PDA

View Full Version : The realm of Kaos, v2.

Pages : [1] 2

Kaos
15-06-2013, 00:13
So, welcome old friends and new alike! Here is the thread I will use for anything I produce, be it sculpting, minipainting, paintings or drawings. But mostly miniatures.
Some of you might remember me from before and know what I have created before. But for you who does not know you can se some of my work in the links in my signature.

First some highlights of things I have created.

My first love, Orcs and Goblins.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Armyshot3.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Armyshot3.jpg.html)
Warriors of Chaos
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/11.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/11.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/GorghonFrontAll.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/GorghonFrontAll.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/IMG_7438.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/IMG_7438.jpg.html)

I will try and start a Space Marine army, an Eldar army and also some quickly built and painted army for warhammer fantasy. Im thinking Dark Elves or Vampires.

Stay tuned, but it will not be a quick and fast log this one.

Cheers, Kaos

mrtn
15-06-2013, 09:52
Should be interesting to follow, subscribed. :)

claudiomarino
16-06-2013, 20:06
+1 (samma här).

MrReznor
19-06-2013, 10:50
yay! will be great!

Griffonclaw
19-06-2013, 13:04
Im subscribed, if its at least half as awesome as your fantasy log this will be full of epic stuff!

claudiomarino
25-09-2013, 14:46
How did you do an Golden Demon? Or perhaps you were aiming at Golden Demon 2014? ;)

Kaos
29-09-2013, 23:50
Yes 2014, it would be impossible for me to enter this years. Especially now hehe. But I am getting some nice stuff for next years entries! Something big. Something..fatherly. And rotten.

Also planning on what other projects I must focus on. A couple main entries and then some extras just to see how they do. But actually the first thing I must do is to buy new colors!

Other than that here is a little list of things I got brewing.

Forge World Great Unclean One. (either 40k or fantasy monster, or possibly diorama, we will see)
Vampire(single mini fantasy)
Eldrad Ulthran(40k single)
IF,I really mean IF I get my hands on that big Eldar Wraith Knight..oooh.. yes. That one is a wet dream.

Well that is what I got at the moment. I am thinking of some more projects, perhaps a squad of marines or something. There are so many nice miniatures that I want to paint!

If you got any advice on minis I could give a try to paint then please tell me!

Well what else? Been a truly chaotic year so far, the gods must be pleased I think seeing me bouncing trough life near madness. Sometimes I wonder how I survive but I guess Kaos likes it in chaos. But, now I can atleast see some order in things and can start picking up the thread again.

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
29-09-2013, 23:53
ooo double post

Kaos
01-10-2013, 09:27
Selling this baby to finance my return to the hobby. Aiming for Golden Demon 2014! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251349974961

Lord Azoth
02-10-2013, 17:07
WB! master!

Belegar
03-10-2013, 17:40
Subscribed!
Looking foward what you are up to for the GD2014.

All the best

Zywus
03-10-2013, 21:08
Just looked through your Orc and Goblin thread (those squigs are so adorable!) so I can see we are in for some quality painting. And your greenstuff skillz are just through the roof.

I never liked that wing myself either. It makes the vampire too asymmetric for my taste.

Kaos
03-10-2013, 21:34
Lord Azoth - Thanks friend!
Belegar- Welcome aboard the crazy train!
Zywus- Cheers and yeah that wing would be cooler if there where two of them. :)

Ok so I now know that I got a big Forgeworld Great Unclean one in the mail incoming in a week or so! And also I will get my hands on a Wraith Knight too! After christmas that is but that will suit me fine so I can get some work done on the Papa Nurgle and get hold of the stuff i need for the knight. Like an airbrush and colors!

Also a friend of mine is sending me his paints that he does not need, thanks Claudio!

So, stuff is happening. I just have to clear some studies and then I will get going with the vampire. Oh and I am not sure about Eldrad.. Its an old one I painted on the other side of the millennia and I cannot get all of the paint removed properly. I must buy something stronger to get rid of it. Or paint something else. After all, there is like..a million miniatures out there that I want to paint.

And the auction for my Tzeentch Sorcerer seems to go well so far.

All in all, the future moves again and I like what I see.

Cheers-Kaos

claudiomarino
07-10-2013, 09:26
I'll try and sort the colors today my friend!

Kaos
07-10-2013, 13:06
Thanks C!

Oh. Wait.. What's this?

I cannot wait to get started on this fine gentleman and family father!

Cheers - Kaos

Skickat från min LT25i via Tapatalk 2

mdiscala
08-10-2013, 17:58
Can't wait to see what your finished products look like Kaos! .;

Breazer
10-10-2013, 11:46
This has to be such a treat for you!

Kaos
11-10-2013, 18:46
mdiscala- Me neither! Setting up a new painting station and have a couple colors I need to buy, for example a primer might be a good start hehe.

Breazer- You know it! Oh, it will be so.. sooo disgusting when I am finished with it. I am thinking about a couple different color choices for papa.. All of you know my Nurgle theme I had before. Im thinking about making something different with this one.

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
30-10-2013, 22:58
180742180743Hello! Well I thought I would update this place a bit. Have had tons of school to catch up with and now it seems to lighten up a bit! So I painted this shoulder pad. It's a test for some marines I bought really cheap and I'm trying out colors and ideas. I got to buy new brushes too, I only have sucky ones left.

Anyway, the idea is to make my own take on marines, but I want them to look a bit like crimson fists. With a twist. I think.. Or I will just make some whole other colors. Something never tried. There are lots of crimson fisty armies out there. Don't want mine to drown amidst them.

Will atleast build the assault marines I got now and post a pic soon.

*Edit* Now with pics! I present my first 40k miniature in this century! Ok, the shoulderpad is rough, so its going to look much better of course on the finished marine, whatever colors I choose now. I kinda like the idea of Amerrkarines.. hehe..

Cheers-Kaos

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

Breazer
31-10-2013, 16:36
Captain America marines?

Kaos
01-11-2013, 00:55
Yeah I know, it looks strange does it not? Must weather it and stuff. Too clean!

Kaos
06-11-2013, 18:08
Ok, seriously.. What does people do about the jetpacks mold lines? On the inside of the engines for example? Yo make that smooth and flawless requires a lot of work! Is it worth it?

Kaos
07-11-2013, 21:07
Ok here are some pictures of backpacks. Yeah. There are four of them. And in different colors. I have a hard time to choose a color for my chapter! I want a battleworn look, like they have been on a planet for a while and quickly gotten dirty and such. Also they should look Imperial, but a bit like old times, and perhaps not so goody two shoes.

Also what to do about that jump pack? Liquid GS? And finally I have made a test-torso to try out the colors a bit more on a half marine.

What do you think about the colors? Wich one would you have chosen?

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
08-11-2013, 01:08
I chose this scheme. Painted with a really bad brush.

Lucifer216
08-11-2013, 07:43
Hi Kaos,

If you're interested in American Space Marines, you might find some inspiration from The Stars of Dorn - they're my Team America inspired army. Here's a link to their background section and a link to their showcase gallery.

http://www.pcrc.org.uk/antona_australis/forces/stars-dorn.html

http://www.pcrc.org.uk/lucifer216/showcase/starsdorn.html

Kaos
08-11-2013, 09:28
Hey Lucifer! Thanks for the pictures and story. I decided to turn away from Blue and reds as I saw that so many armies use these colors. But yours really look like something I had plans for! But with more blood and splatter on hehe.

Cheers - Kaos

claudiomarino
08-11-2013, 14:52
Looks good my friend. Gritty and grimy as we like them. Liquid GS/putty for the jump pack :-(

Kaos
08-11-2013, 18:19
Tested liquid gs, we will see what we end up with! Might get away with making flames.

MrReznor
09-11-2013, 01:47
very nice! do you have any vehicles etc yet?

Kaos
09-11-2013, 02:09
Noop, just five assault marines! I'm not sure what vehicles I want yet. Rhinos I guess. Land raider. Yeah, would be nice.

