PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Khorne 1200

rydhus
19-06-2013, 07:57
EDIT
Hi,
So I'm trying to create a hard hitting list of Khorne mortals.

V2:

295 Sorcerer Lord
MoN, Talisman of Preservation

218 Exalted Hero
Juggernaut, MoK, BsB, Shield, Poisonous slime

319 17 Warriors
shield, MoN, Full command

244 3 Skullcrusher
Ensorcelled weapons, Banner

120 Chariot
MoK

Total: 1196

3 units is a bit small, but the skullcrushers and chariot stay in flank of the warriors.
Comments and tips are welcome!

Azzaphox
19-06-2013, 08:01
Skullcrushers are very strong and fit well with the Khorne theme so do use them instead of the Dragon Ogres.
Why choose a steed for the sorceror? maybe use magic equipment instead?

rydhus
19-06-2013, 08:59
Thats why I want the BSB on a juggernaut, and i love those models. But i was wondering if it would be enough.
I like my sorcerer on a steed for manouverability. I could make him walk and put him into my unit of warriors, but I don't like him challenging a ogre character or so ;)

perhaps lore of metal and a cheaper horse? or items and in unit?...

philsnow
25-06-2013, 15:39
I would suggest finding points to at least add a banner to both the skullcrushers and and the warriors as every combat resolution point helps so you don't lose frenzy.

rydhus
26-06-2013, 20:13
Perhaps hou are right about the banners. I' m thinking of reducing the warriors to 15, add a banner and give the sorc a disc. Not sure yet. I can also make the unit of warriors 12 and add a chariot. Amy thoughts?

philsnow
26-06-2013, 20:34
I would stick with 15 Warriors but you would need to change your mark to tzeench to use the disc limiting you to metal or tzeench lores (i hate tzeench lore). The other issue is your general is really squishy. 3 wounds with just an armor and mount save (and 6+ ward if you go tzeentch) and no look out sirs is just asking to be archer fodder and that is 1/4 of your army +100 victory points. Unless you are tied to khorne, make your wars nurgle, drop 1, put your general unmounted in there and use the points for magic items, a full command on the warriors and a banner on the crushers. Also, do not discount the value of a champion with the warriors, you can put one of their characters in a challenge and soak up wounds for a round of combat or make an easy kill against their champion and buff your guy with eye of the gods

rydhus
03-07-2013, 09:12
I've redesigned my list a bit. First post with new list. Comments please :)

Odin
03-07-2013, 10:12
You seem to have accidentally picked a Sorcerer of Nurgle as the leader of your Warriors of Khorne army. Cut and paste error I assume?

rydhus
03-07-2013, 10:58
Nah redesign of the list. had a all khorne army exept Nurgle sorc. Now I put the sorc in the warrior unit, so i made it nurgle.
can't rename the thread