PDA

View Full Version : Field Promotion - How have you modelled yours?

BattleofLund
02-07-2013, 19:37
As the title says: I'm thinking of the WoC Daemonhood event here. The newly minted Daemon will be equipped in ways the Standard Prince might not: for example, a Daemon of Marauder origin won't have Chaos Armour or Wings, but possibly a flail - while, conceivably, a Warrior Gone Prince could have two hand weapons and armour plating.

Are people dedicated enough to spend time et al on making several 'correct' Prince options? One generic for all promotions? Or do you feel that your regular Prince is sufficient?

And along that line of reasoning, is the Daemonhood eventuality something you feel is worth planning for? Personally, I've played with the new book almost every weekend since it came out, and I don't even bring my Prince with me anymore. I normally won't bother with a War Shrine, and my opponents simply will not enter challenges (except with 1+/4++ protection and/or Dragonriders).

Lord Solar Plexus
03-07-2013, 05:55
Uh, I don't even have a regular Demon Prince, so the issue is moot for me.

m1acca1551
03-07-2013, 06:52
As withe everything it is a personal choice depending on your level of involvement In the hobby.

Some people I know will have a warriors DP, a marauder prince or even if they proxy beats men as marauder, a very bestial looking DP. As a hobbyist first, gamer second i love seeing this on the field.

My empire halberd regiment once killed a dragon, so I gave the unit a new banner featuring the feat, I know of one gamer long finished with the hobby used to enjoy placing the dates of each game that ended in a victory on the BSB, looked amazing... Even though there wasn't many dates on there :p

snyggejygge
03-07-2013, 07:57
I have a normal daemonprince to use for gaming & the old Sauron model slightly converted to use as a daemonprince when a character reaches daemonhood.

Luigi
03-07-2013, 08:46
So far i have promoted none of my dwarfs but i did retrograded one longbeard champion to a regular troop after losing a challenge against a night goblin champion