Kaos
11-11-2013, 14:27
Ok, first ten marines cleaned out from Dark Angels icons. Drilled holes in the barrels of the weapons and added battle damage to the armor. They look alright now for being from the start box!

claudiomarino
13-11-2013, 16:50
So far so good :-)

Kaos
18-11-2013, 23:05
There, that is the beginning of my army of marines. I was going to spray them. But felt it sure helps if you actually have a can of spray to use. Oh well.

It does not look spectacular I guess but this is a form of deconversion. Cutting away all the dark angel logos everywhere took some time, altough I did not manage to "save" those two characters. They will just remain Dark Angelish survivors, taking command as highest ranked marines for a while until I buy new characters.

What else? Well, really, i must ask. What the hell is wrong with all the bling bling?! Wings and stuff and please, could that dude not find a larger helmet? It is like a parade watching Dark Angels fight nowadays I guess. "Do I look good in this cape? Is my helm ok? Am I posing right?".. Yuck. Marines in my mind should be clean and mean really.

Anyway.. Lots of bullet holes, scratches and such on these. Made just some simple basing too. No that is plannes. You see, I want to make a cool looking terrain later for my marines and future Eldar, with trenches and ruined cityscapes and suck and when i come to that point I can slap on some more stuff on the bases for that extra feeling. Also, I refuse to put them on rocks as I do not want a marine standing in trench, on a rock he took with him.

I also hired a Blood Angel Deathnought, for extra love. So this army is what..around 900-1000 points i can imagine? Must check it out.

Pics!

Atleast now I can play games and thus I think I will start some serious work on the great Papa Nurgle! Take it in turns as we say.

Thanks for watching, cheers!
Kaos

tannibal_lecter
19-11-2013, 07:56
I'm glad you went with that colour scheme. I think it looks the most weathered.

Kaos
19-11-2013, 10:13
Thanks! Although I have a idea of having several different chapters struggling along together. Kind of like a campaign gone bad and survivors of different chapters have come together to keep on struggling until the last marine dies. This will work together with the style of my battlefield I'm planning. A bit like cowboys and Indians, WWI, space rangers, where Eldar are the Indians then hehe.

Daniel36
19-11-2013, 11:44
Thanks! Although I have a idea of having several different chapters struggling along together. Kind of like a campaign gone bad and survivors of different chapters have come together to keep on struggling until the last marine dies.
Go for it! Some people, and you might be one of them, don't know you well enough, struggle with painting an entire force in the same colours. I know I do. I've been thinking of going the same route for my Empire army. Have each unit come from a different province. Probably will keep me more motivated.

Kaos
19-11-2013, 13:36
Go for it! Some people, and you might be one of them, don't know you well enough, struggle with painting an entire force in the same colours. I know I do. I've been thinking of going the same route for my Empire army. Have each unit come from a different province. Probably will keep me more motivated.

I certainly am! Or atleast, it is fun to try many things. There are lots of different colors I want to try. And I think I can make it work if I use lots of the same kind of symbols on all of the marines. Like a campaign-symbol and markings here and there ontop of their different chapter symbols.

Kaos
25-11-2013, 00:53
Ok do I changed the colours again. Had a vision listening to Hocicos song "shape of things to come" and I suddenly felt black is right. What do you think? I present to you, the first finished Viper Marine! I will have the eye there on every model. And on characters more elaborate snake/viper designs. Still some sloppy things left on it, but it works. And I'm getting used to the new colours from gw. Missing lots of good ones. For example, what is like the old red ink?

tannibal_lecter
25-11-2013, 08:28
I love it, but for me, black is the happiest colour.

The eye on the shoulder pauldron looks amazing.

mrtn
25-11-2013, 22:44
Nice work, the DEATH on the gun is impressive.

Kaos
25-11-2013, 23:24
Thanks tannibal and mrtn! Well, I was thinking if it was supposed to say something on that little banner, very small. I guess they do not write up grocery lists on it hehe..

chrisloomis13
26-11-2013, 02:09
Definitely awesome paint scheme on the marine. It made me think Sons of Horus between the green color and eye. The V had me second guess b/c I don't think they were the 5th legion, plus there was an aquila on the chest plate, had me 2nd guessing and looking carefully. That said I do really like it.

Kaos
26-11-2013, 08:47
Yeah, the eye is a bit misleading. I should perhaps add something to "Imperialize" it, like a lightning or wings. Hmm.. Lightning Vipers.. Viper Angels.. Imperial Vipers.. Emperors Vipers.. Hmm hmm! But then again I like the "in between good and evil" feel of it.

Lord Azoth
26-11-2013, 10:20
amazing overall look, so weared...your freehands are amazing..

Kaos
26-11-2013, 12:19
Thank you azoth! Freehand is awesome to work with, must get that guy with a banner to paint. :-D

Breazer
26-11-2013, 20:39
I still think that the black consuls would be something for you to work with too... :P
but this looks pretty neat but it also reminded me a lot of the sons of horus.

Kaos
26-11-2013, 23:41
Yeah I saw that too! Might need to make another symbol than the eye. Will try on the next one!

Kaos
02-12-2013, 11:36
Changed the eyes to neon green, much better now I think! Also working on speeding up the painting process and will show you soon. And I found new paints! Much cheaper than gw. Will post later.

Belegar
02-12-2013, 16:42
Really like the Neon Green eyes.
Great colourscheme.

Kaos
03-12-2013, 22:56
Thank you Belegar! I think it will look really cool as a whole army too.

So I found this weird paints in a local store near where I live now (moved out to the woods) and I got curious and bought one to test it. It was one of these, DecoArt Americana Acrylics, https://www.decoart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=3f2eb0b2eddd46373bb5d146c1 3f4c14&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=D&Category_Code=AP

They are MUCH cheaper than GW´s colours and after testing the one I tried on a White Metal Tomb King Mummy I have decided to buy more from them. Could cover the white metal in one swoop, blend it with water to create smooth layering, add alot of water to use it as a kind of wash. It did all the things I wanted it to do and this is not a thing I have felt with the new colours I bought from GW. Especially for what price they take. So, I will delve deeper into these paints and see how they fare in the long run. After all, I have just tested one paint out of many.

Is there anyone looking by this little place of mine here in Warseer Space that have used these paints themselves? Maybe someone from the US? GB? If so, what is your feeling of them?

Allright, and also I got other stuff to show you if it is allright in here. Altough it is a painting it could be fun to have this place as a holder for all things I create. Hmm.. perhaps I should create a blog for this instead...? Bah.

Also if you want to you can skid in here to look at some more of my weird stuff: https://www.facebook.com/JonasWideenArt

Now. Schoolwork this week and then we will see If I can steal some time to paint the first squad of Marines or something else. We will see. Silly times.

Cheers-Kaos

Belegar
04-12-2013, 17:04
Really like your painting Kaos!

Good to hear you found some other paints.
I too, find the Citadel colours too expensive!
I use them, but also the Valleyo colours, they are a little cheaper.

Will be "waiting" for your first squad of Marines.

Cheerz.

Kaos
08-12-2013, 23:48
Thanks! And here is number two. I tested some new techniques on it and I think I can step up a level and start painting batches of marines now. Looking bad ass?

tannibal_lecter
09-12-2013, 00:09
I definitely think they are bad ass!

Coffee and Chaos Undivided are my only vices.

Kaos
09-12-2013, 06:51
But these are not chaos, although not very friendly! Then what marine are friendly and cheerful? Lol

Belegar
09-12-2013, 09:02
They are bad ass!!
I like the eye on the shoulderpad very much.

Kaos
12-12-2013, 00:19
Thanks! And here is a armyshot! Four models! Had to try a terminator before I get going on other stuff. I was curious on how I could make it look. This will have to do for now.

Cheers - Kaos

Kaos
12-12-2013, 08:11
Also finished this one, for now. A bit Tin Tin feeling in it hehe..

Kaos
28-12-2013, 01:25
Ok so I have finished this one now. Thnk of it as a very large banner hehe..

Now, when I finished it I can plunge into some more terminators I think! Bought a new color for blood too, tamiya clear red. It is supposed to be really good! I am eager to try it out. :)

For more pictures of the tree you can go to my FB: https://www.facebook.com/JonasWideenArt?ref=hl

I should really try and get a blog..I got so many things going on at the same time!

Anyway, if someone swoops by here, cheers for looking in and take care.

