PDA

View Full Version : best internet stores in the UK?

abdulaapocolyps
10-07-2013, 11:22
Hi all. I was wondering if you guys can recommend a decent online shop. I used Wayland for a while but got bummed out when they lied to me for about two months about a big order which they SWORE had been sent, only to eventually tell me a good deal of the order was out of production now I just tried Mythreal games and haven't got my minis at all. I've tried to contact them for over a month and they simply ignore me. I've written this order off, but am really looking for somewhere reliable to get models in the UK.my main source could end up being EBay, at least you can give them negative reviews if they rob you and PayPal is your friend in situations like this! Any advice?

MLP
10-07-2013, 11:40
OGgames is pretty decent. I've used them a few time.

Elementgames and firestormgames I've heard are also decent. But I've not used them personally.

eBay is normally good for deal too as the delivery is pretty reliable.

The Ape
10-07-2013, 11:56
Troll trader is very good. Total wargamer was a bit slower than I'd have liked but cheap. Gifts for geeks is alright as well. My current fave tho is troll trader - he's got a store on eBay, a website and an actual shop in Truro.

Rakariel
10-07-2013, 12:25
Well thats a rare topic where I have to admit that GW itself is pretty darn good. No matter that their prices are mostly ridicolous their customer service regarding lost shipments has always been superb (called them, they emediately sent out a replacement via express mail).

As for your question I can`t really give you any better alternative than Wayland. If they don`t have something in stock after ordering it I atleast got the money back fairly quickly everytime. This is far better than not getting your money back (like it happened with maelstrom games some time ago). Elementgames seems solid but I don`t have any personal experience with them (just heard it from someone else).

huitzilopochtli
10-07-2013, 12:32
I used elementgames to get some eldar last month. They immediately split my order and sent what they could when they were short on stock. Everything arrived in good time and shipping was very reasonable.

tmarichards
10-07-2013, 12:46
Element Games is the best in my opinion, with often a 24 hour turnaround between placing the order and you receiving it in the post. OG is good, the advantage there being that I play at the OG games club in Wandsworth so I can collect my stuff rather than have it posted to me.

BigbyWolf
10-07-2013, 12:48
There is a thread discussing Total Wargamer in Random Musings, based on the info there I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I've had bad experiences with the three orders I've placed with Wayland, but they've always been resolved in the end and from other reviews they seem to be one of the better bets.

eBay is where I get most of my stuff these days, but that's probably because I buy a lot of OOP things. Regardless, I've not have any issues with any buying or selling on eBay so can recommend that as a good place to go. If you look carefully you can get some terrific bargains on there.

BaSe
10-07-2013, 12:52
Mythereal & total Wargamer are the same company. I've had issues with them & will never use again. If you bought GW stuff complain to GW, they will help you get a refund off them. They did with me anyway.

Og Games or Element Games are the best IMHO.

Sappysid101
10-07-2013, 13:30
I can recommend Dark Sphere, cheap and fast :) (I've also had poor experiences with Wayland)

- Sid

OPULENCE
10-07-2013, 13:34
I just had a really good order from Element games, they seem to have a better live stock system than others. My order was dispatched within about two days (I ordered on the weekend), they have a flat postage rate and give you reward points. I used to always recommend Wayland, but got sick of waiting times and items being removed from my order without them contacting me so won't use them again.

SkawtheFalconer
10-07-2013, 13:48
I've done several orders with Mythreal/Total Wargamer. It's cheap, but ultimately not worth the hassle due to slowness of order. My final order with them didn't arrive for two and a half months, so I asked for a refund. They didn't manage to get that organized for two weeks either. To be avoided, IMO.

ac4155
10-07-2013, 13:51
I use Dark Sphere, though the postage does cost quite a bit and can offset the savings. Never had any problems with orders though. Plus it's nice when at Uni though and I can just go into the shop.

lilloser2010
10-07-2013, 14:01
I love Firestorm. Really professional group of guys. Had a problem solved in no time flat and they do a huge range of miniatures.

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/

Hawk8304
10-07-2013, 16:58
Can't recommend Element Games highly enough. Placed an order for some High Elves and a few paints etc on Saturday evening, was dispatched Monday and with me by 11 am Tuesday morning. I've used both Triple Helix Wargames and Total Wargamer in the past and both have been incredibly slow and still trying to get a refund from Total Wargamer for a cancelled order. I think all my future purchases will be via Element Games.

Metacarpi
10-07-2013, 21:09
I can't praise Element Games enough, had nothing but excellence from them

MLP
10-07-2013, 21:40
Also with OG games you can get monthly discount codes if you listen to baddice or tale of four geeks podcasts. Normally an extra 5% off or similar which is pretty good when most things are 20% off anyway. And postage is cheap.

kefkah
10-07-2013, 22:31
Total Wargamer= Big no, unless you like to wait.

I do though like wayland games, made about 4 orders so far, 1 went out right away almost, 2 in the 2-week time and one of the package was almost in the timespan of 2 months so it feels a little like roulett tbh.

Edit: The one with 2 months was a order around 300 pound, got delayed since my gs9 tape measure was not in.....smart?.

Commisar
10-07-2013, 23:27
Try http://www.wargamestore.com/ Not as cheap as others, but they wont keep you waiting like some.

Nubl0
11-07-2013, 05:34
I use wayland, darksphere and element games. Of the three I would put darksphere and element games on par with each other. They are both fast with good prices and will communicate with you if you have any questions. Wayland on the other hand is much bigger and carries a larger assortment of stuff, however I have found them to be slightly inconsistent at times, you will always get your item but sometimes it could take a week and other upto their limit of 4 weeks. That said they are largely reliable and I think they are the only ones who do sales of upto 30% at times. Element games also do sweet bundles for certain armies, oh and darksphere have a nice shop in London if you're ever about in the area, very nice guys.

Your pretty safe with any of those three imo. Also bad luck with going to mythreal, terrible service.

abdulaapocolyps
11-07-2013, 07:40
Brilliant!thanks guys. I've been pestering to cancel my order with Mythreal for AGES, they just ignore me.. I'll have a look at these and continue to spread the bad word about TWG and Mythreal!

mrtn
11-07-2013, 10:20
I've used Firestorm once and got very good and fast service. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Kahadras
11-07-2013, 16:46
I've used Wayland Games in the past. I've never had any problems with them but I've had friends who have. Recently I've switched to Element Games and they've been fantastic so far.

Kahadras

Promethius
11-07-2013, 17:09
Troll trader is very good. Total wargamer was a bit slower than I'd have liked but cheap. Gifts for geeks is alright as well. My current fave tho is troll trader - he's got a store on eBay, a website and an actual shop in Truro.

