PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Storm of Chaos Campaign: Seeking Team Members

Phytrion
19-06-2013, 06:17
Hello Warseer!

My fellow members of the Outlanders Gaming Guild and I love to run warhammer campaigns - we usually run several in a year. And in honor of the 10 year anniversary of the original Storm of Chaos campaign next year, we are looking to recreate the great campaign. With the recent retcon removing all mentions of the Storm of Chaos (basically resetting the plot to right before the events), and the rather lackluster ending to the origianl campaign, we wanted to put on a globe-spanning fan recreation of the campaign. Since it is fan run, the outcome is totally up in the air. The Empire could be in ruins, Grimgor could actually kill Archaon ... who knows!

We are planning on kicking off the campaign in the summer of 2014. In the mean time, we want to prepare and do this right. We will release a fan made campaign pdf with the story, characters, map, special army lists, etc. We are going to have a dedicated website with daily updates, a manipulable map with different zones of battle, and the ability to log battles for your side in the campaign. We are working on a way for TOs to upload tournament and event results as well to encourage more participation. In short ... we want to make this a labor of love. We are talking to all the major websites and podcasts to help promote this and even working on getting sponsors to give away prizes to participants.

I'm posting right now because we need individuals interested in helping us update the special army lists from 10 years ago into 8th edition, and then thoroughly playtesting said lists. We don't want to make too much public yet until we have a good working product, so if you are interested please post here, or even better email me at RoyersT@gmail.com.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, post them here too!

Thanks!

Tim
www.bugeatergames.com
RoyersT@gmail.com

Phytrion
21-06-2013, 07:13
Update: I'm happy to say we have some heavy hitters helping us out with this one. We've got someone who has had work published in White Dwarf before, and Gav himself (the original Loremaster of the Storm of Chaos campaign) has graciously agreed to help us out with lore / story questions as we begin to forge our narrative. If you want to be a part of something great, let me know! We need more playtesters, and maybe one more person who'd be willing to do the leg work of updating one of the special army lists.

-Tim

selecta
21-06-2013, 08:16
Update: I'm happy to say we have some heavy hitters helping us out with this one. We've got someone who has had work published in White Dwarf before, and Gav himself (the original Loremaster of the Storm of Chaos campaign) has graciously agreed to help us out with lore / story questions as we begin to forge our narrative. If you want to be a part of something great, let me know! We need more playtesters, and maybe one more person who'd be willing to do the leg work of updating one of the special army lists.

-Tim

Great idea I first started daemons collecting with storms of chaos back with Beklor the dark master.

Rakariel
21-06-2013, 10:09
Man that sounds really great! Can`t wait for this to start :).

duffybear1988
21-06-2013, 10:28
A chance to play my Middenheim army again... count me in :D. I don't mind acting as a playtester if you need more. I have 15+ years of gaming experience and tournament play.

PM me if you like.

Djekar
21-06-2013, 13:39
I started Dark Elves because of the Cult of Slaanesh army. This is a dream come true for me.

IcedCrow
21-06-2013, 13:44
We use the storm of chaos lists still in our campaigns, modified to 8th ed.

duffybear1988
21-06-2013, 15:12
We use the storm of chaos lists still in our campaigns, modified to 8th ed.

Hey IcedCrow I would love to see the Middenheim army mods.

IcedCrow
21-06-2013, 15:18
Sure thing. Click on the link in my sig. Go to the events menu. Click on the tamurkhan event. The page that opens will have a files menu, you can click on that and pull the pdf.

duffybear1988
21-06-2013, 15:23
Thanks dude

IcedCrow
21-06-2013, 15:25
no problem, anytime.

Phytrion
22-06-2013, 15:43
When we get closer to playtesting we'll make sure to contact everyone who has expressed interest in playtesting. For now we are looking for a couple more folks that would be interested in designing lists with us. PM me or email me if you're interested!

Phytrion
24-07-2013, 04:52
Some updates for those interested in the project:

1) The website is live at http://www.stormofchaos.com

2) Our first wave of army lists are ready for testing. These lists are in "alpha" stage in that they have not been playtested yet, just examined by our team of guys for consistency and anything that appears so out of whack that we know right away it won't work. We are working on several more lists (e.g. Grimgor's 'Ard Boyz and Cult of Slaanesh)

3) If you're interested in the lists and playtesting them, go to the website and click on "Army List Testing." PLEASE use the feedback form after you play a game so we can gather the data and see how the lists play.

Thanks!

RainSong
25-07-2013, 20:25
Looks awesome! I've linked it from my site \/

Phytrion
26-07-2013, 05:57
Thanks!

We just posted what the theaters of war will be for the campaign and the basic info about the primary vs. secondary areas of fighting. Most of the details are being withheld because we want them to be revealed over time, but the basics are there for you take in :)

http://storm.bugeatergames.com/?page_id=18