PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Formations:

theDarkGeneral
01-07-2013, 22:23
OK the count down is on!!!!

In 10 days we'll all be able to ooooohhhhh and ahhhhhh over the New Apocalypse set, dice, templates, etc., etc. But for myself and my gaming club in particular we're truly excited for new/altered Formations!!!! Thus far most of the minor changes have been expanding the types of models available to create the Formation. A great example is the Obliterator Cult of Destruction. Before it was 3 squads of 3 minimum...now you can add Mutilators! And the impressively powerful Living Fortress now gets to add Hive Guard to the Tyrant Guard!!!! (don't forget all the Hive Tyrants!)

Anyways...here's a current list of Apoclaypse Formations I've been running...wondering what everyone else is using???

*Tide of Spawn (16 spawn/20 chaos marines)
*Warp Rift (4 bloodthirsters and 4 squads of 16 bloodletters)
*Armoured Spearhead (3 land raiders)
*Line Breaker Squadron (4 vindicators)
*Predator Assasination Formation (8 predators)
*Lords of the Black Crusade (abaddon, 4 chaos lords, 8 terminators)
*The Hounds of Huron (huron on bike, 5 squads of 8 bikers)
*Doombringer Annhilation Force (1 chaos lord, 4 squads of 8 terminators)
*Slaughterfiend Bloodpack (3 close combat defilers)
*Cult of Destruction (15 Obliterators)
*Host of the Daemon Forge (4 soul grinders)
*Skulltaker's Cohort of Blood (skulltaker & 8 units of 8 bloodletters)
*Karanak's Hunt (karanak & 8 units of 8 fleshounds)
*Dreadclaw Talon (4 dreadclaws w/8 chosen each)
*Daemon Engine Summoning (4 brass scorpions)
*Ancients Assault Force (1 warpsmith, 8 hellbrutes)
*Uraka's Head-hunters (Uraka, 1 Herald, 4 units of 16 bloodletters, 2 units of 8 bloodcrushers)
*Chaos Conclave (Fabius Bile, 8 daemon princes, 9 units of 8 terminators)
*Damnator's Assault Force (8 hellbrutes)
*Maelstrom of Gore (chaos lord, 8 units of 16 berzerkers)
*Angron Daemon Prince Primarch (angron w/12 bloodthirsters)
*Bloodthirster Bloodbath (8 bloodthirsters)
*Defiler Assault Force (3 shooty defilers)
*The Brotherhood of Blood (kharn, herald, 4 units of 16 berzerkers, 4 units of 16 bloodletters)
*Outriders of the Brazen Host (2 bloodthirsters, 2 daemon princes, 1 unit 8 flesh hounds, 4 units of 8 bloodcrushers)
*World Eaters Devourere Cadre (unofficial-1 chaos lord, 8 units of 8 terminators)

Ozendorph
01-07-2013, 22:40
I don't use many formations typically, but I have fielded "Uraka's Head Hunters" several times, to great effect. I've also used --hopefully got these names right, been a while-- "The Emperor's Talon" (shed-load of Sentinels) and "The Emperor's Hammer" (Leman Russ chassis). My brother built his Crimson Fists force specifically for Apoc, and he fields the Masters of the Chapter and the Land Raider Spearhead...it's a dramatic force and looks fantastic on the table.

Wiseman
02-07-2013, 00:20
Battle Company
5x Deathwing Redemption Force of 4 squads
Might of Ancients (dreadnought and techmarine)
Armoured Spearhead
Thunderhawk

2x Warhound Titans
2x Baneblades
Heavy Weapons Company

Harridan
Carnifex Mycetic Assault
Endless Swarm
Living Fortress

are the ones i can remember off hand at least, im sure theres the zoanthrope one as well ive got at home, will check later on.

MajorWesJanson
02-07-2013, 00:58
Just off-hand-
SM Battle Company
SM 1st Company
Emperor's Shield Guard Company
Steel Fury Baneblade Company
Shadowsword
Warhound Titan
Reaver Titan
Stompa
Dred Mob
Green Tide
Tigershark AX-1-0
Armored Interdiction Cadre
Skysweep Defense force

Ghazbad_Facestompa
02-07-2013, 06:05
From the looks of it, all I can do right now is the Kabalite Web Strike. Haven't been able to use Formations in Apocalypse before.

theDarkGeneral
02-07-2013, 20:12
Some VERY impressive Formations thus far! Wiseman has a nice spread amongst Imperials and Tyranids! MajorWesJanson has an incredibly large Imperial force along with Tau (allies?) and da' Orks! Ozendorph, yes Uraka's Head-hunters is a very good Formation and fun! Ghazbad_Facestompa, it's one Formation at a time brotha!

Nomrana Est
02-07-2013, 21:10
Here's what I can certainly bring to the table, just haven't done so in a long time.

Battle Company (Full 5th Company)
Masters of the Chapter (All in TDA)
Armoured Spearhead (Mk.II, Achilles, Redeemer)
Linebreaker Squadron (3 Vindicators)

Could probably field some Tau formations, although I'd have to look at the new book and my collection to see what's there.

*EDIT* Also an unnamed Baneblade.

Ozendorph
02-07-2013, 21:13
If we're counting super heavies as formations, I suppose I've got a bunch more (I was just thinking of the troop/vehicle formations)

Eldar
Warlock Titan
Lynx

Imperial
Baneblade
Macharius Vulcan
Malcador Defender
Warhound
Reaver (x2)
Deathstrike Launcher (forgot that deal)

Chaos
Brass Scorpion
Cauldron of Blood
Scabiathrax

I'd love to have Angrath, but a friend of mine has one and insists I borrow his whenever we play apoc, so it'd be a hard purchase to justify, even by 40K standards. I've got another Reaver stashed away, haven't decided what to do with it yet...it'll most likely turn to the Dark Gods or get traded for a mess of other stuff. I figure to add a Lord of Skulls soon (cannot resist).

Inquisitor Kallus
02-07-2013, 21:16
I've got another Reaver stashed away, haven't decided what to do with it yet...it'll most likely turn to the Dark Gods or get traded for a mess of other stuff. I figure to add a Lord of Skulls soon (cannot resist).

Wooooot!! Reaver battle company?

Ozendorph
02-07-2013, 21:29
Wooooot!! Reaver battle company?

Yeah when I started collecting the titans I was fixated on having three Reavers (I recall a "Reaver Battle Group" from an old WD battle report consisting of 3 titans...not sure if that is even a thing in Epic, or if it was just a nice piece of writing for the mag).

Inquisitor Kallus
02-07-2013, 21:31
Yeah when I started collecting the titans I was fixated on having three Reavers (I recall a "Reaver Battle Group" from an old WD battle report consisting of 3 titans...not sure if that is even a thing in Epic, or if it was just a nice piece of writing for the mag).

Yes, it is originally from epic

Ozendorph
02-07-2013, 21:46
Yes, it is originally from epic

Mmm. I may have to sack up and complete this project. Can't go around with 2/3rds of a battle group.

Wiseman
02-07-2013, 23:46
Got home from work last night and had a look, found
another battle company,
*devastator company
*the masters of the chapter as well all in the bits box, now got an excuse to build them,
*ravenwing formation on the website,
*predator assassin squad

VanHel
03-07-2013, 06:50
Off the top of my head I can run:
Leman Russ Tank Company
Imperial Guard Infantry Company
Titan Demi Legion
Space Marine Battle Company
Rough Rider Company

I'd probably do an Ogryn Auxillira if I knew it would be in the next book.