Troll trader was a revelation when he opened down here. He doesn't sell GW but probably because he is about three doors away. A really nice, big shop with loads of gaming space, the staff don't bother you and are pleasant. Compared to the tiny GW with the same models in the cabinet for years and I can't go in without being ambushed. If troll trader started selling GW, GW Truro would be sunk.

I've been using dark spehre recently and they are cheap and quick. Downside is you pay postage so worth saving up a big order

HereComesTomorrow
11-07-2013, 17:52
Another vote for Element Games. Take about 3 days to deliver to Ireland, which impressive as I live in the middle of nowhere and the Irish postal service is awful.

Even with €6 shipping added on all my orders still come out to about €10 cheaper than GW, but that probably because GW cannot into currency conversion.

MR. GRUMPY
11-07-2013, 20:01
Ordered from Waylander twice over to Sweden. Quite big orders with free-shipping from the codes they hand out time to time. I recived one within 1 week which was very surprising the other one took about one and a half month but considering what I saved it was well-worth it.

stryperred
11-07-2013, 22:15
Darksphere has been head and shoulders above everyone else i have to say!!

Morkmillian
12-07-2013, 01:48
darksphere are good

mythreal suck so bad.
i to could not get in contact with them.
took about 2 months but the order finally came.

Lantern
12-07-2013, 09:11
I'll throw my vote in for www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk . Before the Eldar book came out, they had great pre-order offers on. My brother got the WraithKnight for £50 (roughly), and the Eldar flyer for £30. Even without pre-order discounts, they have great prices on lots of GW models. Right now, the Khorne Lord of Battle is £76. Bargain (comparatively speaking)

boli
12-07-2013, 09:35
Total Wargammer *can* be worth it is you want "new and cheap"; but be prepared to wait 2+ months and sending a support ticket in every week / few days as they are forever out of stock... but they do eventually show up.

So.... start sorting those Christmas presents out NOW ;)

Kuroneko
12-07-2013, 14:48
I've ordered a heckava lot of stuff from Firestorm, and have always been impressed with their quick turnaround and all round excellent service. Okay, so 10% isn't the biggest discount out there, but i've never had stuff that was in stock take more than 2 days to get to me. I'd rather have the toys in my grubby little hands than wait for weeks/months from other companies.

The_Lemon
12-07-2013, 21:11
I have used Darksphere several times and never had any problem at all with them, prices are cheap too.

Spider-pope
13-07-2013, 11:38
I've used Triple Helix several times, only ever had one problem with them - a Warmachine mini didn't have it's card - and they biked a replacement to me at no further charge.

Total Wargamer on the other hand is abysmal. The only way you ever get a reply to a query as to when they will ever bother to dispatch your item is if you complain publicly on Facebook. What makes it particularly galling is the fact they take payment in advance of dispatch, so they've had their cash for months before you actually get the item. Avoid.

stryperred
13-07-2013, 16:51
darksphere are good

mythreal suck so bad.
i to could not get in contact with them.
took about 2 months but the order finally came.

Yep totally terrible on line store avoid like the plague!!

Wicksy
14-07-2013, 14:50
Mythreal and total wargamer are the same people. A bunch of ripoff merchants as far as my experiences go. I ordered from them, they sent nothing and all attempts at contact went ignored. So i went through paypal and got my money back. I'd suggest the same thing. Dont wait too long or Paypal wont do it, then you're screwed.

I use triple helix gaming. Very good people to deal with. I have used Wayland and Darksphere and had great service from them yet my flat mate has had a terrible time with them. I think he's just cursed personally.

My vote would be triple helix followed by Wayland and dark sphere and never, ever touch Mythreal/total wargamer.

Ohman
16-07-2013, 11:06
So Mythreal and Total Wargamer are the same? I was wondering how Mythreal had gotten hold of my email...

I use Waylands most of the time, never had any trouble. I also do small orders at Caliver Books, great place when you just want to order a box/blister/paintpot or two.

The Ape
16-07-2013, 17:45
Troll trader was a revelation when he opened down here. He doesn't sell GW but probably because he is about three doors away. A really nice, big shop with loads of gaming space, the staff don't bother you and are pleasant. Compared to the tiny GW with the same models in the cabinet for years and I can't go in without being ambushed. If troll trader started selling GW, GW Truro would be sunk.

I was in there today funnily enough as I'm in the area on holiday. Apparently they don't sell GW because they sell second hand GW - apparently trade terms prevent you selling second hand stuff. A great store and I was able to browse without interference-complete opposite to GW!

vanvelzen
16-07-2013, 17:48
Another vote for Element Games. Take about 3 days to deliver to Ireland, which impressive as I live in the middle of nowhere and the Irish postal service is awful.

Even with €6 shipping added on all my orders still come out to about €10 cheaper than GW, but that probably because GW cannot into currency conversion.

I placed an order last friday and it was send out on the same day. I think i am going to like element games.

En Sabbah Nur
18-07-2013, 08:19
I used to order from total wargamer, and really they suck. I do not mind to wait a bit, especially at those prices, but contacts were just terrible. Thanks for the info, I think I'm gonna try dark sphere now.

Kijamon
18-07-2013, 21:13
Been waiting over a month for 2 storm ravens from Total Wargamer - sent support tickets every day for a while until I got

First - it's coming in a few days

Second - it's coming in a few days

Third - it's coming in a few days I'll personally make sure it ships

Fourth - okay, it's coming at the end of next week

We're at the end of next week now so another support ticket in tomorrow.

Since then I ordered the Apocalypse stuff from them as I've always had instant shipping on new stuff from them. So that's 5 days without any joy there.

I'm not even going to complain, I'll met my posts do the talking and if I don't get my stuff by the end of next week I'll go direct to my credit card company, won't even bother with letting them take their time on giving me a refund.

MiyamatoMusashi
19-07-2013, 07:24
Dark Sphere are fantastic IME. Great discount, fast delivery, completely reliable (so far!). Pricey postage, which effectively makes the great discount slightly-less-great, but still the best around. Strongly recommended.

Triple Helix are OK, Wayland are OK... I have had slight delays with each but nothing too serious.

