PDA

View Full Version : [arxhon's news] Because you missed it, admit it

arxhon
21-03-2005, 14:26
Vivienne, an interactive companion accessible on powerful, "third-generation" cell phones, was recently introduced by the Hong Kong company Artificial Life as a high-maintenance, video-image "girlfriend" who goes on dates with you, kisses, speaks six languages, converses on 35,000 topics, accepts flowers and diamonds, and may even marry you (though you also acquire a troublesome mother-in-law). Vivienne so far is prudish (no nudity, no sex), owing to Artificial Life's aim at marketing in modest cultures, but she will appear in Europe and some U.S. cities by the end of this year (at about $6 a month plus airtime). Said one Hong Kong video game player, characterizing Vivienne for the New York Times, "It's a little bit for the losers." [New York Times, 2-24-04]

Source (www.newsoftheweird.com )

All i know is, i know people who can't converse on 35 topics, let alone 35'000. AI: 1, people: 0

Alekenisis
21-03-2005, 14:41
A little bit for the losers...?!

:)

Oh well. I suppose it's not too hard to imagine that SMS you just received came from a real person. Sad...but representative of the insular, techno-driven culture we're moving into, eh? Vive la progress... :rolleyes: :p

m1s1n
21-03-2005, 14:51
And somehow being married to a portable electronic device seems like a happy marriage to me. . .

Frankly, if the person gets tired of the "no-nudity" clause inserted into the cell-phone jibe, well there's always the vibrate setting.

Missed you arxhon.

Wolflord Bloodangel
21-03-2005, 14:59
Haha, quite bizarre. But no stranger than those girls that sell fake 'long distance relationships' to people over ebay.

arxhon
21-03-2005, 15:12
Missed you arxhon.
*feels al warm and fuzzy* :cool:

Missed you too, mang. :)

AmericanBear
21-03-2005, 16:07
I heard about that a few months ago, not sure if it was the same thing but it was very similar.

Kaoslord
22-03-2005, 21:07
And somehow being married to a portable electronic device seems like a happy marriage to me. . .

A lot of modern women seem to have a relationship with a pocket sized machine, why not the guys....