Merry new yeast!
Kaos

tannibal_lecter
28-12-2013, 03:58
That tree is beautiful. There is something tentacle-like about those roots and i like it. Like they could reach out and grab me if I don't watch out.

Kaos
28-12-2013, 20:19
Yeah, try flip it upside down and it's even more strange hehe.

Here is a test with some clear red. It is really nice! Must test some more.

Belegar
29-12-2013, 23:35
That blood looks Great!!!

Breazer
30-12-2013, 11:09
Haha...already adding squished eldar i see...nice work dude! keep it up!

Kaos
30-12-2013, 20:20
Cheers! I like the gory marines hehe..

Kaos
19-01-2014, 19:45
Well it's starting to look like an army atleast! Got some more stuff in the pipeline coming in, more tactical marines, a devastator squad and a land raider and raven, that flying thing. Note the old Rhino I got from my friend, it is so cute. Ten marines in that one? Hmm.. Anyway. The plan for these this year is to just get them assembled and given minimum work just so I can enter a tournament if I wish. And then gradually update them as I have time. I have also started to cut into the great unclean one but I will show you later. Cheers everyone!

Breazer
20-01-2014, 12:42
Where did you get the classic rhino?

Kaos
20-01-2014, 13:06
From a friend! Am not sure if I will use us it a Rhino or try to build a razorback or such out of it?

Killshot
20-01-2014, 16:15
Nice work on the terminator, love the Tamiya Clear Coat Red for blood. I don't do it any other way!

Kaos
23-01-2014, 18:31
I understand why! I regret not making a khorne army haha!

Kaos
18-03-2014, 19:35
Mmmkay, so not very much happening in here? Why? Why is this? Well, mainly because i got loads of other things in my stew at the moment. Been busy painting paintings and such. You can look here if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.363225250421335.81530.363189397091587&type=1

Here are some of my latest paintings, a Unicorn and a tank and next up is a chaos horse of sort, like the steed Archaon rides on. Possibly with chaos warriors beside it I think.

On another note. Where do I find the big round base for the forge world Great Unclean One? I am trying to work on it a bit more but it got no base so it wobbles around. So I better base it properly first before I continue.

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
03-04-2014, 09:02
Time for some updates huh? Great unclean one is coming along, lots of cleaning on this one. And planning. Also I have a couple new minis that I will paint for a customer.

Will be more active moreover with minis. I am currently building a space marine army and I take paint jobs for minis. I am also starting an eldar army and I think I will try and start a fantasy army again. Not sure which yet. So, if anyone wants something painted, let me know.

Cheers - Kaos

Kaos
03-04-2014, 09:08
Here are a picture I made of a sketch for a Sorcerer on palanquin that I was planning on to build for my warriors of chaos. To bad I sold the whole army, lol.

Kaos
03-04-2014, 22:09
190770 wip

Skickat från min LT25i via Tapatalk

MrReznor
04-04-2014, 06:51
Good to see some new stuff!!

Kaos
04-04-2014, 07:09
Expect more! Loads of different paintjobs and sculpting coming in that I will take care of! :)

Breazer
04-04-2014, 12:42
nice looking WIP and the nurgle big dude is getting some interesting conversions it seems.

Kaos
04-04-2014, 20:43
Thanks friend! And here are some more progress! 190819190820190821

Kaos
05-04-2014, 12:38
I hope the miniature wasn't that expensive Mr reznor? Don't worry, I won't hurt it. Much. 190835

Kaos
06-04-2014, 21:38
So! Building complete except some chains that I will add later. I do not want to add them before I spray him since that would screw them up. Now I will have to build a base for him as next stage and I´m thinking of a stream of nastiness flowing beneath him. I must experiment on this with some sketches. I made a dummy to try out colors on my computer with before I try and paint with real colors. 190929190926190927190928

Hmm..well, if anyone stumbles in here and takes a look at this let me know if there is anything I could do better or so before I spray him.

Cheers-Kaos

MrReznor
07-04-2014, 00:54
Hmm what else could you add? maybe some kinky piercings or arrows ,spear etc on him? not to sure what else you could add.
Either way cant wait till you start splashing some paint on it

Kaos
07-04-2014, 08:02
I think I will add the chains and a kickass base and that will do the trick. I think there is a levelcap on detail on this guy. One more and he will burst! :P

Daniel36
07-04-2014, 08:31
I love your Nurgle artwork. Really awesome! It should be turned into a real unit.

Red Skullz
07-04-2014, 08:46
Huge fan of what you did with your Chaos Warriors army so following this for sure :)

R

Kaos
07-04-2014, 08:46
Thanks Daniel and the unit in there already exists as my version of Marauders. :)

Kaos
07-04-2014, 08:48
Thank you Red Skullz! I will try and update here more often inbetween school and other things. :)

Kaos
07-04-2014, 22:53
Tzeentch Sorcerer done! Lovely model to work with. Made this for a customer and I take miniatures as payment. If anyone want something painted we can probably sort something out. :-)

Cheers - Kaos

mrtn
08-04-2014, 11:09
Looking good Kaos! The white highlight on the blue makes it look a bit sigurish. :)

Kaos
08-04-2014, 12:50
Haha yeah he uses it so often it's like his thing! I do not always use extreme highlights, but when I do, I use the sigur way! :-)

Kaos
16-04-2014, 14:54
There you go! Painted this dwarf as a commission. Coming closer and closer to full space marine army. 191606191607191608191609

Daemonslave
16-04-2014, 16:36
You are very brave to chop up and modify such a nice but expensive model, but fair play your Great Unclean One looks awesome. Can't wait to see him with some paint on

Breazer
16-04-2014, 16:48
awesome stuff... what range is that dwarf model?

Kaos
16-04-2014, 16:56
It is not my model hehe.. So I can do anything with it, Moahahaha!
Nah, it's not so bad, just some tweaking.
I think it is that AOW or whatever it's called?
I am going to buy a base for the great unclean one tomorrow and some DAS-clay to sculpt the whole base. I am thinking tentacles and slime and icky stuff, running down and drowning a couple marines. How about that?

Kaos
16-04-2014, 19:22
Beat armament for the stormtalon? 191622

sigur
16-04-2014, 23:41
Really nice work there. I realied I haven't commented in a while but I do keep an eye on this plog. ;)

The wizard looks cool. Dwarfie is less to my tastes but really nice painting nonetheless. Kudos for converting the GUO. I wouldn't have the heart to do that if I got an expensive FW model like that but your conversion is really clever and subtle enough. I like it a lot. :yes:

Kaos
16-04-2014, 23:59
I kind of thought of you when I painted these two guys, sigur. The wizard is more your style and I wanted the dwarf to be a contrast. :-)

mrtn
17-04-2014, 00:11
I like the dwarf. :)

Kaos
17-04-2014, 08:31
Thanks mrtn!

Kaos
19-04-2014, 18:02
Step one. Holes. Lots of holes. 191710

Kaos
20-04-2014, 10:01
Allright! Base is started and papa is watching the progress. He knows he must have patience if it's going to be done correctly! Using a paper based clay combined with pva glue. 191748191749191750191751

Kaos
20-04-2014, 23:05
Seriously.. 12 parts on one devastator with a heavy bolter? Goddamit.. Sure it's nice models, when finished. But it takes forever for me to get one together. It's not fun. Bah. 191798

Breazer
21-04-2014, 12:29
But they sure look fancy :D

Kaos
21-04-2014, 13:09
Yes they do!

Kaos
01-05-2014, 22:18
Got the smell of plastic glue lingering in my nose. A couple of more tactical marines, some battle damage and occasional extra stuff and of to the spray can. 192537192538192539192540

Kaos
02-05-2014, 14:31
A sketch of the diorama with the Papa and some poor marines drowning in mysterious fluids. I would love to have just two or perhaps one plaguebearer at the side of the big daddy.
The reason I have been sniffing so much glue is that I want to see what I get left over to use on the diorama. 192561

Breazer
03-05-2014, 09:47
nice sketch and nice new marine models... now get brushing dude... we wanna see some of that kaos magic!