Total Wargamer are dreadful. Expect anything you order from them to take months, if it arrives at all. I eventually ended up telling them to cancel an order I'd been waiting four months for... which they did, and refunded me the money, and then blocked my account with them so I couldn't order anything else, even if I wanted to... which tells me they don't want me as a customer, and I am completely OK with that. Avoid like the plague, they have terrible, terrible customer service and I won't be surprised to learn they're just a front for a con. (I didn't realise Mythreal were the same people, but did wonder why I got an email from them recently. Sounds like a bait-and-switch lined up ready and waiting... I predict TotalWargamer to collapse with thousands of unfulfilled orders, then Mythreal to rise from the ashes denying all knowledge of anything to do with TotalWargamer). Do not buy anything from Total Wargamer... the best case scenario you can hope for is that (if you chase them up often enough) your stuff arrives weeks and weeks and weeks after you order it.

deathspank
19-07-2013, 07:28
for me is either Giftsforgeeks or darksphere , both are excellent and honest, I have had nothing but problems when i have ordered from wayland games, wayland seem to have built there business by bombarding forums and such with adverts rather than winning over customers with good service and timely deliveries.

Worldeaters
19-07-2013, 09:00
I so wish this forum was around a few weeks ago, I had heard a few things bad about wayland so I decided I would try dark sphere and total wargamer with a £50 order each.
First was dark sphere and that order ending up taking 2 weeks which I personally thought was really bad, next up total wargamer and that order was 8 days ago.
Both are in my opinion very simple orders and any store worth there salt would have these items in stock (mainly troops choices plus some very generic paints and a bit of scenery).
I work in customer service and anything to me that passes 10 days is a failed delivery. These companies that take 2-3 weeks if not longer are nothing more than glorified drop shippers, taking your money first and then ordering the products from GW etc.
I think if total wargamer delivery isn't here by Tuesday when I'm of work I'll be making a trip to the bank and try and get my money back.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
19-07-2013, 09:36
Firestorm games for me, I often ask them what they have in stock before an order for the range I'm looking at if I'm in a rush, the two times I've done that and only ordered from the list I've had it pretty much next day. Although even when they need to order in some bits the worst I've had to wait is a week. They also sell Raging Heroes which is a huge bonus for me. :)

shelfunit.
19-07-2013, 10:56
I so wish this forum was around a few weeks ago, I had heard a few things bad about wayland so I decided I would try dark sphere and total wargamer with a £50 order each.
First was dark sphere and that order ending up taking 2 weeks which I personally thought was really bad, next up total wargamer and that order was 8 days ago.
Both are in my opinion very simple orders and any store worth there salt would have these items in stock (mainly troops choices plus some very generic paints and a bit of scenery).
I work in customer service and anything to me that passes 10 days is a failed delivery. These companies that take 2-3 weeks if not longer are nothing more than glorified drop shippers, taking your money first and then ordering the products from GW etc.
I think if total wargamer delivery isn't here by Tuesday when I'm of work I'll be making a trip to the bank and try and get my money back.

This seems to be an extremely OTT view. Two weeks is really not bad at all for any non-company webstore in this hobby. Unless the world will explode, or the sky falls down do you really need to have these items inside 14 days? If you absolutely "must have" your items within 2-3 days pay the extra 20-25%. The thng with webstores has always been if you plan your purchases in advance you will save a lot of money, if you "must have" everything right now, go buy full price.

Worldeaters
19-07-2013, 11:15
For some strange reason my phone decided to do a triple post

Worldeaters
19-07-2013, 11:16
Triple post

Worldeaters
19-07-2013, 11:17
This seems to be an extremely OTT view. Two weeks is really not bad at all for any non-company webstore in this hobby. Unless the world will explode, or the sky falls down do you really need to have these items inside 14 days? If you absolutely "must have" your items within 2-3 days pay the extra 20-25%. The thng with webstores has always been if you plan your purchases in advance you will save a lot of money, if you "must have" everything right now, go buy full price.

I disagree to an extent, my company paid a reasonable amount of money to have a very good computer system in place where if an item is sold at the till its online availability is immediately reduced by 1. Any item that is reduced to 0 is immediately made unavailable with a pre order option. Any item that may have accidentally had a item in stock online but was not in stock the customer would be contacted and offered an immediate refund.
This is common practice amongst decent small companies (of which we are) and not just large companies.
The difference it seems is that these mini companies know that fans will put up with there crap just for a bit of discount.
If I put up a website saying something like
"In order to give you guys 25% off we have devised a system where you make an order, give us your cash and then we will add it to our Tuesday orders. We will then get this item on the Friday and deliver it to you the next day"
Would you not think my site a bit dodgy? If you don't then let me know cos I can get a bricks and mortar store for £75 a week and I'll start flogging GW stuff at 25% off and just focus on online stuff, even then I'd be a lot quicker than these other guys who know you'll put up with there crap over and over again

shelfunit.
19-07-2013, 11:45
I disagree to an extent, my company paid a reasonable amount of money to have a very good computer system in place where if an item is sold at the till its online availability is immediately reduced by 1. Any item that is reduced to 0 is immediately made unavailable with a pre order option. Any item that may have accidentally had a item in stock online but was not in stock the customer would be contacted and offered an immediate refund.
This is common practice amongst decent small companies (of which we are) and not just large companies.
The difference it seems is that these mini companies know that fans will put up with there crap just for a bit of discount.
If I put up a website saying something like
"In order to give you guys 25% off we have devised a system where you make an order, give us your cash and then we will add it to our Tuesday orders. We will then get this item on the Friday and deliver it to you the next day"
Would you not think my site a bit dodgy? If you don't then let me know cos I can get a bricks and mortar store for £75 a week and I'll start flogging GW stuff at 25% off and just focus on online stuff, even then I'd be a lot quicker than these other guys who know you'll put up with there crap over and over again

You pay your money, you get the product. For anyone with a modicum of patience this seems to work. Online stores will gather their custom from word of mouth, repeat custom, or just people unable (or unwilling) to pay full retail price. If you "must have" xyz product now you pay full price. I fail to see what the issue is.

Delicious Ron
19-07-2013, 14:27
I dont know if it has been brought up already Worldeaters but GW is notorious for not properly stocking independents. I recently made a order from Total Wargamer (my first) and it took 10 working days to get to me here in Sweden, which I think is a pretty good, but I didn't order any GW products.

Blenk87
19-07-2013, 16:32
I would recommend Dark sphere 100%. The postage can be a bit expensive but pretty comparable to other websites in my experience. At my gaming group we usually do one big order and split the postage evenly.

In addition if you live near by (London) you can order online and pick up in store and still only pay online prices.

Sent using Tapatalk

stompy
19-07-2013, 16:42
I have to go with www.wargamestore.co.uk- they're very quick, and since they're a brick and mortar store, there's always somebody manning the phone if you need them. Plus they're really friendly!

