PDA

View Full Version : Terrorgheist VS saves against shooting.

I apologise if this thing is resolved forever ago, I couldn't find a definite answer.

Terrorgheist uses its Death Shriek attack against Balthasar Gelt, who has a 3+ Ward save against shooting attacks. Does Gelt get his Ward save or not?

-My interpretation, albeit possibly biased, was that Death Shriek is a special attack that comes with its own set of rules, instead of a normal shooting attack, so Gelt couldn't get his save.

-My opponent, on the other hand, thought that since the wounds from the Death Shriek are distributed as from shooting, it is a shooting attack and Gelt gets the save. I get the feeling he might have been correct on this one.

We ended up dicing it, but I'd like to hear some opinions from Warseer's rules experts. Thank you!

Valheru
20-06-2013, 20:19
I think the first is right as that's how it was played at the throne of skulls over the weekend...

Kayosiv
20-06-2013, 20:26
It is not a shooting attack. It is a ranged attack. It is a special attack that takes place in the shooting phase.

sorberec
20-06-2013, 20:38
since the wounds from the Death Shriek are distributed as from shooting, it is a shooting attack

Just because something is distributed in the same way as a shooting attack does not make it a shooting attack. e.g. Impact Hits are clearly not a shooting attack, you just work out who is hit by them in the same way.

What defines a "shooting attack" then? What is the main difference between a bow shot and a Terrorgheist scream that makes the former a shooting attack and the latter something else?

I tried to find some kind of definite answer from the rulebook, but I'm still stumped. What would be the simplest explanation?

theunwantedbeing
21-06-2013, 13:53
It's a special attack made in the shooting phase.
So no, it doesn't trigger wards that work vs shooting, as it isn't shooting.

Just because it happens in the shooting phase, it doesn't mean it's shooting. (silly I know)