PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen 2500 need help lots of I think

grailknight
20-07-2013, 00:24
Hi guys I'm attending a local tourney in a few weeks time and wanting to try something totally different to my usual Brets and empire so decided on beasts

No idea what the meta is locally and tbh doesn't really matter to me not going for uber competative. Have a rather large collecTionof minis ato select from and have a rough idea of the build I'm looking at bUt could do with some suggestions

Lords

Lv4 bray not sure but thinking death

Beastlord fencers blades mainly for the extra pip of leadership

Heros

Wargor bsb standard of discipline

Lv2 bray guessing shadow not sure about items

Either a gorbull or wargor to help give another unit some punch

Core

3 tuskgors

24 gors shields lv2 goes in here

29 gors extra hand weapons beast lord in here with lv4

26 gors extra handweapons gorbull in here

40 ungor

Special

29 bestigor maybe flaming banner?

Rare

Gorgon

So guys gimme your thoughts and any suggestions

Cheers

Kain187
20-07-2013, 01:41
Not to change too much of your plans-
Beastlord with 2+ armor and 4 ward with a 2 handed weapon works well
I am a fan of the beast lore to turn your gor into fighting machines
Wargor with +1 str banner and scaly skin
Lv2 is up to u. Shadow/death/beasts work
make a block of 40-50 gor instead of multiple blocks
ungor to 15-20 full command where your lev 2 goes
30-40 bestigor with leadership banner giving you a 10 leadership army.- If you get a hero/lord with a 2+ ward to fire he will stop your hammer by himself.

If you have room and the models harpies are great.

Gus8
20-07-2013, 02:40
Not to change too much of your plans-
Beastlord with 2+ armor and 4 ward with a 2 handed weapon works well
I am a fan of the beast lore to turn your gor into fighting machines
Wargor with +1 str banner and scaly skin
Lv2 is up to u. Shadow/death/beasts work
make a block of 40-50 gor instead of multiple blocks
ungor to 15-20 full command where your lev 2 goes
30-40 bestigor with leadership banner giving you a 10 leadership army.- If you get a hero/lord with a 2+ ward to fire he will stop your hammer by himself.

If you have room and the models harpies are great.

This.

The Herdstone is a great site for beastmen also.

Knifeparty
20-07-2013, 17:22
Doombull with Heavy armour, shield, ramhorn helm, scaly skin, sword of swift slaying and dawnstone. This guy will take on whole units by himself. Many Beastmen players swear by him.

I would drop the Gorgon entirely.

The Gore units a think are a bit too small. I would drop one gore unit and add about 10 more to the other two, and give them extra hand weapons instead of shields.

I would also take lore of beasts as you get an army wide bonus to casting values from it, and it makes your crappy units somewhat resilient.

I'm going to second that opinion on taking the +1 strength banner and putting them into the gore unit with extra hand weapons, all of a sudden that unit becomes kind of powerful especially if you cast wildform on it. Strength 5 toughness 5 with hatred is pretty awesome.

I would try to take harpies as well as you have no re-directors.

grailknight
21-07-2013, 02:12
Hi guys had a play around with the list and have come up with following two lists please understand that I'm not trying to be uber competative but don't want to be a walk over either first list is 2500 points and the second one is for 3000

List 1

Doom bull Heavy armour shield gnarled hide sword of swift saying ram horn helm dawn stone

Beast lord Heavy armour tricksters helm great weapon iron curse icon talisman of preservation

Heroes

Wargor heavy armour fencers blades seed of rebirth

Wargor bsb heavy armour shield razor standard to go in with bestigor

Bray lv2 dispel scroll beasts

Bray lv2

Core

36 gor shields FC

40gor extra hand weapons FC

40 ungor FC spears

Special

32bestigor FC standard of discipline

Options with this list is to drop the doom bull and add in 3 chariots and 10 raiders

Ok so the 3k list is basically the same with the addition of a gorgon 10 raiders and a extra 20 or for a bunker for the lv2s whilst dropping one chariot

Thanks in advance