BaSe
19-07-2013, 18:18
Kijamon- send an email to GW saying how you feel & that you felt you could trust suppliers of GW products. They will usually try & help. With me they got there account manager on the case & I got a refund within a week.
This way GW may stop supplying the company.

OPULENCE
19-07-2013, 18:49
Just want to give another recomendation to Element Games. They had problems supplying the new Space Marine Commanders I ordered and emailed me to tell me in good time and in the mean time dispatched the rest of my order. They then dispatched the models when they got them and they arrived the day after dispatch. Much better than Wayland from whom I am still waiting for a refund for an item they removed from my order without informing me about 2/3 weeks ago.

Sthenio
19-07-2013, 19:21
I've been using WarGameStore for most of my Circle Orboros force as my FLGS just can't get hold of a lot of PP's range.

They usually have want I want is stock and it's always arrived within the 5 days (free shipping, you can bump the priority up for a couple of £) so I'd recommend them.

Kulgur
19-07-2013, 19:38
Now I'm usually one of the first to slag off wayland games. I've cancelled several orders in the past from them as they just plain took too long. However in the interests of being even handed I must say my latest Dreadball order (4 items) arrived in under a day from the time I ordered it to my immense surprise and delight. Darksphere... last time I used it got the order entirely wrong after a long delay.

S_A_T_S
19-07-2013, 20:42
I just received my first order from Triple Helix Wargames (http://www.triplehelixwargames.co.uk/index.php) (just a can of spray and Death Company box). They were pretty good with communications - I even got a phone call from them when they had to refund the spray cost due to Royal Mail no longer carrying aerosols. Good price and free shipping as well. No big discounts, but cheaper than Wayland for small orders.

Angelwing
20-07-2013, 07:30
The world is of course different now, but I'm old enough to remember when all mail order companies stipulated "please allow 28 days for delivery". I do get a little wry smile whenever I read people unhappy about not getting their toys within a week.

ewar
20-07-2013, 11:12
The world is of course different now, but I'm old enough to remember when all mail order companies stipulated "please allow 28 days for delivery". I do get a little wry smile whenever I read people unhappy about not getting their toys within a week.

Just because something was worse in the past doesn't mean customers can't expect improvement in the present. I've had mixed results with both Wayland and Dark Sphere in the past - taking an order and when one item isn't in stock holding up the whole thing for several weeks. This is more frustrating when the web store indicates an item is in stock when you order it. I used to live near Dark Sphere so could collect for the best discount, but now that is less of an option I've gone off them.

After reading this thread I made an order from Element Games at midnight on Thursday night, had a dispatch email 11am on Friday and it arrived just now. Free first class post as well? Seems like a winning combination to me. My only minor gripe is that I ordered some coloured dice which were pictured with black spots and came with white spots... not sure if I can be bothered to return them as both boxes only cost £3. Otherwise I would highly recommend them from this experience.

@Shelfunit: the thing is, competition in the online store market is fierce at the moment and without any customer loyalty if your service is worse than your competitors you could lose your customer base very quickly. It's not like wargamers are an uncommunicative bunch - my comment above shows exactly how easy it is to switch and see better results. If I was from Wayland and reading this I'd be quite concerned about the level of negative feedback - their product range is very good but if you're irritating customers that will cease to be a draw for very long.

shelfunit.
20-07-2013, 12:55
@Shelfunit: the thing is, competition in the online store market is fierce at the moment and without any customer loyalty if your service is worse than your competitors you could lose your customer base very quickly. It's not like wargamers are an uncommunicative bunch - my comment above shows exactly how easy it is to switch and see better results. If I was from Wayland and reading this I'd be quite concerned about the level of negative feedback - their product range is very good but if you're irritating customers that will cease to be a draw for very long.

I wouldn't be worried if I was Wayland reading this - there are more positive reviews (so far) for them than negative here. I agree that poor reviews can snowball, but if people can't handle waiting a few weeks for their models then really they should just go back to paying full price. As I said before - if you "must have" things immediately, buy full price, if you have the capacity to wait, buy online - don't buy online and then whinge if it doesn't arrive the same week, that just sounds childish.

ewar
20-07-2013, 15:12
don't buy online and then whinge if it doesn't arrive the same week, that just sounds childish.

How on earth is it childish to expect good service as a customer? I want to order online, with a discount and I want it to arrive as fast as possible - that's what business in the 21st century means. If an online store tells me they have something in stock and then makes me wait two weeks for it to come in before posting it (which Wayland has done to me in the past) then that is unacceptable service. I don't want to pick on Wayland as it's something I've had from other companies as well (Dark Sphere namely).

Demanding good service is the right of every customer, as is the choice to go somewhere else, which is all too easy on the net these days. That's why competition is so great, it means improvement for all of us.

shelfunit.
20-07-2013, 15:25
How on earth is it childish to expect good service as a customer?

It isn't. I never claimed that it was.

I want to order online, with a discount and I want it to arrive as fast as possible - that's what business in the 21st century means.

You can get 2 of those 3 things no problem, but to get something "as fast as possible" will require extra payment - even Amazon charge for faster than "standard" delivery.

If an online store tells me they have something in stock and then makes me wait two weeks for it to come in before posting it (which Wayland has done to me in the past) then that is unacceptable service. I don't want to pick on Wayland as it's something I've had from other companies as well (Dark Sphere namely).Demanding good service is the right of every customer, as is the choice to go somewhere else, which is all too easy on the net these days. That's why competition is so great, it means improvement for all of us.

Don't use that service then - feel free to purchase from wherever you like, but as every single webstore in existance has threads about them doing this you will shortly be out of options and be "forced" to pay full retail.

Angelwing
20-07-2013, 21:07
Just because something was worse in the past doesn't mean customers can't expect improvement in the present.

Hence the very first part of my post.

blongbling
22-07-2013, 07:41
Wayland is the biggest online store in the UK an have a good reptuation

MiyamatoMusashi
26-07-2013, 14:38
Just as I was saying nice things about Dark Sphere...

Ordered about £100 or so of Apocalypse stuff three weeks ago. Gave it some time, but really was expecting it to turn up by now. A few days ago, sent them an email - what's going on? Apparently a PayPal cock-up, they claim; but the money has certainly left my bank account and I have a PayPal receipt showing that the payment has been made (from me to PayPal, if not from PayPal to DS). They were initially very helpful, and reassured me they'd sort it out "tomorrow" (Wednesday)....... and I've heard nothing since. Multiple repeated emails asking for an update have met with total silence.

