PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Scenarios

sigmarus
24-06-2013, 15:57
I am curious as to what scenarios people have come up with for friendly play or have played in tournaments. I would like to compile many scenarios so when I run tournaments, I can have some ideas. I am looking for minor scenarios, not the crazy 'Ard Boyz scenarios, but feel free to post any ideas you have too!

For example, I recently played a scenario called magical flux. Each player rolls a D6 for each power and dispel dice that are generated each turn, and any rolls of a 1 are passed to your opponent. Bonus points for killing each enemy caster. This was a non-game breaking scenario, but made for a fun change of events.

tmarichards
24-06-2013, 22:44
My favourite scenarios to use are most definitely not the rulebook ones, I think they're awfully designed and poorly thought out. They *can* balance the game out a bit, but they do it in all the wrong ways so it only really balances it out a small amount, and even then just for a few armies.

I much prefer something along the lines of a Secret Mission that gives you a benefit for completing it, but isn't the be all and end all of the game. A series of tournaments that I really enjoy uses the following, each of which grants either Tournament Points or Victory points:

1. Kill the opponent's general.
2. Kill your opponent's most expensive unit.
3. End the game with 3 units (not including flyers, scouts or fast cav) in your opponent's deployment zone .
4. Kill >50% of your opponent's special and rare choices.
5. Control more forests than your opponent at the end of the game.
6. Control more hills than your opponent at the end of the game.

You start the tournament with all 6 available to you, and you have to play a different one at the start of each game so it adds a nice little bit of variety. This sort of system is of course open to abuse (it relies a fair bit on individual integrity, which sadly is a bit of an issue when it really shouldn't be in my experience), but by and large I really like them.

eagletsi1
26-08-2013, 03:08
Check my sig