Kaos
03-05-2014, 09:59
I cannot paint them yet. Currently drilling holes in all the pipes and such and doing battle damage. And the bases are to be done too. Also I got an old Predator that needs some love and a Rhino. But I suspect that tonight I will prime everything and the whole army is ready for play. :-) 192577192578

Kaos
03-05-2014, 10:00
I also see that I glued the flamers on the land raider in the wrong slot. That is what you get when you follow the manual like a slave... Gha! Oh well.

ashc
03-05-2014, 10:23
great little projects Kaos, keep it up!

Kaos
04-05-2014, 00:28
First of all, cheers. Secondly... should I start a marine thread too in the 40k forum for this too? Because it could well go as an project on its own. Because here is what I have thought of so far, brace your selves! *WARNING LOTS OF WORDS*

Hello.
This is the start of a project that aims at having an army of Space Marines vs an army of Eldar in a set enviroment of mine. I want two armies at home and a battlefield themed together like a diorama that we get to change around in every time we play, me and whoever comes by.
Imagine a planet once full of cities, life, forests and farms and large oceans full of all kinds of living things. Imagine a big war that went too far and turned almost all of the planet to a red dusty planet of ruins and death. In the dusty skeleton of the cities that once where, black and charred ribbs of buildings protruding up and out if the red ground, there are still an ongoing battle today between new foes. What once happened on this Imperial planet is long forgotten by most but there are still secrets buried in the ground that only a few know. A secret passed on trough the centuries and millenia in the inner circles of a few. The Imperial Vipers and their battle brothers are sent to the planet(name?) to aid in a battle with no spoken goal but one thing is sure. The Eldar they are facing do not want them there and are doing their best to get rid of them all. No one knows why for sure except the chosen few. It is rare for Eldar to throw away lives and the force they show seem to intend they put a big effort on getting rid of the imperial forces from this mysterious planet.
The Imperial Vipers are black armoured killers totally loyal to the Emperor(so far) and they are part of a legion, that is allowed to exist because of their proven(so far) loyalty in countless battles. The legion is called Hydra Legion and consists of seven chapters, all with serpentine names. I will portray each of the seven Hydra chapters as I go along. Fleshing out things and adding sketches, portraits and whatever I get hold of. Hopefully I can inspire other people to start one of the other six chapters and sometime in the future play a large game with all seven at the same side.
I wanted to create a chapter that linger between good and bad. Large black cold shapes emerging out of the darkness with glowing green eyes. One must admit that listening to Hocico while thinking about how they should look helped alot. I got the colors from their songs as I vision a dark future with neon lights in it. Black, dark blue and cold green. The only heat coming from the blood splattered on their armour and on the ground. No forgiveness, just brutal and short pain and then death.
I will illustrate with pictures as I go along with this project as I sketch alot and with this project I also want to make full color paintings of the visions I get when I play around with my ideas in my head.
As I see the Hydra Legion is that they have a effective strategy of helping each other out in a way that is way more effective than other chapters cordinate things. Each chapter will have a Chapter Master but there will also be a Legion Master, or perhaps Master of the Hydra Legion or such named in bold imperalistic words. I will build on this Idea more and more and we will see where we end up.
About the Eldar then? Well, the short version is that they are a from a lost craftworld from the void, that have returned back for some reason. They are not communicating with anyone, not even other Eldar. I will not tell more about them now before I have some more models of them. They are the going to be the most ambitious painting project in the future I think as I am thinking of something special with them. But it will take time, and thus I start the marines instead so I have something to play with pretty soon.
The battlefield will be mostly red dusted areas and burned out cities and strange ruins with some interesting features.
Allright.. that was alot of text. If you still are here I salute you hehe..
Now, onwards!

So, this is what I got so far. All that is missing is a Rhino, Drop Pod, Reclusiam Command Squad and a new Drednaught so I can swap out my old Blood Angel dredd and it´s an army of 2500p Notice all the battle damage. All models have some damage and wear and tear. I want them to be used and worn andthey have seen lots of battle and this is the army as it stands after lots of action and thinner reserves. As they are called Vipers I envisioned them to have lots of assault marines and vanguards altough I took the models I got and did what I could with it. Got a more "deep in a campaign" feel to it then. Later I can go and get some more assault marines and vanguards and such.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0243_zps6312a9de.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0243_zps6312a9de.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0248_zps432a03fe.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0248_zps432a03fe.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0249_zps4b64a80d.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0249_zps4b64a80d.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0252_zpsb9bfae9d.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0252_zpsb9bfae9d.jpg.html)

Well.. that is what we call a mega post.

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
04-05-2014, 17:39
Here is some sketching where I try to get the right look on the Chapter symbol and banner. Also you can see where I try and find the right name. So far Imperial Vipers is what I got as best choice so far.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0231_zps5370e10f.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0231_zps5370e10f.jpg.html)

Cheers-Kaos

MrReznor
04-05-2014, 22:31
very nice mate, will be sweet to see all those new minis with some paint on them.
Those banners looks ace as well.Now start painting!

Daemonslave
04-05-2014, 23:24
Some really nice sketches you have there for emblems, especially the crowned eye part.

As for a name, maybe Vipera Imperialis? The Latin translation isn't that interesting. Maybe another snake or something general like Serpens Imperialis (Imperial Snakes)

Kaos
05-05-2014, 07:31
Thanks Rez! Will paint something up as a test soon. Maybe another terminator perhaps?

Thank you Daemonslave! Hmm.. Vipera Imperialis.. hmm hmm.. That has a nice ring to it, does it not? I think it could work actually and in general they can be named Viper Marines as a common name. Nust think aboot it. Thanks again for the idea! :)

Now, for painting this army I have come to a couple ideas. I have allready painted some marines but they took forever. I will not be finished in years with this army if I will make them top notch. So I think I will go a bit blanchitsu on them and prepare my drybrush for some work and use weathering and blood and then only pick out details on them. Will try a marine today I think actually. Stay tuned.

Cheers-Kaos

Red Skullz
05-05-2014, 08:07
So you will focus more on painting stock rather than a combined conversion/painting take on these? As I remember your chaos warriors well that army was rampant with awesome conversions .

Not that I mind just curious :)

R

Kaos
05-05-2014, 08:26
Yes Red Skullz, no greater conversions on these marines. Atleast not the main army. I have removed lots of Dark Angel stuff from them and added lots of battledamage. In a sence it´s a conversion hehe. But when I make the chaptermaster and his gang of merry warriors there will be some heavy converting I suspect to get them unique. But first I focus on a playable army as fast as possible. :)

Azendral
05-05-2014, 11:57
I should have known this was you, I've looked in once or twice before but always with too little time on my hands to really look through it. Now when I do it's really obvious that these projects are yours. Truly great colour scheme on the Space Marines and your details are, as always, exceptional. The little scrolls, the eye on the shoulder pads... Great stuff.

I truly envy your ability to just sketch out logos and banners like that, I've tried so many times to come up with some banners for my Ogres but I always just end up with something that looks boring and uninspiring.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Breazer
05-05-2014, 13:47
Sounds like a plan, curious to see you take this on.

Kaos
05-05-2014, 22:06
Allright, not the best pictures but anyway! Tried some drybrushing and wash today but it sucked. Used Nuln oil as a wash but it only made it look like crap. So I went over the assault marine with just black and thus created more work than I intended. Anyway, one is finished! It's pretty messy and fast paint job really. I'm very proud of the colors and how they work with the red earth and blood. 192792192793192794192795192796

Kaos
05-05-2014, 22:09
I should have known this was you, I've looked in once or twice before but always with too little time on my hands to really look through it. Now when I do it's really obvious that these projects are yours. Truly great colour scheme on the Space Marines and your details are, as always, exceptional. The little scrolls, the eye on the shoulder pads... Great stuff.

I truly envy your ability to just sketch out logos and banners like that, I've tried so many times to come up with some banners for my Ogres but I always just end up with something that looks boring and uninspiring.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers mate!

Breazer
05-05-2014, 22:36
Looking good, it kinda looks like you are going about these quite fast. but they sure have the "Kaos" feel about them.