So all that stuff earlier about how I said Dark Sphere are reliable and have never let me down? As things stand, that record is looking a bit shaky. I'll give it a few more days before claiming a refund from PayPal (apart from anything else, I think one or two things I ordered were limited availability so I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to get them if I cancel my order and go elsewhere) so there's still time for DS to rescue this situation, but currently I am very unhappy indeed, and for my emails to be ignored is deeply unsatisfactory. I guess it still might be a PayPal problem, but equally that might just be an excuse, and either way I haven't been sent my stuff and am not getting any responses to my enquiries.

[edit] I have finally been assured that my order has just been dispatched. Only took three days of chasing them after a three week wait... compared to some places, that's lightspeed, but I won't be entirely happy until it all arrives...

Kulgur
29-07-2013, 16:50
Wayland is the biggest online store in the UK an have a good reptuation

Well after my last post praising wayland they must have heard me....

Current order has been "awaiting packing" for almost a week. Note they have another possible status for "awaiting stock" but this is "awaiting packing"

EDIT: Support ticket response, it's awaiting stock. Their system provides for labelling something as awaiting stock, but they didn't use it for some bizzare reason.

Mauler
01-08-2013, 08:20
Darksphere, my main alternative to buying direct.

wilsonian
02-08-2013, 14:51
As already mentioned - avoid Total Gamer like the plague. I wont bore people with the stupidly long wait I had to endure but after 2 1/2 months I finally got my money back. General poor customer service. poor site & no phone support. Never deal with them - hopefully cowboys like these will go out of business and leave the better ones going.

Personally I've used wayland games and haven't had an issue.

anthrax1990
02-08-2013, 15:20
I ordered an entire 3000pt Vampire Counts army from Total Wargamer about a month and a half ago, I really don't know whether to cancel it or just wait it out.

I saved about £200 off retail, and to be honest I wouldn't even consider starting a VC army at GW prices.

Killgore
02-08-2013, 23:03
Just as I was saying nice things about Dark Sphere...

Ordered about £100 or so of Apocalypse stuff three weeks ago. Gave it some time, but really was expecting it to turn up by now. A few days ago, sent them an email - what's going on? Apparently a PayPal cock-up, they claim; but the money has certainly left my bank account and I have a PayPal receipt showing that the payment has been made (from me to PayPal, if not from PayPal to DS). They were initially very helpful, and reassured me they'd sort it out "tomorrow" (Wednesday)....... and I've heard nothing since. Multiple repeated emails asking for an update have met with total silence.

So all that stuff earlier about how I said Dark Sphere are reliable and have never let me down? As things stand, that record is looking a bit shaky. I'll give it a few more days before claiming a refund from PayPal (apart from anything else, I think one or two things I ordered were limited availability so I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to get them if I cancel my order and go elsewhere) so there's still time for DS to rescue this situation, but currently I am very unhappy indeed, and for my emails to be ignored is deeply unsatisfactory. I guess it still might be a PayPal problem, but equally that might just be an excuse, and either way I haven't been sent my stuff and am not getting any responses to my enquiries.

[edit] I have finally been assured that my order has just been dispatched. Only took three days of chasing them after a three week wait... compared to some places, that's lightspeed, but I won't be entirely happy until it all arrives...

Dark Sphere did have a heap of trouble with their system a few weeks back,

I've always found them to be reliable and my main source of 40K nowadays :)

MiyamatoMusashi
02-08-2013, 23:20
In the spirit of fairness I should say it did arrive a couple of days after I posted that. That's a much better response time than, say, Total Wargamer (by about three months). So I'm prepared to give Dark Sphere the benefit of the doubt for now. But if it happens again...

anthrax1990
03-08-2013, 00:10
In the spirit of fairness I should say it did arrive a couple of days after I posted that. That's a much better response time than, say, Total Wargamer (by about three months). So I'm prepared to give Dark Sphere the benefit of the doubt for now. But if it happens again...

Did you receive your order from Total Wargamer without constant emailing and hassling? I havent contacted them yet asking where my order is, i dont have Facebook and i gather they dont respond to their tickets on the website anyway.

If i have to constantly hassle them before i get the order i'll just ring my credit card company and get them to refund me..

MiyamatoMusashi
03-08-2013, 07:17
Three or four Total Wargamer orders in a row only arrived months late and, yes, after constant (eventually daily) hassling. Eventually I took the hint and realised that they're just a terrible company, so I don't use them any more.

Hrafn
03-08-2013, 11:34
Well, I have experience with Wayland. They are cheapish, have a huge range of minis, and they always deliver, but it always takes (sometimes much) more time than expected. Also, before the introduction of their new system of "live" stock taking, they were utterly untrustworthy when it came to stock levels. It has become a lot better since then, though. But still, I would never ever order from Wayland if I wanted something delivered soon. Finally, Wayland uses expensive delivery options compared to some competitors..

As a non-UK resident, one of my main considerations is postage, and here it's hard to beat Firestorm Games. I have ordered from them a few times, and they seem very reliable, but unfortunately have a smallish range of minis. ELement Games I've tried once, and they also seem OK.

Sotek
03-08-2013, 12:54
GW if you want to pay 100%
Otherwise darksphere 20% off
miniwargamingstore/mythreal games. They rarely do 25-30% off but are a little slower. Still nowhere near as bad as wayland 'we get it in stock after you order it from us' games

pudney
03-08-2013, 12:57
I've always found Dark Sphere to be a really good store, and they've always been good at communicating when something is out of stock or something looks weird with an order. Wayland are alright as well if you're not too fussed about speed, got my Tau codex from them and had no issues.

Total Wargamer/Mythrael should be avoided at all costs though, absolutely terrible, took me nearly 2 months to get the Chaos Daemons codex (in fact got the Tau codex from Wayland before I got the codex from them...)

Russell's teapot
04-08-2013, 10:38
Gaming figures are my dealer of plastic crack du jour.

Scrotrot
04-08-2013, 19:51
Had too many problems with wayland games, but found www.elementgames.co.uk to be pretty good.

Kulgur
06-08-2013, 00:08
Also, before the introduction of their new system of "live" stock taking, they were utterly untrustworthy when it came to stock levels.

I have never known another online store where "Available" means it's available for them to order and NOT that it's in stock.

Sertorius
06-08-2013, 07:09
I have used http://www.gamingfigures.com/ with no problems and have recommended them to others who report good service.

