PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Mutants, count as Orks

minionboy
27-06-2013, 17:07
As I've been expanding my Chaos Marines to the point of insanity, I've also decided that some Allies would be in order! I already have an Imperial Guard army, and I didn't particularly want to chaos them up, so I decided I'd go with the next best thing... ORKS! Now, I do like the ork rules and models, but it didn't feel right having a bunch of random greenskins rolling with my Black Legion, instead, I figured I'd have a massive roving band of Lost and the Damned style mutants!

Here are a few pics, but I've got a lot more on my blog: http://www.thediceabide.com/2013/06/40-wip-muties-count-as-orks/

AtmanAbecedarian
27-06-2013, 18:33
Really fun looking project, lots of kitbashing goodness :)
I loved LatD. Eye of Terror, those were fun days.
Can't wait for color!

childsoldier
27-06-2013, 21:16
Darn, I've just blue-tacked up a beastman that looks almost exactly the same as the centre model from the middle image (to use as a Penal Legion Custodian). Oh well, great minds and all that! Also looking forward to seeing how it progresses, looks like a nice start.

mrtn
27-06-2013, 22:40
Nice start, I like the "grots".

Cap'n Facebeard
27-06-2013, 23:44
These're awesome. I had a similar idea of making an army like this led by Fabius Bile.

Kyrios
28-06-2013, 08:27
Nice grots! I think that some models looks a bit too comical/strange with too samll heads. But if you like the look I say go for it

Nehemiah
29-06-2013, 03:14
Nice bit smashing work. I particularly like the Boss.

Brother Alexos
29-06-2013, 06:50
I was wondering when the next mutant project would pop up! If you would like any inspiration or tips on Mutant building LatD style, go to the Dakkadakka forum Galleries and look up my profile on there named Brotheralexos. I have uploaded the WD article from the Eye of Terror campaign that was a workshop on building mutants. Hope it helps.

minionboy
02-07-2013, 00:20
I was wondering when the next mutant project would pop up! If you would like any inspiration or tips on Mutant building LatD style, go to the Dakkadakka forum Galleries and look up my profile on there named Brotheralexos. I have uploaded the WD article from the Eye of Terror campaign that was a workshop on building mutants. Hope it helps.

Oh wonderful thanks for that!

I just got started on my second Trukk, a bit less low-rider than the previous one... Kinda thinking the driver should look a bit like rat fink.