PDA

View Full Version : Subject to Stupidity

SimaoSegunda
05-07-2013, 20:51
So, I tried a couple of searches for this, and I couldn't find anything about it, so if anybody has a link to an answer, please let me know. Here goes...

If you have an ability that causes an enemy unit to be "subject to stupidity in it's next turn" (i.e. A Befuddlement of Mischiefs from the Wood Elf book), does this mean that the unit has to test for stupidity in it's next turn, or is it treated as though it had failed such a test? Because it seems like it's one of the few ways to stop a Slaan from slaughtering my poor walking trees.

Thanks for any help!

theunwantedbeing
05-07-2013, 21:08
As per the stupidity rules in the book
Models that are subject to Stupidity....blah blah
Provided that they are not engaged in close combat, a unit that contains one or more models with the Stupidity rule must try to overcome it's Stupidity...blah blah

So units affected still have to test.
At least you save a few points and a power dice each turn by not bothering with the Befuddlement of Mischiefs spite :)

The most effective way to deal with a Slann using wood elves is by Dwellering him.

SimaoSegunda
05-07-2013, 21:13
Thank you for the speedy answer! My confusion arises from the fact that other entries (eg. Dragontooth Arrows) say "suffers from the rules for stupidity", and Mischiefs doesn't say the unit or any models gain the stupidity rule, it says they are "subject to stupidity".

But I accept your answer. I'll stick to Hagbane Arrows and the Hunter's Talon to try and deal with that Slaan!

Cheers again.

HighbornOnForestDragon
05-07-2013, 23:17
If you're planning on firing the Hagbane Arrows onto the Slaan using the Hunter's Talon, that doesn't work. As Hagbane Arrows are "Magic Arrows" and the rules for the Hunter's Talon say that "If firing non-magical arrows the wielder of this longbow may target any model it can see...". Just in case you weren't aware.

SimaoSegunda
06-07-2013, 00:09
Dash it all to heck, I hadn't read that bit properly. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.