PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC: Too much cheese?

Gradek
17-07-2013, 02:38
This is a list I was tinkering with and thinking of taking for competitive play, but was wondering if it has too much cheese (or would even be competitive)?

Lords:
Demon Prince of Nurgle, Level 1 of Nurgle - 325
-Chaos Armor, Charmed Shield, Scaly Skin

Demon Prince of Nurgle - 275
-Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield

Heroes:
BSB of Tzeench - 219
-Barded Steed, Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Third Eye

Core:
18 Warriors of Chaos - 362
-Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Musician, Standard Bearer

4x5 Warhounds - 160
-Vanguard

Chaos Chariot of Nurgle - 125

Special:
9x Chaos Knights - 470
-Mark of Nurgle, Ensorcelled Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer

Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle - 140

Rare:
2x Hellcannon - 420

Total: 2496

zielonkak
17-07-2013, 04:09
I would run a chaos familiar on dp1 and run second dp a khorate war monster and have him run around slaughtering things. Also drop hellcannons for a chimera and dragon ogres or big ass unit of skullcrushers

Lord Solar Plexus
17-07-2013, 07:38
Hardly cheesy. Double Hellcannon can be nasty but can just as well backfire. Non-flying DP's aren't even half as scary since they're easier to catch or to stop. The Warriors are standard. The Knights are certainly brutal but no more than SC's, and you have little magic. Four combat units is okayish at this point level but not really all that much for a close combat army.

MyNameDidntFit
17-07-2013, 07:43
... where's the cheese?

Gradek
17-07-2013, 13:50
Most armies would have trouble dealing with 2 unbreakable -1 to hit WS9 demon princes (many armies have trouble dealing with one), coupled with a 1+/3++(reroll 1's) BSB. And with dual hellcannons there is a fairly high probability that one will hit in the first turn (actually each turn). While the list is light on magic, my play experience is that opponents usually get off their spells when they want anyways. Also, I am not sure that flying is such a huge issue with the DP's, as they still march at 16".

thrawn
17-07-2013, 17:17
flying DP are better, but your right if you deploy them right 16" is usually enough. you are low on magic though, you should consider changing one of the DPs to slaanesh and take lore of slaanesh. running chimera's with DP can be very effective, you might want to consider that. other then that i like it! don't worry about taking a block of skull crushers, an experienced player will just chaff them all game anyways.

Morax
17-07-2013, 17:20
Most armies would have trouble dealing with 2 unbreakable -1 to hit WS9 demon princes (many armies have trouble dealing with one), coupled with a 1+/3++(reroll 1's) BSB. And with dual hellcannons there is a fairly high probability that one will hit in the first turn (actually each turn). While the list is light on magic, my play experience is that opponents usually get off their spells when they want anyways. Also, I am not sure that flying is such a huge issue with the DP's, as they still march at 16".

Some armies have trouble dealing with the demon princes, other armies laugh while getting 600 victory points from them. Without the ability to tank warmachine fire and death magic on them, you are going to see them prioritzed quickly and killed. The BSB, while tanky, isn't nearly as big a threat as he would be on a daemonic mount as he is going to be running around solo.

The only rough part of your list is target priority for the first two turns, Princes or Cannons. Either way, you are likely behind the vp curve very early on and by a large margin as most armies have loads of ways of dealing with either/both. Flying on the Daemon Princes would go a fair way towards correcting this as it would take the option away from your opponent. A unit or two of 6 trolls would also not go amiss to tank incoming cannon shots for them.

All in all, I don't see much in this list to give very many armies pause, making the claim at cheese rather innaccurate.

Morax
17-07-2013, 17:21
double post