PDA

View Full Version : We have become lost. An Eldar Blog

Brotheroracle
03-07-2013, 15:22
Our Craftworld sails the heavens no more, like so much else in the universe it has been destroyed and forgotten.

Survivors of a great calamity, only to suffer a second death. We fled again from the home we had made, and this time with even less hope of recovery.

Kin, dark as night came to aid us when we thought we were doomed. A hollow rescue it seems, for they have damned us, tainted us, and changed us. The nobility we once possessed is gone now. Vicious scavengers is all we are, bleeding the galaxy to survive.

Khaine's disciples; the few we have left, they only embody the aspect of murder anymore. I can see only blood and fire in their futures.

Was it worth it? Would it have been better if we were gone and forgotten? The runes are silent on this matter, they only show the way down into blood and madness....

- Translated from Eldar runes writ in blood on the wreck of the merchant ship Queen of Hope

[INQ-LOG/733-4: Genotyping finds the blood to be exclusively from the captain of the vessel, though the extent of the writing would have taken more then twice the amount normally found in the human body. No trace of the crew found, minimal damage to the ship indicates they surrendered; the reward of cowardice clearly.]

/end fluff
Some work in progress stuff.

Brotheroracle
03-07-2013, 20:44

Some more in progress shots while I wait for paint to dry. I've got five more reavers I can convert into either
This is going to be part of the Eldar half of my DE/CWE army I'm blending allot of DE parts into the CWE models because A: I like the aesthetics B: This is a force based on a corsair fleet that is closer to the DE side of things.

I'm thinking of running the first Reaver with lance as an Autarch with jetbike (obviously) laser lance and mantle of the laughing god for 2+ rerollable cover save fun... so that would leave 5 more guys that could be:
a: 5 Shining Spears OR
b: 1 jetlock with spear and 4 windriders with one cannon OR
c: 1 Farseer on bike with 5 shining spears (counting the one I built) OR
d; 3 Shining spears and 3 windriders with one cannon

I haven't quite decided on what to do yet though I'm leaning towards b, also with option b the four windrider's guns on the bikes would be magnetized so they could be swapped back and forth.

Brotheroracle
06-07-2013, 18:50
Updates!
Trying to make the lance look like its crystalline.... needs more work
In progress...

Brotheroracle
07-07-2013, 19:29
Here are some shots of my Dark Eldar / Eldar collection so far. All is still in some form or another WIP, some of this was started back in 5th, but abandoned because it was easier to transport marines around. Don't have the best lighting/camera skills so sorry my photos kinda suck.
Group shot
Warriors
My 5th Edition Archon, not sure if he'll see much use.
Wyches
Venom
Raiders
Ravager
Another group shot.