PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves Flyer - Release schedule, loads of pics etc.

Inquis. Jaeger
10-06-2005, 17:50
Just picked up the Wood Elves Release Flyer - this gives all sorts of information and has loads of pics as a 'taster' for the upcoming release. It also has the release schedule!!

Eternal Guard look amazing, as do the wardancers and Waywatchers. All very very cool indeed. Think you may have snared me in GW!!

Also has pics of the other mages. I can confirm they are gorgeous models and the spellsinger we have seen looks sooo much better painted. There are also 3 'Direct Sales' Only Wardancers and 1 Eternal Guard.

Release schedule is as follows -

30 July - Army Set 130
27 Aug - Book, Battalion, Glade Guard (16 fig.), Dryads (12 fig.)
3 Sept - Waywatchers (Blist.), Waywatcher Lord, Treekin, Branchwraith Drycha, Glade Riders (8 fig.)
10 Sept - Spellsinger, Warhawk Rider
17 Sept - Lord w Great Weapon
24 Sept - Mounted Lord
1 Oct - Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon (?), Treeman
8 Oct - Wild Riders
15 Oct - Eternal Guard, EG Command
22 Oct - Wardancers, W Command, W Lord
29 Oct - Orion

Redshirt also confirmed couple of rumours on the Wild Riders - I got to see next month's WD - pics of Wild Riders. Very nice. Also confirmed they are 'half-elf, half-forest spirit'.

Any questions?

warsmith
10-06-2005, 18:06
most concern of how will contain in battalion....
ub france website http://fr.games-workshop.com/news/sorties.asp
i said that lizard bayyalion will only contain "Boite 48 Figurines Plastique" it didn't contain 8 saurus cold one in fact, and there said WE contain "Bataillon 44 Figurines Plastique"
so, want more confirm........

Gethalorre
10-06-2005, 18:12
Sounds good. And, as my B'day's in September, it sounds even better. :evilgrin:

MVA
10-06-2005, 22:02
So's mine!

But I think I'm going to be giving the Elves a slip at the moment, as I'd want to be playing against something that ISN'T the army I'm using (and it seems every man and his dog are going to be wanting a bit of the WE's at this point).

mrtreeman
10-06-2005, 22:31
well buddy i think your wrong

i think people will like wood elves but everyone may not play them just like lizardmen and ogre kingdoms have been. When they came out people already had armies and just enjoyed playing them.

well i know i'll be getting them $400 australian well spent i think!

Baggers
10-06-2005, 22:46
I have to disagree with you MVA it seems that your fellow gamers you game with have the its NEW I must have it frenzy and so many people have similar armies, but move on to the next one as soon as the army deal is out.

Lord Setra
10-06-2005, 22:57
Cheers.

Might have to pop into my local Gw to pick up one of those flyers.

Misfratz
10-06-2005, 23:29
most concern of how will contain in battalion....
ub france website http://fr.games-workshop.com/news/sorties.asp
i said that lizard bayyalion will only contain "Boite 48 Figurines Plastique" it didn't contain 8 saurus cold one in fact, and there said WE contain "Bataillon 44 Figurines Plastique"
so, want more confirm........UK Online store (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk) Lizardmen battalion on front page of UK store available for advance order and does include a unit saurus cavalry as well as 24 Saurus and 24 Skinks. Have to say though that compared to other battalions this one isn't particularly good value.

I know nothing about the WE battalion, and I do hope that the Lizardman one isn't the beginning of a trend.

warsmith
10-06-2005, 23:44
totally agree.....
but, in fact, saurus cav is cheap enough for 8 models in a box.... GW "big sale" in this box....CCCCCCCC

imthedci
13-06-2005, 15:03
Does it seem odd to anyone that the Army Book and first releases are coming out almost a month after the Army Box? Haven't all the other armies had stuff coming out two weeks after the army box???

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 15:36
Eternal Guard look amazing, as do the wardancers and Waywatchers. All very very cool indeed. Think you may have snared me in GW!!

Also has pics of the other mages. I can confirm they are gorgeous models and the spellsinger we have seen looks sooo much better painted. There are also 3 'Direct Sales' Only Wardancers and 1 Eternal Guard.

Any questions?

Could you please send me pics and prices? :)

Brandir
13-06-2005, 15:39
Does it seem odd to anyone that the Army Book and first releases are coming out almost a month after the Army Box? Haven't all the other armies had stuff coming out two weeks after the army box???

Didn't GW do a similar thing with the release of Ogre Kingdoms???

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 15:41
And how many different heroes\mages exist?

Brandir
13-06-2005, 15:48
Isn't there three of each (on foot)??

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 15:53
Thanks. I wounder - didn t seee mage on unicorn in release shedule :wtf:

Xxcha
13-06-2005, 21:36
According to the release leaflet that i have (ibelieve its the same one), there are 4 different heroes. Lord with great weapon, Mounted lord, wardancer hero and way watcher hero.
There isnt any clear info on the amount of different spellsingers, only that there are 3 pictured in the booklet.

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 21:46
I see. Thanks.

