-06-2013, 14:16
I had the same idea for a list with loads of chariots. The problem with these kind of list is that you have to few models. If you make a bad roll with one or two chariots, in a large unit, you can count on it that they are getting stuck for some time or even smashed into tiny bits.

I would at least put one block of chaos warriors with halberds/shield in there to be sure.

sigmarus
17-06-2013, 19:02
Mark of slaneesh on the chariots is a decent idea, I will try that. I can definitely add the dragonbane gem on the DP.

As far as steadfast and ranks, I like the idea of larger units of hounds since they are so cheap. Say 2x15 hounds so they have a few ranks. the downside to this is that they are easily killed in combat. If I switch the sorcerer to a barded horse, he can join one of these units.

sigmarus
17-06-2013, 19:14
This is the updated list based on everyone's input. I dropped the trolls and a chariot, added dragonbane gem, added hounds, added the maruader cavalry, and added mark of slaneesh to the chariots. Let me know what you think. Is it still scary?

Daemon Prince, MoN, lvl4, charmed sheild, dragonbane gem, sword of striking, chaos armor, daemonic flight, scaled skin, flaming breath, soul feeder.

Chaos Sorcerer, MoN, lvl1, dispel scroll, chaos familiar, barded steed

Chaos Chariot, MoS
Chaos Chariot, MoS
Chaos Chariot, MoS
Chaos Chariot, MoS
14 marauder horsemen, MoN, FC, sheilds, light armor
16 Warhounds

Total: 2399 points

Lord Solar Plexus
18-06-2013, 07:44
I liked the other one better. ;) Or rather, the setup of the hounds. I mean ranks and steadfast and breaking it are all nice but essentially the critique was that something could go awry, and I mean yeah, true...so what. One bad round of rolls could mean a chariot is stuck and one bad round of rolls could mean the Hounds get killed. I'm not saying it is a bad list, far from it but having three expendable units of hounds that can run interference and get in the way and delay and protect you from shooting and push fleeing units off the board is just too good to pass up for the remote chance to have a rank or two and break steadfast with that. Because the really good blockers will have 6, 8 or 10 ranks to start with, and even those S3 types can kill two dogs, even to their flank.