Kijamon
06-08-2013, 08:49
Still waiting for my storm ravens, they've been dispatched a while ago but nothing yet. They've got till Friday then I'm going to my credit card company, I'm not letting them make me wait any longer.

sasheep
06-08-2013, 09:02
Having used most of the sites listed in this thread, I have to say the best one is Firestorm. They have fantastic customer service and let you know via email if there are any problems (like if they are awaiting a delivery of stock) and will happily answer any questions you have. They have good prices and free delivery on orders over £30 too, which means they generally end up cheaper on larger orders (I have found Wayland to be ridiculously expensive when it comes to postage).

SilentSnake
07-08-2013, 21:47
Dark Sphere is the only place I shop unless its direct only. Fantastic customer service and fast dispatch.

Total wargames and wayland I would avoid, unless you like waiting for an eternity.

lbecks
12-08-2013, 18:45
I ordered once from triplehelixgames.co.uk from the US. They were selling Perry Miniature boxes for 22-23 dollars. Good store. Package came in 10 days across the atlantic and then across the US.

Kijamon
12-08-2013, 19:15
After 36 days I've given up on my apocalypse order, contacted dark sphere who got back to me right away and ordered all the stuff that total wargamer failed to get me.

And after over 65 days I've told them to stick the storm ravens that they claimed they dispatched 17 days ago up their **** and ordered those from dark sphere too.

Cost me £17 more than the Totalwargamer price but if it comes quickly, I'm converted.

Hope it comes as quickly as you guys seem to suggest!

Totalwargamer are never getting used again and if my money is not back in my account by Friday, I'll be getting my credit card company involved.

Kegslayer
12-08-2013, 20:35
Element games are incredible. They will be even more incredible when they sort out their warmachine and hordes stock and section. Cant recommend them enough.

Have recently made an order with gifts for geeks. Hopefully they are as good as folks say.

Kijamon
13-08-2013, 16:05
BAH! That's Darksphere posted today. So 2 months of waiting for 2 storm ravens vs 1 day dispatch.

I think I've found my new shop.

Art Is Resistance
15-08-2013, 12:03
Troll Trader for me, with Dark Sphere a close second.
Wayland and Total Wargamer? Not a chance - I like my stuff delivered within living memory.

GuardsmanSgtMatt
09-03-2014, 22:21
I've used element games a few times now and they are really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidal
10-03-2014, 17:49
I've had good experience with Dark Sphere, though I only do mail orders when I want to get a lot of things at once (so rarely). I sometimes drop by the store if I'm in London for another reason as it's pretty handy being next to Waterloo station.

Metacarpi
11-03-2014, 10:39
I've had good experience with Dark Sphere, though I only do mail orders when I want to get a lot of things at once (so rarely). I sometimes drop by the store if I'm in London for another reason as it's pretty handy being next to Waterloo station.

I love Darksphere - any time I'm heading down to London (which is pretty often, my partners family live there) I always place a sizable order of around £100 or so, because their discount, plus the lack of additional postage on pick up orders makes it too good a deal to NOT pick up a load of stuff. :)

Most recently I picked up the OK armybook, a box of Ogres, a box of Mournfang, a Firebelly, an Ironblaster, and a Bloodthrone of Khorne (for my mate) - total cost was about £110.

Just looking at their site, some of the prices in store are actually better than that it seems - they have the Firebelly listed as £22.33, but mine only cost me about £16.

soullessginger
12-03-2014, 16:51
Previously I had used wayland, however recently I order two hardback warmachine books from them. It would take 3-9 days to dispatch my order, after 10 days they told me they were waiting on a delivery from their supplier. Then they said they only had the rule book in and no copies of either version of the cygnar book

Contacted darksphere they said both books had been discontinued as hardback a year ago. Cancelled wayland order, ordered softback through darkshpere, order dispatched 4 hours later with a Royal Mail tracking number.

Will never order with wayland again.

ThunderLamb
12-03-2014, 21:19
Always found Darksphere to be superb, quick delivery, good communications.

Mr_Rose
12-03-2014, 22:06
Yeah, Darksphere have been my main suppliers since they were Miniatures By Post. Their recent restriction on paint sales (apparently Royal Mail are refusing to take paint so you have to use courier delivery) seems a bit off to me though; I haven't noticed any other suppliers ditching Royal Mail for orders with liquids… but then maybe they just aren't telling the pasties what's in the box?

Poseidal
13-03-2014, 10:10
snmstuff (who do painting/modelling supplies, no kits) also have the same notice about shipping paint and Royal Mail, and having to use Courier so it's not exclusive to them.

e.g. http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/vallejo-model-air/

Herzlos
13-03-2014, 10:24
Yeah, Darksphere have been my main suppliers since they were Miniatures By Post. Their recent restriction on paint sales (apparently Royal Mail are refusing to take paint so you have to use courier delivery) seems a bit off to me though; I haven't noticed any other suppliers ditching Royal Mail for orders with liquids… but then maybe they just aren't telling the pasties what's in the box?

Royal Mail won't take deliveries containing more than 4 paint pots of any size now (with no exemption for tiny pots). So it should affect everyone, but I suspect a lot of places aren't declaring or are just taking the hit whilst they update systems to change delivery to courier.

Visker
13-03-2014, 11:25
I recently purchased a Mortis Engine and a pack of Skeleton Warriors.
Order placed Tuesday morning/early afternoon.
It was on my doorstep Thursday morning at 8am.

I don't know anyone else who has a turn around like that for 25% off RRP.
I'd recommend them to anyone.

Edit: I should probably have mentioned that it was Dark Sphere....

Mr_Rose
13-03-2014, 11:51
snmstuff (who do painting/modelling supplies, no kits) also have the same notice about shipping paint and Royal Mail, and having to use Courier so it's not exclusive to them.

e.g. http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/vallejo-model-air/

Royal Mail won't take deliveries containing more than 4 paint pots of any size now (with no exemption for tiny pots). So it should affect everyone, but I suspect a lot of places aren't declaring or are just taking the hit whilst they update systems to change delivery to courier.

Ok, that's good to know. It just seemed a bit strange all of a sudden like that.

Socaddict
14-03-2014, 10:01
Dark Sphere all the way, though I tend to pick up my stuff from their shop rather than ordering deliveries.

Always helpful, friendly and willing to chat about any and all systems they stock and play.

Don't think I've ordered much from anywhere else in the past few years.

Chabalakra
14-03-2014, 21:23
I've always had top notch service from Triple Helix wargames, great prices and good communications :)

I'll never order from Wayland Games again, kept getting fobbed off about an order, eventually got my money back after several months of being mucked about :(

DazzaD
15-03-2014, 18:09
Element Games I have used a good few times, never any problems and the stock quotes on the site / delivery were always accurate.

