PDA

View Full Version : Rules for gods?

Gus
27-06-2013, 04:49
If any of the gods of 40k had rules what would they be?

Hendarion
27-06-2013, 06:02
Gargantuan Creature with everything 10 in the profile and D-weapons. 2+ re-rollable invulnerable save, it will not die, deep strike, immune to fleshbane and everything that wounds on a fixed number only wounds it on a 6.
That question was serious?

MajorWesJanson
27-06-2013, 06:09
Roll a D6. Unless opponent's god is on the table, you win. If opponent's god on the table, you win on a 4+, otherwise they win.

MasterDecoy
27-06-2013, 06:23
Technicality the old ctan rules where rules for gods. ....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

solkan
27-06-2013, 06:48
Technicality the old ctan rules where rules for gods. ....

The old C-tan rules were for "Gods' toe nails that just happen to have a humanoid shape" according to the rationalizations employed across the rules. :)

Furiosa
27-06-2013, 08:28
Refer to Warhammer magic rules for Gork and Mork, Specifically the foot of Gork. Its a start for a gods rules.

Denny
27-06-2013, 12:45
Roll a D6. Unless opponent's god is on the table, you win. If opponent's god on the table, you win on a 4+, otherwise they win.

Also: if your god is Slaanesh you get to keep the other player's army.
If your god is Khorne you only get to keep the heads.
If your god is Tzeenetch you get to glue the contents of your bits box to any models you see fit.
. . . If your god is Nurgle I would suggest your opponent burns his army. Whilst wearing a mask. Then burn the mask.

Menthak
27-06-2013, 12:55
If you've read the rules for Primarchs. They're Demi gods. Demi means half. Double the Primarchs Stats and rules.

The logic isn't perfect but it's close.

Konovalev
27-06-2013, 13:12
If you've read the rules for Primarchs. They're Demi gods. Demi means half. Double the Primarchs Stats and rules.

You double any of the primarchs stats and a Reaver titan will still turn them paste without trouble. I don't think Titans are supposed to be able to compete with the gods.

I'd say the gods are un-statable. I'm really not sure what this thread was meant to accomplish?

Menthak
27-06-2013, 13:34
If you've read the rules for Primarchs. They're Demi gods. Demi means half. Double the Primarchs Stats and rules. And give them the Ethereal Rule from Warhammer Fantasy

I've edited it just for you Konovalev :D

csm
27-06-2013, 15:27
You would have to break the limit 10 in the stat line.

All stats would have to be at least 100.

I remember in the older daemons codex, skarbrand punched Khorne in his armour with a force that would have destroyed a small army, and it produced a tiny crack in Khorne's armour.

Khorne then proceeded to throw Skarbrand across a galaxy.

If you have seen Skarbrands statline (which has a few values of 10), you would know that a God with a statline of 10 is laughable.

I'd say Gods would have stat lines of at least 100 or so.

Sephillion
27-06-2013, 16:43
I don’t think that such beings translate well into game stats. I don’t doubt that very few things would be able to withstand a direct hit from Khorne, yet giving it simply an higher than 10 stat doesn’t feel right. I’d say you never need to roll, they always succeed what they try to do, and even Titans probably wouldn’t scratch them. I guess if they were to materialize in the galaxy, the combined fire of a whole fleet might do something… to their purely physical form. Anything less than that would be a scratch.

Marshal_Loss
27-06-2013, 17:16
Not even worth discussing

stainawarjar
27-06-2013, 23:00
If your army includes Khorne, you win.

If your army includes Tzeentch, you win unless your opponent's army includes Khorne. But at least you can claim you planned to lose.

If your army includes Nurgle, you win unless your opponent's army includes Khorne or Tzeentch.

If your army includes Slaanesh, you win unless your army includes Khorne, Tzeentch or Nurgle.

Karhedron
28-06-2013, 12:30
Trying to stat a god in 40K is not going to be productive. You might just as well climb onto the table and jump up and down on your opponent's army.

gwarsh41
28-06-2013, 20:32
You would have to break the limit 10 in the stat line.

All stats would have to be at least 100.

I remember in the older daemons codex, skarbrand punched Khorne in his armour with a force that would have destroyed a small army, and it produced a tiny crack in Khorne's armour.

Khorne then proceeded to throw Skarbrand across a galaxy.

If you have seen Skarbrands statline (which has a few values of 10), you would know that a God with a statline of 10 is laughable.

I'd say Gods would have stat lines of at least 100 or so.

Yeah, that is the current lore. Tzeentch whispered something to Skarbrand to get him all riled up against Khorne. When Khorne was not looking, skarbrand struck his will all of his power. It only opened a small chink in Khorn's armor. So Khorne literally choked the personality and thought out of Skarbrand (he grabbed skarbrand with one hand) until all that was left of Skarbrand was rage and hate. Then he threw Skarbrand so hard that he flew for 8 days and nights leaving horrible destruction in his wake. When he landed he created a great canyon and his wings were destroyed. It also mentions he was earthbound and exiled. So potential creation of the grand canyon?

So as for table top rules. When the god enters play he may strike the battlefield, destroying the gaming table and both armies. Units in reserve take 10+10D6 S10 ap1 fleshbane armorbane hits each. Survivors enter the game immediately and are destroyed as there is no table. (because I said so)

If there are other people playing warhammer 40k within 10 feet, their table suffers 3+D6 apocalyptic S10 AP1 apocalyptic blasts that scatter 3D6 from the points on the table specified on PG 58 of the "Wrath of the gods" expansion available on the website, your local store, and itunes for $399.99.

Col. Tartleton
29-06-2013, 01:25
M: -
WS: -
BS: -
S: -
T: -
W: -
I: -
A: -
LD: -
SV: -

They're not playable.

It's like asking what stats you should give Jesus in Flames of War. (Terrible if you were wondering.)

What are the Emperor's Stats? In the Flesh? Primarch Stats +1.

If you want the Chaos Gods on the board you'll have to take their Greater Daemons. If you want ___ then ____ etc.

Fawful
29-06-2013, 12:20
If you want to represent the chaos gods on the tabletop it might be an idea to just use certain effects. Like the effects from the warpstorm table in the daemons codex. It will be fairly likely that the chaos side has some options for similar effects in the new apocalypse book.

ViperGold
29-06-2013, 12:32
Also: if your god is Slaanesh you get to keep the other player's army.
If your god is Khorne you only get to keep the heads.
If your god is Tzeenetch you get to glue the contents of your bits box to any models you see fit.
. . . If your god is Nurgle I would suggest your opponent burns his army. Whilst wearing a mask. Then burn the mask.

Now THAT was funny...