Galonthar
14-06-2005, 11:43
27 Aug - Book, Battalion, Glade Guard (16 fig.), Dryads (12 fig.)

damn.... were gonna have a great big battle at 14 juli....
likely my first time facing chaos and lizzies.... and I have to fight with the incompleted army list..... :cries: :cries:

Crube
14-06-2005, 20:18
damn.... were gonna have a great big battle at 14 juli....
likely my first time facing chaos and lizzies.... and I have to fight with the incompleted army list..... :cries: :cries:

Even the Army box isnt out til 30th July - I'd demand a full rematch afterwards

(Unless you stuff'em of course :p )

Galonthar
14-06-2005, 20:30
Even the Army box isnt out til 30th July - I'd demand a full rematch afterwards

(Unless you stuff'em of course :p )

heh.... I had a talk with my friends I would have the battle with,...
I`m not so frightened now I know I will likely join in with my friends HE,...

so,.. yeah... I`ll let them bite the dust, real hard

Inquis. Jaeger
15-06-2005, 12:52
According to the release leaflet that i have (ibelieve its the same one), there are 4 different heroes. Lord with great weapon, Mounted lord, wardancer hero and way watcher hero.
There isnt any clear info on the amount of different spellsingers, only that there are 3 pictured in the booklet.

The male Spellsinger is an especially nice model

Brandir
15-06-2005, 13:14
In the UK all GW stores now have the pre-printed WE Army Set direct sales order form. I tried to order it today, but the staff were not allowed to process the order until Saturday 18 Jul 05. I tried ringing MO myself and they said the same.

Apparently there will be only 300 Army Sets available to order on this day, so I suggest you get your orders in now. What time does MO open in Nottingham?

MonkeyKnifeFighter
18-06-2005, 00:08
Does anyone know when these sets will be available in the US?

Jedi152
20-06-2005, 09:03
I picked up the flyer yesterday and noticed a little bit of extra knowledge:

If you read the GW copyrights at the bottom, you can see what are obviously the new names of unit leaders etc.

I won't post here yet, as i don't know if it's an infringment of GW's copyright. (Mods?)

Brandir
20-06-2005, 10:38
Well done. Are you a solicitor? You must be, as only solicitors read the small print!

Anyway, it is interesting reading. The copyright info suggests that the back story will be interesting. It also shows us what the leaders for units will be called. But what is tthe 'Master of Skulls'?

Jedi152
20-06-2005, 10:51
Well done. Are you a solicitor? You must be, as only solicitors read the small print!

Anyway, it is interesting reading. The copyright info suggests that the back story will be interesting. It also shows us what the leaders for units will be called. But what is tthe 'Master of Skulls'?
Nope, not a solicitor! :D

Just determined to glean more info from the flyer!

Morghur:Master of skulls is a BoC character - presumably he plays some large part in the WE fluff.

The others that i haven't seen mentioned on WarSeer: (mods feel free to delete this post if it contravenes WarSeer posting rules)

Arahan, bladesinger, branch nymph, great stag, horsemaster, lord's bowman, Naestra, shadow sentinel, tree kin elder, wild hunter.

I wonder what Arahan and Naestra are? They have capitals which suggests they are names/places.

Cacodemon
20-06-2005, 11:04
I wonder what Arahan and Naestra are? They have capitals which suggests they are names/places.

How about the Twin Sisters of Twilight special characters riding the Dragon?

Brandir
20-06-2005, 11:04
What is BoC?

Most of the titles you mentioned are probably unit leader titles

But those names. Hmm - perhap they are the names of those dragon riding sisters?

Cacodemon
20-06-2005, 11:05
What is BoC?

Beasts of Chaos -> Beastmen and other Chaos monstrosities.

Jedi152
20-06-2005, 11:12
@Brandir - Sorry i should have been more specific. BoC is indeed Beasts of Chaos, as Cacodemon said.

But those names. Hmm - perhap they are the names of those dragon riding sisters?

How about the Twin Sisters of Twilight special characters riding the Dragon?
Good call guys - i'd put money on this being correct.

Galonthar
20-06-2005, 15:45
maybe that name that the BOC (beasts of chaos.. :P) also have, is the name of their dragon?,... draggies usually do have quite "non-elven" names

Galonthar
20-06-2005, 16:02
I just read Tancred`s post on the "Woodelf Fluff" thread,...

says something about an eternal war against thes "Moghur",... maybe he`s the demon Orion & Arielle(?) have sold their souls to

Jedi152
20-06-2005, 16:11
The BoC books paints morghor as a scourge of the forests, he is chaos and disorder in pure form. Wherever he goes, trees twist and mutate around him. In fact he has a rule where anyone entering tree's near him takes a hit!

It's easy to see why he is WE's enemy no. 1.

Galonthar
20-06-2005, 16:16
The BoC books paints morghor as a scourge of the forests, he is chaos and disorder in pure form. Wherever he goes, trees twist and mutate around him. In fact he has a rule where anyone entering tree's near him takes a hit!

It's easy to see why he is WE's enemy no. 1.

hmm.. I agree...

what do you mean with "he has a rule"??..... you mean there`s a BOC character called Moghur?..(sry, I`m not familiar with chaos) and not just a piece of background fluff??

Jedi152
20-06-2005, 16:20
hmm.. I agree...

what do you mean with "he has a rule"??..... you mean there`s a BOC character called Moghur?..(sry, I`m not familiar with chaos) and not just a piece of background fluff??
Yes, again i should have made myself clear. Morghor, master of skulls (http://uk.games-workshop.com/beastsofchaos/miniature%2Dgallery/21/) is a playable character form the BOC book.