Kaos
05-05-2014, 22:47
Hmmm... Kaos feel.. that must be the contrasts and the dirt and so? :P

Daniel36
05-05-2014, 22:48
How about "Sons of the Serpent" or "Serpent's Sons"? They could be a splinter cell of the Thpusand Sons, the name tying them in nicely. Vipers just doesn't have that Marine vibe, it sounds more Eldar.

Kaos
05-05-2014, 23:15
Hmm, but that sounds more evil to me. I'm thinking of Vipers like the American marines and such. Navy seals and that. I'm thinking of space marines as American brainwashed marines in armor pumped up on droids and taking catchy names while enforcing their leaders will on the galaxy. :-P Vipers, tigers, sharks, names like that is what pops up to me.

ashc
06-05-2014, 06:33
I think in that case Imperial or Astral Vipers sounds pretty good. I like Astral myself.

Breazer
06-05-2014, 13:15
Astral Vipers works pretty well id say

Daniel36
06-05-2014, 16:22
Astral Vipers then. Space Marine chapters don't have Latin names, so I wouldn't go that route.

Kaos
06-05-2014, 16:42
Hmm, Astral Vipers, Astral Vipers. How does that sound? Star snakes.

Daniel36
06-05-2014, 17:27
Star Snakes, Dark Angels, Blood Angels (seriously) Minotaurs, White Scars... I'd say it fits in real well!

Kaos
06-05-2014, 22:24
Rainbow warrior lol!

Breazer
11-05-2014, 17:11
Those do exist too

Kaos
11-05-2014, 17:12
I know, it's a funny name! :-P

Kaos
11-05-2014, 23:08
Setting the scene and I built three marines that will drown in slime and goo. Yet keep on fighting. Waiting for some plaguebearer and nurglings to add beside papa. Went for heavy bolter and chain sword instead of high tech weapons like plasma or powers word. Don't want bright light sources, just brutal and dark stuff. Any thoughts? 193111193112

Jormi_Boced
12-05-2014, 02:40
That diorama looks promising!

HereBeDragons
12-05-2014, 06:17
I must, having just seen the new Captain America all this talk of a "hydra legion" has me very suspicious! ;) the painting on those guys is superb! I can't wait to see where this project goes

Kaos
12-05-2014, 08:07
The Hydra versus my future to be Void Eldar is going to take some time I think hehe. But essentially it's just another larger diorama. :-) I have built a list for the eldar to start collect. Any interest in me putting them here for show?

Kaos
13-05-2014, 22:22
I take that as a no :P

But on another note. Made this one today as Giger left us and he has allways been a part of me, a great inspiration. Sucks that he left us but anyhow, he did a fair ammount of things that inspire! My Eldar will use parts of his style, combined with some other things.

Otherwise it´s the most hectic week so far in my life and miniatures will have to wait.

Cheers-Kaos

Breazer
14-05-2014, 09:39
Any update is a good update Kaos. I love how you did the alien in the sack. Was wondering how one draws such a muted image. nice work.

Karak Norn Clansman
14-05-2014, 10:38
Nice work in this log of yours. Snyggt. :)

Kaos
14-05-2014, 11:39
Cheers friends! Well muting colors and such is a great technique to master. Many go from Dark to bright all over the place. Creates drama but not much of an story. I like to save my white spots for the right areas. Same goes with my miniatures as you might have seen. :-)

Kaos
17-05-2014, 00:04
Built me a little painting thingie! Not pretty, but works. :-P so I am going to give these lads a basic dark angel makeover and when the base is done I will glue them to it and then start to add weathering and such. 193416

Kaos
20-05-2014, 16:25
Received these guys from Mr Reznor and now I can start planning positions and sculpt the base around that. :-)

Kaos
20-05-2014, 16:26
Ah, here they are 193561

Kaos
26-05-2014, 00:02
Allright! Here is testdummy number one.
Tried out some enamel colors for the gory stuff and they are fun to use! I must test to make drippy gore and such with it, mixing it with glue and see what happens. Also trying ot some other Ideas I have on metalic parts for my future Eldar.

Anyway, here he is. Dummy number one. Will paint one more later when I have time. Got lots and lots to do this week. Quite possibly the most busy week of my life!

Toodles, ladies and gentlemen! -Kaos

mrtn
26-05-2014, 02:13
He looks Kaosy. :)

MrReznor
26-05-2014, 06:00
Its lovely, and what mrtn said very Kaosy

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kaos
26-05-2014, 11:15
He is very kaosy! The big lug will get a neater paint job though hehe. But if I had a Demon army this would be pretty good table top quality? No? Yes? Working on a new one now. Coming soon!

Kaos
26-05-2014, 16:25
Tadaaa! So, wich one is best? 193865193866193867193868

Breazer
26-05-2014, 17:44
Ah you're going right back to your old nurgle scheme of your chaos. To be fair i was hoping to see what you could do with the green hue's but this looks cool too.

Kaos
26-05-2014, 19:37
I would like to try out some greens too! The enamel colors I got from Tamiya are supercool! I can see if I can spare a little nurgling perhaps or test on something else. :)

Another word on the clear colors I got hold of is that I am experimenting with them a bit on different surfaces and with some mixing and such. I want to see what I can do with them. It looks like I can get a pretty cool spacey effect wich is one of my goals with them for my Eldar. Will try and play some with glues next time I experiment and see what happens, if I can draw the paint out to strings, slime and so on.

MrReznor
27-05-2014, 06:08
The second one is my favorite I think, I really like the purple, black colors and thr fleshy bits. I reckon it looks more evil

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kaos
28-05-2014, 12:44
I will try one more look, almost black and white with red details and pus. I think it can look really cool. :-)

Kaos
01-06-2014, 13:04
Allright! This is the level of detail and painting I will restrain myself to, to get a fully painted army in a maximum of 12 months from now! I love giving them lots of Freehand and details, sweet layering and so forth! But that would mean lots and lots of time painting them. 194120194121

ashc
01-06-2014, 13:24
Oh my, pretty power weapons. ..

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Kaos
01-06-2014, 16:16
Thanks, used some of that new enamel clear blue and green from tamiya. Very good stuff!

Breazer
03-06-2014, 23:01
Awesome assault sergeant! that powerweapon looks excellent!

Kaos
03-06-2014, 23:59
Cheers bro! Only the best for you!

And whats this? A beastman with a handgun hanging with some rats?194320

These are another batch of comissions that I add to the pipeline of things to do! Will be an absolute honour painting that beastman! And the others are cool too, especially Snitchk or what his name is. But first I must get some school job done plus moving house, again..third time in a year due to some major crap-ups!! Tzeentch, sometimes you are a bit pushy! ... And after that I have to start working away on the base of the diorama so I have it set and primed!

This summer will probably be quite interesting, muahaha!

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
11-06-2014, 23:44
Allright, started up on this fine lad. Just the most basic start. Thought I should try and record the process of this one so I can remember it when it's done and if it's good enough to use. Stay tuned...! 194752

Kaos
17-06-2014, 00:07
Well there you go, number three done.
I went with a black and white as base and then on top of that I can go either way. But red and a bit blueish here and there is a strong theme I think and lets it open to other colours on the Great Unclean One as there are massive ammounts of space on him. Some areas can be more redish, other more yellowish to pus or whaever I come up with.

Allright, now its just building the base and paint all the miniatures!

Cheers-Kaos

Breazer
17-06-2014, 19:57
they look great...even better with the green back ground. Curious to see this unfold further

Mr Feral
20-06-2014, 21:34
Brilliant Plaguebearers!

I love the midnight blue and the red hues and colourations. :)

Kaos
04-07-2014, 13:58
196276nom nom

Breazer
04-07-2014, 17:31
oki, wow!!1

Kaos
05-07-2014, 16:34
You know it!

Ramius4
05-07-2014, 17:06
He's awesome. Very... Kaotic ;)

Kaos
10-07-2014, 00:14
Thanks and here is a lovely picture of the tummy, work in progress. :-) 196627

MrReznor
10-07-2014, 07:22
Lovely guts, and the blood looks great!

Breazer
10-07-2014, 10:04
starting to look really yukki...which in this case is a good thing.