MiyamatoMusashi
16-03-2014, 16:17
I've always had top notch service from Triple Helix wargames, great prices and good communications :)

Yeah I had a few good orders from Triple Helix, then one that was very late and needed chasing. I've developed a zero-tolerance approach to being made to wait (after getting messed around something chronic by various companies, most notably TotalWargamer who are scam artists) so I've decided not to give Triple Helix a second chance. Went back to Dark Sphere who have still never let me down.

GuroG
16-03-2014, 16:36
I can recommend Dark Sphere, cheap and fast :) (I've also had poor experiences with Wayland)

- Sid

Here here to that folks!

CAPRIGOR
19-03-2014, 20:31
I used to order mostly from Maelstrom Games and always had nothing but good service, until they went out of business. This has made me a bit wary about where I order from. In the past I have ordered bits and pieces from Relish Models, OG Games, Waugh Games, SNM Stuff, Troll Trader and probably one or two others that have slipped my mind. Again, I received great service from these companies.

I've ordered once from Wayland Games in the past and I didn't get all of the order due to things being out of stock. So I didn't bother again, up until now. And only because they were advertising everything I wanted as in stock. Similar story, things are out of stock so the order hasn't been despatched yet after nearly a month. Now I've thought of a few more things I'd like to add to the order. But to be honest I'm going to try and cancel it, get a refund and try somewhere else.

Oh yeah I nearly forgot, the times I've ordered direct from Games Workshop, Forgeworld and Black Library I've had great service from them. I've only ever ordered books and small things from Forgeworld, no vehicles or anything large. But everything was as it should be, no miscasts.

CAPRIGOR
19-03-2014, 20:38
Now I'm usually one of the first to slag off wayland games. I've cancelled several orders in the past from them as they just plain took too long. However in the interests of being even handed I must say my latest Dreadball order (4 items) arrived in under a day from the time I ordered it to my immense surprise and delight. Darksphere... last time I used it got the order entirely wrong after a long delay.

Can I ask mate, did you phone or email to cancel your orders with Wayland Games? I'd just like to find the most efficient way of doing it.

Solaaris
22-03-2014, 22:15
Element Games are amazing. pretty much standardised postage cost, very fast shipping, next day most the time, and brilliant customer service.

I used to use Wayland Games, but it goes tedious waiting for up to a month for a simple order. Trying to charge me £7 odd for 2 GW paints were the final straw.

Element Games all the way!

vargojones
24-03-2014, 15:24
I used Element Games for the first time last week. I bought a bunch of Hell Dorado stuff including a couple of out of stock items. The out of stock stuff had an expected due date, and my stuff was shippped on that date. Wayland would have seen me waiting around for ages. Oh and it was all with a great discount.

Rick_1138
25-03-2014, 15:22
Another vote for Element, excellent stock system, enquired about a larger stock order for bases and paint and the contact (Ian) came back with a very helpful order.

Often I see a 24hr turn around from me spending to it arriving at my door. They have seen a lot of my cash since I found them. :)

Spider
06-04-2014, 18:22
A bit of an old thread maybe, but I am placing another downvote for Waylands.

Order placed in early december, has arrived in intermittent bits since then. Last part of order arrived last week of march, so a 4 month turnaround. This combined with somewhat snarky customer services...that was the first and it will be the last things I order from them. Even if they were not responsible for the items not being distributed to them, that doesn't excuse snark.

I will not be snarked upon.

Have (literally) just ordered a thing via Element Games (hence me looking at this thread in the first place)...fingers crossed.

Hrafn
07-04-2014, 12:06
I can recommend Firestorm Games. Quick delivery and stock levels seem to be correct. Also, as a non-native, I appreciate the (mostly) free postage :)

On the opposite side, I'll downvote Wayland too. Absurdly inaccurate stock levels, painfully slow delivery times and little customer service. OK, they are cheap and you will (eventually) get what you ordered, but apart from that they're not worth dealing with. Can't get why they seem to have grown so big. Even Maelstrom managed much better before they went to the Dark Side (so to speak)

Spider-pope
08-04-2014, 17:28

Order placed in early december, has arrived in intermittent bits since then. Last part of order arrived last week of march, so a 4 month turnaround. This combined with somewhat snarky customer services...that was the first and it will be the last things I order from them. Even if they were not responsible for the items not being distributed to them, that doesn't excuse snark.

Have (literally) just ordered a thing via Element Games (hence me looking at this thread in the first place)...fingers crossed.

Personally i stopped using Waylands back when they did their little photoshoot of Finecast clampacks. At the time they had a massive backlog of orders, including mine, and i'm sorry but you can waste time taking photographs of hairs when you don't have customers waiting for the items they have paid for.

I have another recommendation for Hasslefree Miniatures. Granted they only stock their own products, but when i've ordered from them they have dispatched very quickly and even throw in a few sweets.

I've also just placed my first order with Dark Sphere. Impressed so far - my order has already been shipped. So unless something goes disastrously wrong in transit, i give them a thumbs up too.

shelfunit.
08-04-2014, 21:06
I have another recommendation for Hasslefree Miniatures. Granted they only stock their own products, but when i've ordered from them they have dispatched very quickly and even throw in a few sweets.

I think they'll shortly be merging with Artemis Black's on a new website.

AquaSulis
18-04-2014, 06:48
(1) Dark Sphere
(2) Gifts for Geeks

I used Wayland when it first launched. It had customer service, and discounts, second to none when it was a smaller and more personal organisation. Now they're trailing some way behind unfortunately.

Having said this my expenditure on GW has shrunk markedly since 6th edition and I am much more heavily "invested" in board games now.

Mr_Rose
18-04-2014, 06:55
Has anyone here used Total Wargamer extensively? My first order with them went wrong and I'm not sure I want to find out if that is typical the hard way.
Specifically, it sounds a lot like what people are saying about Wayland; partial orders delayed or missing, customer service unresponsive and, most damning of all, refunds not actually refunded. Has anyone else had anything like this trouble with them?

lorelorn
18-04-2014, 08:52
Clearly you haven't read the first three pages of this thread. In short - everyone has had that trouble with them, get your money back/charges reversed asap.

Mr_Rose
18-04-2014, 09:20
Oh no, I did. Eventually. After a very terse email exchange.
Oh well, Darksphere is still the best and they're close enough for the occasional visit to the store too so nuts to TW and their occasional 30% discount.

lorelorn
19-04-2014, 03:29
Oh no, I did. Eventually. After a very terse email exchange.

