PDA

View Full Version : 40K RTT Rules

MarshallRenald
01-06-2006, 17:57
It has been a few years since I have played in an actuall RTT. A friend told me that points for Army Selection are not run off of the army list anymore. I know in the old rules you got points for 40% troops and less then 10% wargear. I am told now that army selection is completely objective and is based on your opponents opinion. Any hints or anything to help me be geared for this thing would be appreciated. Thank you.

Danny Internets
01-06-2006, 18:07
Lots of RTT organizers come up with their own systems for this kind of stuff if they have any system at all. The last RTT I went to didn't even bother with the subjective rating system and it's been years since I've seen an organizer do the 40% troops/10% wargear thing. I think that the subjective opponent rating is supposed to be standard, but it isn't always used.

MarshallRenald
02-06-2006, 01:27
This tourny runner is using the standard RTT rules that come in the box. has anyone seen those or can give me a run down on what they are. Army Selection and Sportsmanship are what i am looking for.

Skyth
02-06-2006, 01:40
It's scored inversely proportionally to how well you won/lost the game.

Marshal Lazarus
02-06-2006, 01:49
Y'all got it lucky. Last RTT I was in was a couple years ago but army comp scored better if you were 50% or more in troops, less than 5% wargear and no more than 25% Heavy Support.

Needless to say, the 2 IW players were kinda pissed about that.

damz451
02-06-2006, 14:18
it would be great for deathwing tho, pretty much all troop

Deadite
02-06-2006, 14:32
Just don't take anything that you, yourself would consider bad play. It's subjective to your opponent, so, he/she could tank you for no reason whatsoever (probably because you beat them). If they don't like your army anyway (probably personal bias), you're screwed.
Your best bet is to just take whatever you would personally want to play against and hope for the best.

Capt. Buko
02-06-2006, 14:40
Lots of RTT organizers come up with their own systems for this kind of stuff if they have any system at all. The last RTT I went to didn't even bother with the subjective rating system and it's been years since I've seen an organizer do the 40% troops/10% wargear thing. I think that the subjective opponent rating is supposed to be standard, but it isn't always used.

this dosen't exsits in RTT anymore. I run one every 3 months and in the last 2 years I've never seen anything in GW RTT "package" that referres to this.

Placing % restrictions on armys is ***** lame. That's what the sportsmanship score is for (which is also lame imo)

Loricatus
02-06-2006, 18:34
I think the original intent of that rule was to give people an incentive to take more troops (and by proxy, buy more troop models) as opposed to minimized troop selections while loading up on Heavy/Elite. The percentages work for certain armies, but certainly not all. Hence, they got rid of it.

Personally, I started designing my armies that way (high troop/low wargear) and I like it. Every time I ponder wargear for my HQ's, I am point-pinching now. Hmm, 25 points for a 4+ Inv save... nice, but that's 2 more troop models I can't squeeze into my list.