Kaos
10-07-2014, 11:21
It does not look too "fresh"? I mean it does not look like his guts have Ben out for ages and it's just rot and black goo. As I am painting him now I get the feeling he is constantly bursting with new" gifts " all over his body. Wich is pretty disgusting to me lol

Kaos
12-07-2014, 00:01
Holy crap he is big and takes lots of time to paint! I was thinking that by now I would have done the whole front but I keep forgetting the size of him. I mean, he's head alone is like painting a full character marine or something like that lol. Anyway, enjoy. 196688

MrReznor
12-07-2014, 00:05
That is absolutely amazing! That face is like a nightmare!

Breazer
12-07-2014, 00:48
It sure is worth it dude!

HereBeDragons
12-07-2014, 20:02
He is looking awesome! I always underestimate how long it takes to paint any model, let alone massive beasties like him! Keep up the good work though, you'll get there in the end!

Kaos
12-07-2014, 20:07
Thank you all, I hope I can paint some more tonight and show some more progress. :-)

Jormi_Boced
14-07-2014, 01:40
That is a great great unclean one.

Abraham Danglebreech
21-07-2014, 20:38
I've been following your Great Unclean One on facebook. Been ages since I've looked at your stuff on here. Keep it up, it's looking great (and unclean, and one).

Kaos
24-07-2014, 21:21
I've been following your Great Unclean One on facebook. Been ages since I've looked at your stuff on here. Keep it up, it's looking great (and unclean, and one). Haha thanks Abraham! I will keep it great, unclean and one! :P

That is a great great unclean one. Thank you Jormi!

Allright, I seem to have forgotten to upload the almost finished GUO here on warseer as I am mostly active on Facebook and with multiple projects at the same time (I got counting now projects for five different persons at the moment) and this is one. Altough this one will be part of the diorama I´m planning and its for GD 2015, if there is one. Or I will put him on display in some other contest, just to show what I have done and see what happens.

Anyway, here he is in his state of pause at the moment. I will keep adding more and more to him and the diorama but now I must build and paint the other parts of it so I can tie it together.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/GreatUncleanOne_zpsf027b5d6.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/GreatUncleanOne_zpsf027b5d6.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/GreatUncleanOne4_zps7ceb289b.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/GreatUncleanOne4_zps7ceb289b.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/GreatUncleanOne1_zpsd826e4ca.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/GreatUncleanOne1_zpsd826e4ca.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/GreatUncleanOne3_zps069d4591.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/GreatUncleanOne3_zps069d4591.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/GreatUncleanOne2_zpsc06f5c87.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/GreatUncleanOne2_zpsc06f5c87.jpg.html)

Hope you like him as he is now! Now I will go and paint a big ass banner for World Eater Terminator BSB!

Cheers Kaos

Breazer
25-07-2014, 18:13
looks truly disgusting....keep it up bro hymn

Daemonslave
26-07-2014, 22:59
Excellent work. The colour scheme definitely makes him look more evil - most go for the jolly look (including my own), but this makes him look sadistic and I like it!

Kaos
27-07-2014, 00:15
Thank you all! And here is the next project! A World Eater banner for my fellow that ordered the GUO. And also people asked for a tutorial so I got one here. Well, a kind of a tutorial.

A kind of tutorial on how I make my freehand paintings.
This banner I made for a customer so please bear in mind to respect that it´s a personal item for a unique model. Feel free to use this as inspiration to make your own awesome banners! There are millions of ways to make your own cool one with just a little borrowing and a pinch of your own style. Don´t you think? :)
I sketched alot before making this banner, and I did not use a single one of those haha. Well, it can be good to sketch anyway to "get into the feeling".
Here you can see the start on the banner, a planet. I centered it on the banner and then painted a planet out of my head as good as I could remember. First creating a dark blue globe and then gradually highlight up to a certain point and leaving areas untouched wich I could use for continents and islands. Then I filled the islands out with, well, landmass. Forests and brownish areas and little mountain ranges and then after that I highlighted both the seas and lands together to a similar level of light so it binds it together.
Oh and the banner is made out of paper wich I made wuite big as it will be a terminator on a Juggernaut holding it. Will look epic!
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0281-picsay_zps47322801.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0281-picsay_zps47322801.jpg.html)
Here you can see that I have filled out the black space around the planet and left some of the black to form a chaos star and the icon of the world eaters. I also made the Khorne symbol in a slightly darker red to set it there but I did not want it to be just as black as the World Eater icon to let them both play different parts.
One thing that might be of interest is that I just splash the paint on and work it out as I go along. No sketching. I do not need that anymore like I did before. I see it in my head and work against that Image. Saves me up alot of time.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0291_zps1b3c8061.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0291_zps1b3c8061.jpg.html)
And here we can see a little bit better how I build up the shapes of the skulls roughly. Just splashing it there, you can allways go back, does not need to be perfect. Adding more highlights in layers and shaping things up a bit.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0294_zps0ff55867.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0294_zps0ff55867.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0297_zps018a03c5.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0297_zps018a03c5.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0299_zps140975be.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0299_zps140975be.jpg.html)
Here you can see that I have darkened down the deep areas of the skulls that I left out before and now it feels more like "real" skulls. I have also poked around on the red areas and higlighted a bit here and there.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0301_zps685d05c4.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0301_zps685d05c4.jpg.html)
And here we go! Cutting and shaping things up! I used drills, sculpting tools and such and stabbed, dragged, pierced and maimed to get the right feeling in the fabric. I like paper that way, I can make it look pretty good, compared to a plastic banner.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0304_zps10dd5ff6.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0304_zps10dd5ff6.jpg.html)
Drenched the holes and scratchmarks with watered down black+earth brown to soak it in and dirten it up a bit.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0307_zpsdc719c75.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0307_zpsdc719c75.jpg.html)
Aaaand finished! Poked around a bit here and there and tried to make things smooth into each other and look just about right. Added blood coming out of the pile of skulls with a bit of Tamiya clear red.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/DSC_0319-picsay_zpsf161ac75.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/DSC_0319-picsay_zpsf161ac75.jpg.html)
I hope you like what you have seen and that you might have had some help or inspiration by this little tutorial or what ever we should call it. It was freakishly hot here where I live and focus was a bit..err..bad. :P
Ask me anything and I shall try and answer as good as I can muster.

Cheers-Kaos

Daemonslave
27-07-2014, 09:31
Fair Play, that is awesome! I bet the guy is chuffed to bits with that!

Breazer
27-07-2014, 11:54
looks great amigo... you're always making such masterpieces

Kaos
27-07-2014, 17:17
Thank you guys and I think Mr Reznor is quite happy with it hehe. :)

Now I am a bit inspired to paint up all kinds of banners, I just totally love to paint freehand motives! How about all the major chaos gods first? Hmm..

Cheers-Kaos

mrtn
01-08-2014, 17:50
Good stuff Kaos, both the GUO and the banner.

Kaos
06-08-2014, 19:54

Thank you mrtn!

And here we have some more stuff. :)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0349-picsay_zpsvswejqgv.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0349-picsay_zpsvswejqgv.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0350-picsay_zpsyy0hay5b.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0350-picsay_zpsyy0hay5b.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0421_zpsxrfrlvh4.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0421_zpsxrfrlvh4.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0420_zpsocac6nnr.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0420_zpsocac6nnr.jpg.html)

What a joy to paint charachters! I missed that I think. These two are pretty much finished but will take better photos of them after the next two are done. I wanted them both to be pretty dark and murky. Especially the assassin must be dark, since it his job to stay in the shadows! I hope you like them. Now on to the next! A skaven seer of some kind, an old one. :)

Cheers-Kaos

Kaos
06-08-2014, 19:54

Thank you mrtn!

And here we have some more stuff. :)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0349-picsay_zpsvswejqgv.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0349-picsay_zpsvswejqgv.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0350-picsay_zpsyy0hay5b.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0350-picsay_zpsyy0hay5b.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0421_zpsxrfrlvh4.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0421_zpsxrfrlvh4.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0420_zpsocac6nnr.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0420_zpsocac6nnr.jpg.html)

What a joy to paint characters! I missed that I think. These two are pretty much finished but will take better photos of them after the next two are done. I wanted them both to be pretty dark and murky. Especially the assassin must be dark, since it his job to stay in the shadows! I hope you like them. Now on to the next! A skaven seer of some kind, an old one. :)

Cheers-Kaos

Breazer
06-08-2014, 22:38
Great stuff dude... these characters are just done great... i dont know what else to say. keep it up

juicytomatoes
07-08-2014, 20:59
Well done on the assassin! Love the way you painted the cloak and the blades.