That is good news. I have to be honest - service, availability, and reliability are now what I look for in webstores, ahead of price.

soullessginger
23-04-2014, 08:48
Ordered a load of stuff from Element games and was told it would ship on 17th April due to the drill and pinning set not being in stock until then. 17th of April came and most of my stuff was shipped except the pinning set, which would as soon as it became available. I emailed them and asked if it would be in soon or should I cancel that part of the order and reorder a different size pinning set? They said probably better to cancel it, they could give me store credit or direct debit and would give me extra cash to cover the cost of postage for the new order!

This is in stark contrast to Wayland who you have to chase to dispatch part of it and can be very difficult to get a refund for. Excellent service from Element.

Cheeslord
23-04-2014, 11:37

Yeah,... despite never planning to use them again I did place an order earlier this month because their site listed some models that were hard to get hold of (not listed in other, better stores). Of course they were probably just lying about having those models in stock so it is debatable whether I will see my order by Christmas ... yet, just like Games Workshop itself, they thrive......

I probably mentioned this in 2013 but since the thread has risen from the dead, Wargames Workshop is my goto supplier in the UK. They work seriously quickly and do not deceive about what they have in stock.

Mark.

Spider-pope
23-04-2014, 16:42
Has anyone here used Total Wargamer extensively? My first order with them went wrong and I'm not sure I want to find out if that is typical the hard way.
Specifically, it sounds a lot like what people are saying about Wayland; partial orders delayed or missing, customer service unresponsive and, most damning of all, refunds not actually refunded. Has anyone else had anything like this trouble with them?

Yes, they are appalling. And also breaking multiple distance selling laws. If you've had a problem, then please contact your local office of Trading Standards. They are a retailer giving every other online retailer a bad name.

And my order with Dark Sphere went swimmingly, everything turned up a couple of days after i ordered so i will certainly recommend them.

Jorkin Thunderclaw
24-04-2014, 10:05
Dark Sphere vote for me. Ordered A Hammer of Cadia and Cadian Defence Force on Tuesday, arrived this morning. Saving nearly £80 to boot on GW prices, which weren't actually that bad a deal on the GW website (£271 worth of gear singularly in that Hammer box, £153.75 on Dark Sphere)

Loopstah
24-04-2014, 11:30
I only use Darksphere now as they have a quick turn around and I've never had problems with any orders.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
25-04-2014, 13:49
I've been having problems with Wayland so I have been looking elsewhere, placed 2 orders in the last 6 weeks with them, 1st one had to be cancelled as they could not get one of the items (despite them having it in stock according to their website and now the item is no longer listed there), the 2nd I have been waiting 1 month to the day for some foam trays, contacted them 2 times so far and on Monday they said it would be sent out in the next couple of days...... no sign yet, not happy at all.

I'm going elsewhere from now on and its good to have this thread to look through at the other stockists around

ebbwar
25-04-2014, 14:07
I recommend Elementgames :)

After going to my local GW earlier in the week to get some paint, but got presented with a hastily written note in the window saying the store is closed this week for staff holidays, I ordered from them instead. It was delivered within 24 hours of ordering.

I find it ridiculous that a retail chain with the presence GW has in the UK closes stores for staff holidays. There is not other national chain that does such a thing. I would accept it from a single small store owned by 1-2 people, but not a chain of stores.

/rant over.

Cheeslord
29-04-2014, 11:51
Its a result of their new money saving policy of 1 employee per store. Means my local store is usually closed for lunch at the only time I can go to it in the working week ... lunchtime!

Mark.

ebbwar
29-04-2014, 13:56
Yeah, the end result from having to order my paints online was that I have finally been bothered to try other brands of paints at last :) I only really stuck with GW paints for the convenience of popping down to the local store. Their loss, not mine :D

BFalcon
30-04-2014, 11:09
Yeah, the end result from having to order my paints online was that I have finally been bothered to try other brands of paints at last :) I only really stuck with GW paints for the convenience of popping down to the local store. Their loss, not mine :D

You'll find that most of the paints from other manufacturers tend to last longer also - my Vallejo, I've had 1 bad bottle out of the 100+ I've got, while all my GW (including the liquid green stuff I got to have a play with it) have all dried out.. and I only opened the green stuff once and pushed it firmly shut afterward to ensure that it had a good seal.

Its a result of their new money saving policy of 1 employee per store. Means my local store is usually closed for lunch at the only time I can go to it in the working week ... lunchtime!

Mark.

It's also bad management - they should be taking their lunch breaks early to allow access during the main lunch time - it's when most business is done in retail. I, personally, hate the 1-man shop idea anyhow - 2 should be the minimum and 3 should be considered optimal - if they're not doing enough trade for 2 members of staff, then they shouldn't have the shop, IMO... that one member of staff is expected to do so much work that it's probably far higher than his pay would indicate.

Lord_Squinty
30-04-2014, 16:27
Another +1 for Troll Trader -
used them a few times (ebay store looking for BB minis)
Great service and communicates very well

GuroG
30-04-2014, 20:49
I only use Darksphere now as they have a quick turn around and I've never had problems with any orders.

That's the place!

Luck - Courage - Skill!

Spider-pope
02-05-2014, 15:18
I recommend Elementgames :)

After going to my local GW earlier in the week to get some paint, but got presented with a hastily written note in the window saying the store is closed this week for staff holidays, I ordered from them instead. It was delivered within 24 hours of ordering.

I find it ridiculous that a retail chain with the presence GW has in the UK closes stores for staff holidays. There is not other national chain that does such a thing. I would accept it from a single small store owned by 1-2 people, but not a chain of stores.

/rant over.

Most GW stores do try to cover staff absences with staff from other nearby store. If your local store isn't being covered, it makes me wonder what the regional manager is up to. But don't get me started on the 1 man store thing. It's cost several of my friends their jobs.

Bimalong
04-05-2014, 20:52
Total Wargamer are an absolute scam. I find Wayland close behind, even after they supposedly revamped their inventory system it still shows them having stock that they'll then tell you they're out of when you chase up late orders.

Darksphere are consistently excellent, the best discount on GW on the 'net, very fast turn around and excellent customer service. I recently used element for a paint order and that also went well with fast delivery, so I'll use them for similar orders in the future.

TheBearminator
04-05-2014, 22:23

I'd love to try them but the or shipping rates outside UK are horrible if you place a big order.

forseer of fates
04-05-2014, 22:49
Element games:) never failed me.

Kneel
05-05-2014, 22:22
Just created an account here to say Element Games is absolutely brilliant. Consistently 15-20% cheaper than GW and almost always gets to me the next working day with their standard delivery. Can't say enough good things about 'em - they even advised me over the phone in regards to glaze mediums and adding extra items to an existing internet order prior to dispatch.

Top blokes.