PDA

View Full Version : A quick is this acceptable/conversion question

PrivateLucky
27-06-2013, 17:59
This is a follow up to this thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?374221-Converting-Reavers-to-Guardian-Jetbikes-Singing-Spears

Now I am converting DE reavers to eldar jetbikes, but the problem so far is that it is hard to find shuriken catapults bits. Especially windrider jetbike ones or even regular guardian catapults. If it were one or two I would suck it up and drop the ten bucks for some catapults. But I need 94 of them for 47 jetbikes.

Now I understand I am already stretching the limits of counts-as/conversion but would it be acceptable if I trim some spiky bits off, paint the dark eldar splinter rifles green (to represent poison) and the eldar ones red (to represent the mini-rending, such as a red hot splinter gun, like mini plasma).

Anyways the guns are barely noticeable when underslung either eldar or dark eldar jetbikes, as long as I make it clear which ones are eldar and which ones are dark eldar right? It's not like I'm trying to rationalize a net list, just an all jetbike army that I have always dreamed of playing.

For example, below is a shining spear. The reavers and eldar jetbikes will be easy to tell apart once painted.

So what do you think?

spaghettyhoop
27-06-2013, 18:27
It wouldnt bother me, but im really easy going.

Thats litterally just a dark eldar jetbike though, with a wych/scourge spear. No matter how its painted id struggle to assume thats a shining spear.

Depulsor
27-06-2013, 18:32
This is a follow up to this thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?374221-Converting-Reavers-to-Guardian-Jetbikes-Singing-Spears ...
So what do you think?

Well... ppl have done worse... and I think noone will blame you for not buying the "where-are-the-new-sculpts-you-basterds?"-eldar-jetbikes.

That said, the more modified the "count-as"-model is, the better. And so while its certainly accepable, its nothing that good either.
Its like that marine player, which says: "Red bolters are meltas and blue bolters are plasmaguns... they have special ammo you know" Its ok, I guess, but well... lets say, there is still a lot of room for improvement. :p

Sir Didymus
27-06-2013, 19:46
Your money, your choice. Should anyone object, then just be happy that you won't have to play those guys.

Ambience 327
28-06-2013, 16:31
Add some shuriken ammo magazines to your conversions for good measure. I know I have a bunch of them lying around because I don't like the way they look on the Guardian models, so you might be able to get them fairly cheap from people like me.

(Drop me a PM if this idea appeals to you and you are in the US.)

Mandragola
28-06-2013, 16:41
I think you could be in difficulty if you have two of the same thing counting as two different things. It could confuse people - not least the colourblind. They tend to struggle to tell the difference between green and red!

TheDoctor
28-06-2013, 17:04
Having to keep track of what counts as what based on the color of the gun for 47 jetbikes will prove quickly tiresome for any opponent.

As for your "shining spear"- have you thought about using the tips of bright lances for the business end? It makes it look different, and it looks like you could actually shoot it.

I had found this cool picture about a month ago, help it gives you some ideas for your stuff. I think the guy used green stuff to smooth out the canopy? That or plasticard.

PrivateLucky
28-06-2013, 17:23
As for your "shining spear"- have you thought about using the tips of bright lances for the business end? It makes it look different, and it looks like you could actually shoot it.

I am going to cut the tip of the wych spear off and replace it with a shaved down and sharped custom necron color rod to look like a crystal/laser tip.

They look like this, albeit a lot less blurry: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Necron-Red-Rods-x10-bits-parts-/181163995463?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2a2e373147