Kaos
08-08-2014, 19:26
Thank you guys! :-)

bluewolf74727
17-08-2014, 15:42
That Skaven looks amazing I love the poisoned blades

Kaos
17-08-2014, 23:06
Thank you bluewolf!

And here are some more skavens!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/1_zps8eeb074f.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/1_zps8eeb074f.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/2_zps466fb49e.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/2_zps466fb49e.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/3_zps73c2a533.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/3_zps73c2a533.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/4_zpsb39da3fa.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/4_zpsb39da3fa.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/12_zpsce175a2d.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/12_zpsce175a2d.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/detail2_zps6bab91a5.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/detail2_zps6bab91a5.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/IMG_3611_zpsa668a76f.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/IMG_3611_zpsa668a76f.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/IMG_3613_zps51e1db65.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/IMG_3613_zps51e1db65.jpg.html)

And all four of them!
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Skavens4_zps3e1f8aea.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Skavens4_zps3e1f8aea.jpg.html)

That finishes this comission and now I only have one more model to paint except for the Great Unclean One diorama and then I will start painting banners and sell them. Will be interesting to see if I can make it work but I think I have what it takes to make it happen. :)

The Idea is to simply put use my freehand-skills to the maximum and paint popular banners or by demand for those models that you want to really stand out in the army. This way I do not interfere with all the other miniature painters out there and I do not waste time cleaning models and put them together wich just takes so much time for me.

What do you think of that idea?

Cheers-Kaos

Breazer
17-08-2014, 23:26
They look great dude... always a pleasure to see updates from you... and you always keep surprising me with more hidden talents.
that eye.....amazing!

Red Skullz
19-08-2014, 08:03
Okey so you should totally go for a full on kaos-ified skaven army kompis!

R

Azendral
20-08-2014, 14:22
Really great characters, the poison on the assassins knives is excellent. I really like the idea of your banner service, you've always made excellent banners and its not impossible I'd order one for my Ogres, after I figure out what kind of symbology I want on it.

Kaos
23-08-2014, 20:09
Cheers buddys! The eye is a secret trick.... muahaha..

Anyways, If skavens where Elite I would take them :P

And also, I have painted my first character for space marines in around 15 years and it fell on mr Cortez to have the honor! Last character I painted is Mephiston I think and I painted it totally insane, pity I do not have a picture of him. Perhaps I can get the owner to take some.

Here he is.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Cortez1_zps802bd1f0.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Cortez1_zps802bd1f0.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Cortez2_zps3d3718cd.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Cortez2_zps3d3718cd.jpg.html)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Cortez3_zps610c4cac.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/Cortez3_zps610c4cac.jpg.html)

Tried to get some good pictures of him but it just did not want to work. I hope you like him as I painted him! I did not go super-technical on him, just solid and good. I think it worked out nicely. I kept him clean from freehand as the front is so busy it made my brain hurt to paint them all with gold. Gold.. Burnished Gold. Yeah, the old one. that you could pour over a model and it still would not look like gold. I had to use trix. Many tricks... Like, I was all Loki over his golden stuff with tricks. Yeah.

Anyway I have started on a new project too. Here is the first part.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/10985_707898469287343_6503899231375600812_n_zpse78 31066.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/user/Chaoslorden/media/10985_707898469287343_6503899231375600812_n_zpse78 31066.jpg.html)

Enjoy!

Onwards! Chaaarge!-Kaos

bluewolf74727
23-08-2014, 22:19
Looking forward to what your planing there.

Kaos
23-08-2014, 22:23
Looking forward to what your planing there.

Me too! Exciting stuff!

Kaos
25-08-2014, 22:39
This might be a front for my imagined codex of my Viper Marines. Will see tomorrow if it is ready for paint. 199187

Kaos
27-08-2014, 17:02
Blood angels for the diorama! Will be a nice contrast to the dark great unclean one. Will build flares from the heavy bolter and bolter so that will bring red-orange to the diorama. 199332

Breazer
27-08-2014, 18:53
Yes...all i can say...great stuff..cant wait to see more on this

Kaos
14-01-2015, 21:33
Aaaaaaand now for some khorne Knights! I received an army of khorne cavalry and tzeentch sorcerers, and I just need to build these five chaps to make it to 2500 points. So I will just slap them together and on Saturday I will ha e my first battle in over two years. Yay! Will probably repair the rest of the army and paint over them so they all fit together, somehow. Oh, and expect some blood and gore hehe.. And possibly some fire! 205844

Breazer
15-01-2015, 06:26
That sounds awesome!

Kaos
15-01-2015, 06:51
You know it Bro! Bit i will make flat bases for these. Oh and I forgot, I got this to paint too! 205852

Daniel36
15-01-2015, 10:41
That rifle guy is so cool. I should've ordered it back in the day, when I got some of his contemporaries...
Great job on him.

Kaos
22-01-2015, 12:59
Cheers Daniel!

Well I have gotten myself a new (old and used) army of warriors of chaos. This time they will be mainly khorne in theme I think!

First off is my new Sorcerer, wich is old. And I speed painted him. I think I will try to paint this army as fast as I can to the same standard. 206307

And then we have some khorne Knights ready for paint. Expect something dramatic in looks haha.. 206308

Here is a shot from my first battle in over two years. :-) 206309

Yeah the terrain.... Lol

Cap'n Facebeard
26-01-2015, 02:10
That sorcerer is excellent, I especially like the effect of the sword radiating energy on the base. Moody and powerful.

Kaos
26-01-2015, 14:37
Thanks, and it was really easy and fast to paint that effect. Thinking about making lava bases for my chaos army.

mrtn
26-01-2015, 17:34
Nice sorcerer. What game are you painting them for (since he's on a round base)?

Kaos
26-01-2015, 17:41
Fantasy but I was out of square bases, so he have this one for now hehe.. He is not glued to it, just pressed into it.

Kaos
30-01-2015, 00:15
Alright! Knight number one done! Took some 70 minutes to paint it, had to experiment a bit. Next one will be faster!

Will take better pictures when they are all done, really hard to get a good look with all the shiny stuff that the camera produces. 206750206751206752

Breazer
01-02-2015, 14:40
looking good amigo. I did think you would go for the classic red and copper/gold trim with lots of blood on there still...

Kaos
01-02-2015, 17:27
Nah, I wanted to try something else. Although I might make another scheme on the next unit! Or alternatively go back to these later and paint more on them, and possibly sculpt some flames.

Kaos
05-02-2015, 05:30
Two Knights down! 207032

Sneezy
13-02-2015, 11:02
Always good to see more of your work Koas. You are a true inspiration.

Breazer
13-02-2015, 11:04
Excellent painting on the knights Kaos, I really hope a bit you will also make guys with the classic Khorne theme. I know you will make it rock so thats why :p

Kaos
23-02-2015, 17:39
Thanks!

Six Nurgle champions on the table! Trying out a bit more color on the first one. They are to be used I a dungeon game. So I can make them a bit individual.

Kaos
23-02-2015, 17:45
And a khorne champion done! 208340208341208342

Kaos
23-03-2015, 23:48
Maybe time for an update? Yes? No?..Yes?

Well here you have some painted Khorne Knights! All painted in 7 hours after black primer. The goal was speed, and effect. Not superdetails. So I think I achieved that! I found that it is really easy to paint Khorne symbols when you are used to looking at black metal logos. The splattered or more chaotic way I painted the marks in really fits better than the usual hard and squareish symbols in my opinion. Anyway, here you go!

21021021021121021221021321021421021521021621021721 0218

And then we have some Nurgle warriors, Old school! To are done so far. Here they are. Yes. Ah, it is a it worse quality of a picture, but do not worry. Sit down, and relax. When all 6 are done there will be sexy pictures and rundowns of them all. I plan on painting them all different from each other. Why? Because they are not my models, and I get to experiment, and they are mostly for a dungeonhacker game for a customer. So I get to play around, yay!

