PDA

View Full Version : Drain Magic vs Skaven Storm Banner

English 2000
30-06-2013, 12:25
I don't have access to the Skaven book so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Does Drain Magic stop the Storm Banner? Not sure that I have the right name.... Is the one that stops flying and creates negative modifiers for shooting.

Mr_Rose
30-06-2013, 13:10
Maybe? What unit does the banner affect?

Artiee
30-06-2013, 15:13
I would not believe so. It effects the whole battle field. It doesn't target units as a Hex or Augment.

danny-d-b
30-06-2013, 17:56
No you can't drain magic the storm banner as its not a hex or an augment

however you could cast arcane unforging and destroy it that way

English 2000
30-06-2013, 19:13
No you can't drain magic the storm banner as its not a hex or an augment

however you could cast arcane unforging and destroy it that way

Arcane Unforging only works on one use items before they are used so it won't work if the Skaven get the first turn. Or am I wrong there since the banner is technically still going until they fail the roll to keep it going?

Artiee
30-06-2013, 23:08
As noted on the Folding Fortress, you can only unforge it before its used. Based on that, I would you can only unforge it before its used.

Caelir
01-07-2013, 01:25
I also have a question about drain magic vs skaven. they have a spell to make you -1T for the rest of the game, would drain magic take away that effect? why or why not? thanks

FatTrucker
01-07-2013, 03:23
No, Wither isn't a remains in play spell, its a permanent effect. If it goes off it can't be dispelled or removed in later turns.

bigbiggles
01-07-2013, 06:01
That's what makes it scary

Mr_Rose
01-07-2013, 06:55
No, Wither isn't a remains in play spell, its a permanent effect. If it goes off it can't be dispelled or removed in later turns.

Drain magic does more than dispel RiP spells, or it wouldn't be worth casting. What we don't know is if "for the rest of he game" is a limited duration for the purposes of DM, which would mean it could delete the effects of spells like Wither and the Nurgle lore attribute.

Mr_Rose
01-07-2013, 06:59
Arcane Unforging only works on one use items before they are used so it won't work if the Skaven get the first turn. Or am I wrong there since the banner is technically still going until they fail the roll to keep it going?

The storm banner isn't one-use-only though… at least, it isn't printed as such and I can't find any errata to that effect.

Lord Solar Plexus
01-07-2013, 07:26
It should still be treated as such for AU as it works the same.

Arcane Unforging only works on one use items before they are used so it won't work if the Skaven get the first turn.

It won't work regardless of who goes first. In fact, it would be folly to unfurl it on the Skaven player's turn and mess with his own shooting as well as have a chance to go offline on the HE player's turn.

Flame
01-07-2013, 18:35
The storm banner isn't one-use-only though… at least, it isn't printed as such and I can't find any errata to that effect.

It's in the FAQ.