PDA

View Full Version : Fragile Alliances

Smogg
14-07-2013, 20:49
Reading the fragile alliance rules got me a bit baffled. "... each player must roll a D6 at the start of his turn. On a roll of 1-3 all of that players alliances immediately becomes one step worse for the rest of the game"

Now, as I understand it, that would mean that with an alliance of Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos and Skaven, on turn one they would each roll a d6, with a pretty high chance to worsen the alliance 1 or two steps before even taking their first turn. Throw in a 4th army in the alliance and you would be pretty certain to start off as desperate allies from the get go...

Am I reading this right. How are you guys playing this?

Lance Tankmen
14-07-2013, 20:54
desperate allies happen fast.

Lorcryst
14-07-2013, 21:07
desperate allies happen fast.

Yup, deseperate allies happen really, really fast, the more quickly the more untrustworthy armies are present ...

Those rules could use a bit of tinkering, they're a "patch" to allow players to play 2 vs 2 games, but when you add even more players to the mix, it's a mess.

Blkc57
15-07-2013, 05:19
Meh, the only real result of that rule is that no one ever bothers to team up with Skaven or Dark Elves in a multiplayer game.

sulla
15-07-2013, 17:33
Meh, the only real result of that rule is that no one ever bothers to team up with Skaven or Dark Elves in a multiplayer game.Pretty much. The 2 times we tried it, the alliance disintegrated in the first turn with both players rolling to degrade it. After that the games were forgone conclusions with the total magic superiority of the other side. (Split dispel dice is a stupid idea... the enemy lvl4 just has to cast every spell with one more dice than either ally on the other side has and they can't stop anything).