Well, now I am off to sleep! Oh, btw, I have been very busy painting and drawing other stuff. Maybe I should put some here? Well ok then.

Kaos
24-03-2015, 00:04
Here are some of my art I have made recently! It is a big reason I am not painting all that many models. But atleast its painting. And I have learned that painting paintings helps me paint miniatures later, learning and getting better. And the same goes back from minis to paintings.

21022021022121022221022321022421022521022621022721 0228210229

Hope you like them hehe..

Oh and the last one is from 1995-1996 I think, I found it in a collection of old stuff. Nurgle it is!

Jormi_Boced
24-03-2015, 04:05
Your 2D work is nice as well.

Kaos
24-03-2015, 09:46
Thank you jormi!

Breazer
24-03-2015, 11:51
The bases do the knights lots of justce. I must say this log is a lot grimmer than your old one. so much chaotic and daemonic stuff... its all very impressive..
Keep updating and keep showing us good stuff.

Kaos
24-03-2015, 17:18
Thank you breaze! I'm not sure if it's true but maybe I'm going grittier. Maybe! Perhaps it's time for some wood elves soon to level it out lol.

Breazer
25-03-2015, 00:07
That would be a great balance

Kaos
21-06-2015, 22:56
Hi all! Been away from here for a long time. But have I been busy? Yes. I have painted alot of miniatures and banners!

Kaos
21-06-2015, 23:05
Miniatures, olden classics!
21565121565221565321565421565521565621565721565821 5659215660

Hope you like them and I post almost daily on my facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/jonaswideenminiatures

Will try and post more stuff here too. I have a lot on my plate, as they say. Anyway, I made a tutorial on how I paint banners and freehand if you are interested?

It is here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.865544850177256.1073741839.651949331536810&type=3

I can put the tutorial up here too if you want.

Kaos
21-06-2015, 23:10
Here you can see how I go about when I paint a banner. Feel free to share and ask questions, discuss!

I realize that much of how I paint banners are in the way I paint things. I do not think much when I paint, I just do. Basically I add rough sketches at first of how the image looks like in my head and then i push around some paint until it looks alright.

But there are some basics.

First of a quick sketch on some paper. And then for this time I cut out the banner from normal drawing paper. It sucks up the watered down paint guite good and becomes quit sturdy when finished.

I use watered down paint and let it soak into the paper a couple times, to get the pigments of the acrylics in there. This will create a durable and slightly rubbery piece of material to work with and you can shape it to some extent after your own will!

If you cut up the shape in more intricate designs or torn or such, you can bend and shape it more than just a rectangular and intact one. Some practice on this might be quite handy before creating your masterpiece.

Alright, lets start. First I sketch it up on the flag roughly where I want all the parts. In this case I went with a simple design(not so many details).
Now, I missed to take a pic between the start on the skull and rough finish, but the colors and technique is the same as the scroll thingie. Dark first, then highlight and the higher up you go in lightness you paint smaller and smaller details.

Now for the background and effects. Same here, go dark first, roughly where you want it and depending on what pattern/shapes you want. In this case I wanted a magic flow around the skull. Dark blue->Turqouise->Turq+white and so forth until pure white. The brighter the color, the smaller the details get. In this stage I added highligts around the skull and on the scroll/pennant and also darkened down areas, added more details. Mainly poking around fixing stuff.

Now we come to the text. I use thin paint first to put down roughly where the letters will land. Then its just a matter of filling them out and tweak them in. Here I used green and red to add around the edges(faintly) to add a slightly magical effect. And then trim them in with white around some parts of the letters to tighten it up.

I tore the banner a bit with a sculptingtool, then soaked it in watered down black a couple times to make it stiff. Then drybrushed/shaded with dusty colours. And then bent the flag a bit with my fingers and a brush. If you bent to hard or at a critical angle you will leave marks that look unnatural, so a bit of practice might be good here. If things go bad, sometimes you can bend it back and even flatten creases with the end of the brush or something else that is suitable.

And then the final stage where you poke around and add details or tighten stuff some more. And finished!

Cheers for looking and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. /Jonas

aku-chan
22-06-2015, 11:57
Those are some crazy freehand skills!

mrtn
22-06-2015, 12:07
Nice kaotic minis. :)

Kaiser_resiak
22-06-2015, 12:17
Uh, wow! :eek: thanks for doing the tutorial. I would very much like to see those banners added to some miniatures.

Kaos
23-06-2015, 09:36
Thank you all! Here is a wip! It's meant to be for a customer who wants it on his knight. Not much left on it! But I feel it lacks something. Hmm... 215751

Bob Hunk
23-06-2015, 10:34
Thank you all! Here is a wip! It's meant to be for a customer who wants it on his knight. Not much left on it! But I feel it lacks something. Hmm...

Stunning! :eek:

Kaos
23-06-2015, 12:02
Stunning! :eek:
Thanks Bob!

Daemonslave
24-06-2015, 22:19
Oh my god.... :eek:

bluewolf74727
25-06-2015, 19:46
Wow that is some really great painting there.

azhagmorglum
25-06-2015, 21:04
King of banners !

Breazer
25-06-2015, 22:02
Excellent looking banners. and love the old models...your frehands are amazing as always

Kaos
26-06-2015, 09:00
Thank you all, glad to see that this place still lives a bit!

I'm just about finished with the iron hands k Ightfield banner, just needs a bit of weathering and shaping and it's time for the next banner.

I also made a huge mistake with the knight banner, but I'll tell you all about that later with the picture!

Stay tuned!

Cheerrs/Kaos

Kaos
26-06-2015, 17:29
Well, there you go!

I got this comission to paint a knight banner for a iron hands knight.

The size made me rethink how I paint, since it's six times larger than a chapter Standard. But this turned out pretty good I think!

I made a big mistake though. I based the banner with a matt black, and then painted all the details, and outlined them with a more glossy black. This made it look weird irl. But, nothing bad that doesn't have anything good with it! I repainted the whole negative space and made it look better, and also weathered it.

As for details and layout I went for alot of details in a few areas. I could have added tons of details but I think that would have made a mess out of it all. The idea with a banner and heraldics are to have it visible from afar.

Anyway, hope you like it!

On to the next banner!

Cheers/kaos 215874

Kaos
27-06-2015, 22:35
I'll put this one up for scales.

ekxw
28-06-2015, 00:41
The best freehands i have ever see

Kaos
28-06-2015, 14:17
The best freehands i have ever see
Thanks alot! :-)

Kaos
30-06-2015, 15:55
Work in progress for another, yet smaller, iron hands banner! 216195

Kaos
02-07-2015, 15:44
Finished! What do you think? Does it work?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/02/1fae37092898c4c6856e224f2a2c0d63.jpg

Kaos
06-07-2015, 13:35
So, I tried to start up a bit of Warhammer fantasy action! The plan is to revive some of the chaos warriors and also start a new army of combined elves!

Here is the first dragon prince.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/06/a9b729d1000c11e7e2e61704b64348d5.jpg

Breazer
08-07-2015, 09:53
I cant wait to see what you'll do with the elf

Kaos
08-07-2015, 11:03
I'll give him some friends! But I'm thinking about colors. Hmm.. At the moment I'm thinking black, blue, turquoise on the high elves. Black, green, turquoise on the wood elves and the dark elves will get black, emerald green and turquoise. In my head it looks awesome.

Kaos
08-07-2015, 19:29
Goblin chariot banner for a customer. :-)

He wanted quite the specific looks on this one and the next! The goblin is based on Toadie from gummie bears haha!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/08/9217684038cf4a533dc40752f381ec6f.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/08/ac6489dd4b71c32283602975d3223620.jpg

Daniel36
09-07-2015, 07:54
Your bannerwork is really, really awesome! Great job!

Kaos
09-07-2015, 08:25
Your bannerwork is really, really awesome! Great job!
Thank you Daniel! It's ny favourite thing to paint! :-)

Zywus
09-07-2015, 11:52
Wow. Rarely have I seen such quality freehand banners.
Keep 'em coming.

Kisanis
10-07-2015, 03:11
You are amazing with the bannerwork. Absolutely amazing.

I always like seeing High Elves that aren't your normal light blue/white.