PDA

View Full Version : Greater Daemons vs. Shems?

Griffite
20-07-2013, 02:39
So a couple games ago I was playing against my friend who was using High Elves and had a loremaster. He killed my Keeper of Secrets in the first two turn using Shem's both turns. He could see me because I was a large target and used the buffed version so I was taking 2d6 S6 hits with a 48" range. As far as I know my friend and I did everything correctly, and so my question is how do I counter this? I felt silly losing my greater daemon so quickly, but what else could I do?

jarbo
20-07-2013, 04:17
Well, stopping shems would be a great start. That's really the only thing he can cast at range that would be able to take down a GD the first turn or two. The keeper is M10 and get into combat by turn two, so turn one you stop shems, turn 2 you hit combat.

Lord Solar Plexus
20-07-2013, 07:20
Just a nitpick - he cannot see you because you're a large target. He can see you or not, period. Large target only has repercussions on cover modifiers, which is irrelevant for magic missilies.

Griffite
20-07-2013, 09:06
You are right Solar, just saying he always had line of sight because I was so large so he could target me. You are correct that it doesn't mean he could automatically see me, just sayin :P And both turns he threw either 5 or 6 dice and got an irresistible on both :( I guess it was just my luck!

ArghaBlargh
20-07-2013, 09:46
Not much you can do then, except deploying your daemon out of his line of sight, behind a house or hill or something.

Methios
20-07-2013, 10:10
As far as i know you have to see the center of the model. So if your hiding behind a house and your tail peaks out. He cannot see you.

Zeroth
20-07-2013, 13:45
You should play with LOS blocking terrain, that'll make it more fair to begin with. Other than that he wants to dispel the magic missiles, but if it's an IR, chances are slim. Daemons really don't like Light much

Daenerys Targaryen
21-07-2013, 18:05
You are right Solar, just saying he always had line of sight because I was so large so he could target me. You are correct that it doesn't mean he could automatically see me, just sayin :P And both turns he threw either 5 or 6 dice and got an irresistible on both :( I guess it was just my luck!
I take it he also had his Loremaster hiding in a BotWD unit to help soak-up miscast damage as well? Otherwise he's just stupidly lucky to have not exploded horribly/lost the spell.