PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf 1750 Point - Looking for advice

kakwah
17-07-2013, 07:35
Hi,

Fairly new to fantasy and after some advice on my army for an upcoming tournament.

---Heroes---

1 x Spellweaver, level 4, Divination Orb, Lore of Life

---Heroes---

1 x Noble, BSB, Asyendi`s Bane, HoDA

---Core---

16 x GG, Musicion, Standard, Flaming Banner
10 x GG, Musicion
10 x GG
8 x Dryads
8 x Dryads
8 x Dryads

---Special---

3 x Treekin, Elder

---Rare---

1 x Treeman
2 x Great Eagle

1749pts

I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Also I know at least 3 and probably four of the other players will be running WoC armies.

Regards,

Kak

rydhus
17-07-2013, 08:52
My GF started painting Wood Elves, so I got to take a look at the army book. But i am a WoC player so I don't know if what I say is good in the eyes of WE players.

Some thoughts:

- MORE MAGIC. I think thats the only thing you've got vs WoC.

- 8x Dryads do nothing exept hold a unit back 1 turn.

- I think you need a bigger unit treekin

- Prolly use Waywatchers with the killing blow shots to cut down blocks of warriors.

WoC has insane Armor saves. I think your up for a hard time.
The Skullcrushers are gonna give you loads of trouble. There fast, have 1+ AS and hit hard.

zielonkak
18-07-2013, 18:12
I also play woc, and I would consider adding 3 more tree kin also

tmarichards
19-07-2013, 02:27
- 8x Dryads do nothing exept hold a unit back 1 turn.

This is true whether you take 10, 13, 17 or 20 Dryads which is why they're best in the minimum unit size- they do exactly the same job, but give away less points when you need them to die.

I'd go the other way, and advise staying away from Tree Kin. They're good at killing average to poor infantry (hitting on 3s killing on 2s is great for them), but they can't touch anything with an armour save and they lose to everything that other players take to deal with monsters, cavalry and monstrous cavalry (ie, the best stuff in the game at the moment).

To be completely honest, I'd rank Tree Kin as one of the 3 worst units in the book at the moment. Unless you're playing with people who have an aversion to anything other than infantry, they're very poor indeed. Against Warriors lists, they will get absolutely destroyed (unless those Warriors lists are very weak).

kakwah
19-07-2013, 09:35
thinking of changing to something like this instead.

---Lords---

1 x Beastweaver, level 4, DIspel Scroll

---Heroes---

1 x Noble, Eagle, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Dragonhelm, Amaranthine Brooch, Potion of Foolhardiness

1 x Noble, BSB, Asyendi`s Bane, HoDA

---Core---

13 x GG, Musician, Standard, Flaming Banner
10 x GG

8 x Dryads
8 x Dryads
8 x Dryads

---Special---

3 x Treekin

---Rare---

1 x Treeman
2 x Great Eagle

1750pts

I am still going to be struggling for answers against high armour saves unfortunately.

I can drop the treekin and maybe get some more GG and some wardancers, but i cannot see them doing any better tbh.

Regards,

Kak

tmarichards
19-07-2013, 17:55
I'd swap out one of the Dryad units for more Glade Guard, at low points levels 2 units of Dryads and 2 eagles should be plenty of chaff, and those 96pts could boost your flaming unit up to a better size.

kakwah
22-07-2013, 11:48
Okay I have settled on this list.

Wish me luck :P

---Lords---

1 x Beastweaver, level 4, Dispel Scroll

---Heroes---

1 x Noble, Eagle, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Dragonhelm, Amaranthine Brooch, Potion of Foolhardiness

---Core---

20 x GG, Musician, Standard, Flaming Banner
11 x GG, Musician
8 x Dryads
8 x Dryads
8 x Dryads

---Special---

3 x Treekin

---Rare---

1 x Treeman
2 x Great Eagle

1750pts