5 shadow warriors

5 dragon princes
Champion, standard bearer, star lance

15 sisters of avelorn

14 sisters of avelorn

2x repeating bolt throwers

thrawn
10-07-2013, 18:03
this army can put out almost 100 shots per turn. 29 of those shots are S4, magical and flaming at BS5.

i also have decent counter to high armour saves (which is in style now) in the form of star lance on dragon prince champ, hero on great eagle and level 1 lore of metals mage.

level 4 is to buff shooting (with withering) and make units decent fighters if he gets to me (with mindrazor).

shadow warriors and reavers are chaff to slow him down.

Kain187
11-07-2013, 03:51
I am sure people will be beating down your door to play such a fun list. If you roll bad you get destroyed when they cross the battle field if you roll good he never gets to play.

thrawn
11-07-2013, 15:42
muah, maybe yes, maybe no. he won't get across the board if i can help it, by feeding his units chaff i can keep him moving only 2-3 inches per turn.

Sineater81
11-07-2013, 19:13
You should go play 40k so you can pew pew more ....

CaptainFaramir
12-07-2013, 09:28
Why is everyone so negative about this list? Yes it is a shoot list, but it's all BS-shooting. This isn't a Dwarf/Empire gunline. All his units will just get removed in any actual combat and against certain armies it will get tabled without particular skill/luck!

Personally I think the Star Lance on the DP Champ is a waste. 3 x S7 attacks for one turn isn't going to turn the tide. I'd drop the DPs completely for a small unit of WLs. 3x3(+1), standard, for a stubborn road bump. If it survives one turn of combat (stubborn, with re-rolls) then it will block his advance by holding up a unit and those behind it and give you more time to shoot. I don't think the DPs by themselves have enough killiness to make it worthwhile.

Yowzo
12-07-2013, 09:44
doublepost

Yowzo
12-07-2013, 09:45
Personally I think the Star Lance on the DP Champ is a waste.

I'm with you on this one.

I'd rather put the star lance on the eagle noble, seeing as he is kitted out to take a one-turn hail mary against some heavy armoured character (biting blade + potion of strength) I'd rather give him star lance for the same cost. Add potion of foolhardiness for an extra attack on that key turn.

Yes, he can be challenged by a champ, but so does the biting blade+potion noble, and as you have to declare taking the potion at the beginning of your turn it's the same risk.

As a bonus, he gets the +3S, no AS every time he gets the charge, not just one use.

thrawn
12-07-2013, 17:18
I'm with you on this one.

I'd rather put the star lance on the eagle noble, seeing as he is kitted out to take a one-turn hail mary against some heavy armoured character (biting blade + potion of strength) I'd rather give him star lance for the same cost. Add potion of foolhardiness for an extra attack on that key turn.

Yes, he can be challenged by a champ, but so does the biting blade+potion noble, and as you have to declare taking the potion at the beginning of your turn it's the same risk.

As a bonus, he gets the +3S, no AS every time he gets the charge, not just one use.

hey guys, i guys it depends on who your playing and the meta, but this unit has been brilliant for me. where we play chaos chariots, empire demigryphs, and other monstrous cavalry is common (most competitive lists it's common). a fast hitting unit (M9) that will do 3 S6 hits (no armour save) and 8 S5 hits will break (not kill, but definitely break) any of the afore mentioned units. here's some math hammer for the doubters:

vs. Demis

5 wounds vs. 2 wounds, he losses combat by 4 for a LD 3 test.

vs. chaos chariot

4 wounds vs. 1 wounds, he losses combat by 3 for a LD 4 test.

once my unit is behind his lines it can snipe shooters/warmachines or flank his units. it is very effective.

Yowzo
15-07-2013, 16:41
vs. Demis

5 wounds vs. 2 wounds, he losses combat by 4 for a LD 3 test..

What are the numbers like without the lance?

I'd say pretty similar and you can save the lance for an eagle noble who can go on his own or combo-charge at the same target, more mobile, etc.

I'm not saying your setup doesn't work, it sure does, but maybe you can put those points on the armour piercing banner (only slightly more expensive) and save the lance for a noble (who will be hitting at S7).

thrawn
15-07-2013, 20:28
What are the numbers like without the lance?

I'd say pretty similar and you can save the lance for an eagle noble who can go on his own or combo-charge at the same target, more mobile, etc.

I'm not saying your setup doesn't work, it sure does, but maybe you can put those points on the armour piercing banner (only slightly more expensive) and save the lance for a noble (who will be hitting at S7).

you are correct about that, but there are two benefits:

1) surprise factor, no one expects it
2) there are better magic items i can give a noble.

i play competitively, it's not just an "i want to have fun" thing, it is a good missile unit.